|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Meg takes a coke from the fridge to calm Lennie, but first she drinks from it herself, indicating:
(a) Lennie is not thirsty.
(b) She needs time to think of what to say next.
(c) She is hungry and thirsty after her journey.
(d) She is more immediately concerned with herself than with Lenny.
2. Chick suggests Lenny wait at home and do what?
(a) Wait for the hospital to call.
(b) Convince Meg to leave right away.
(c) Convince Doc to leave right away.
(d) Greet Babe when she arrives.
3. Meg and Babe fantasize about the huge birthday cake they have ordered for Lenny, which reveals:
(a) They are unprepared for adult life.
(b) They are completely irresponsible.
(c) They are still childlike and playful despite their disappointments.
(d) They have no idea how serious their predicaments are.
4. The nylon wrapper and hair ball Chick leaves on the floor suggests:
(a) She is trying to provoke a confrontation in Lenny.
(b) She does not care about her personal appearance.
(c) She has no hygiene habits.
(d) She expects Lenny to clean up after her like a servant.
5. Doc's gift to Lenny is:
(a) A sack of almonds.
(b) A sack of pecans.
(c) A sack of walnuts.
(d) A sack of peanuts.
6. Meg's remark, "We're getting so old," offends Lenny because:
(a) Lenny feels ugly compared to Meg.
(b) Meg says it right after she sees Lenny.
(c) Doc does not see Meg as old.
(d) Meg knows it is Lenny's birthday.
7. During the argument Lenny reveals:
(a) Doc had visited earlier.
(b) It is her birthday.
(c) Granddaddy is angry with Meg.
(d) Chick does not want Meg around.
8. Lenny's solo celebration suggests:
(a) She has not told anyone about her birthday.
(b) She is unpopular.
(c) She is underappreciated and taken for granted.
(d) Her family is angry with her.
9. Lenny appears to be jealous about:
(a) Doc's interest in Meg.
(b) Doc's new wife.
(c) Doc's new baby.
(d) Doc's attention to Chick.
10. Lenny's birthday gift turns out to be a box of candy, which suggests:
(a) Lenny has a sweet tooth.
(b) Chick has put no thought into the gift.
(c) Chick cares a great deal about Lenny.
(d) Lenny is overweight.
11. Babe seems to blame their mother's death on:
(a) The cat's misbehavior.
(b) The pressures of being a single mother.
(c) Their father's abandonment.
(d) Society's judgement of women.
12. Doc has apparently:
(a) Just returned to Hazlehurst.
(b) Just gotten married.
(c) Just heard about Granddaddy's illness.
(d) Just remembered Lenny's birthday.
13. Meg protests to the idea of Doc's wife because:
(a) She detests artists because she is jealous of them.
(b) She still has feelings for Doc and wants to tell him.
(c) His wife is Southern.
(d) His wife is a Yankee.
14. Lenny is surprised to find:
(a) Others might disapprove of Meg.
(b) Meg might not be coming home.
(c) Chick has remembered her birthday.
(d) Chick has some resentment toward Meg.
15. The most pressing matter of the moment is:
(a) Visiting Granddaddy at the hospital.
(b) Taking Chick's children to the doctor.
(c) Getting Doc out of the house before Meg sees him.
(d) Picking up Babe from prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chick tells Lennie that Lenny's gift to her daughter fell apart because:
2. Babe is oddly impressed by:
3. Lenny believes Babe shot Zackery because:
4. Granddaddy's attitude about Meg's singing career shows:
5. Rather than admit she is gaining weight, Chick claims the pantyhose do not fit because:
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)