|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the girls argue about the lawyer, the mood becomes:
(a) Angry and confrontational.
(b) Angry and violent.
(c) Reflective and sober.
(d) Joyous and celebratory.
2. Lenny believes Babe shot Zackery because:
(a) She wanted a divorce from him.
(b) She is mentally ill.
(c) She is tired of being brutalized by him.
(d) She is in love with Willy Jay.
3. Chick asks Meg about her singing career because:
(a) She knows Meg is getting famous and wants to be part of the action.
(b) She is genuinely concerned about Meg's welfare.
(c) She knows Meg has failed as a singer and wants her to feel badly about it.
(d) She wants to tell their granddaddy about it.
4. Meg claims she has not read Lenny's letters because:
(a) She gets pains in her chest when she thinks of family.
(b) She needs time to pursue her career.
(c) She is no longer interested in the family.
(d) She has moved so many times she no longer receives them.
5. The most pressing matter of the moment is:
(a) Visiting Granddaddy at the hospital.
(b) Picking up Babe from prison.
(c) Getting Doc out of the house before Meg sees him.
(d) Taking Chick's children to the doctor.
6. Lenny appears to be jealous about:
(a) Doc's interest in Meg.
(b) Doc's attention to Chick.
(c) Doc's new wife.
(d) Doc's new baby.
7. When Chick arrives with Babe, she is upset because:
(a) Babe has refused to talk to her lawyer.
(b) Meg has asked her to leave.
(c) Babe has shot Zackery.
(d) Meg has shown up uninvited.
8. Meg and Babe fantasize about the huge birthday cake they have ordered for Lenny, which reveals:
(a) They are still childlike and playful despite their disappointments.
(b) They are unprepared for adult life.
(c) They have no idea how serious their predicaments are.
(d) They are completely irresponsible.
9. Barnette plans to win the case by arguing:
(a) Self-defense or not guilty by reason of temporary insanity.
(b) Murder in the first degree.
(c) Self-defense or guilty of manslaughter.
(d) Guilty by reason of insanity.
10. Meg arrives in town without knowing:
(a) That Babe shot Zackery.
(b) That Zackery was shot.
(c) That Doc still loves her.
(d) That Chick disapproves of her.
11. Lenny begins the play by:
(a) Picking her sister up from prison.
(b) Celebrating her birthday alone.
(c) Remembering the anniversary of her mother's death.
(d) Playing her saxophone.
12. When the sisters discover it is Lenny's birthday they decide to:
(a) Order her a birthday cake from the bakery.
(b) Contact Charlie Hill for her.
(c) Sing Happy Birthday with a candle on a cookie.
(d) Buy her a box of candy.
13. Doc has come by to tell Lenny:
(a) Billy Boy has died of old age.
(b) Billy Boy was struck by lightning.
(c) Billy Boy has run away.
(d) Billy Boy was struck by a car.
14. While Babe muses about the birthday cake she has ordered for Lenny, Meg:
(a) Calls Doc to have a reunion.
(b) Calls Zackery to learn the truth about the shooting.
(c) Calls Barnette Lloyd to invite him over to talk to Babe.
(d) Calls Lenny to tell her to come home.
15. Babe is oddly impressed by:
(a) The amount of coverage she has received since the shooting.
(b) The prospect of going to jail.
(c) Willy Jay's attention to her.
(d) The amount of attention she is getting in town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Though Meg seems entirely self-interested, her actions reveal:
2. Through Babe's confession she discovers:
3. Granddaddy's comment that Zackery was the best man for Babe whether she knew it or not implies:
4. When Babe begins telling her story, she refuses Meg's offer of candy, which suggests:
5. Lenny has agreed to hire Barnette Lloyd:
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)