|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lenny's birthday gift turns out to be a box of candy, which suggests:
(a) Lenny has a sweet tooth.
(b) Lenny is overweight.
(c) Chick cares a great deal about Lenny.
(d) Chick has put no thought into the gift.
2. While Babe muses about the birthday cake she has ordered for Lenny, Meg:
(a) Calls Barnette Lloyd to invite him over to talk to Babe.
(b) Calls Zackery to learn the truth about the shooting.
(c) Calls Lenny to tell her to come home.
(d) Calls Doc to have a reunion.
3. Lenny believes Babe shot Zackery because:
(a) She wanted a divorce from him.
(b) She is mentally ill.
(c) She is in love with Willy Jay.
(d) She is tired of being brutalized by him.
4. Lenny is surprised to find:
(a) Chick has some resentment toward Meg.
(b) Others might disapprove of Meg.
(c) Meg might not be coming home.
(d) Chick has remembered her birthday.
5. When Meg objects to Barnette, Lenny claims:
(a) Barnette is the best lawyer in town.
(b) No one could defeat Zackery in court.
(c) Meg should have found a better lawyer.
(d) Too much responsibilty has fallen on her.
6. Doc's gift to Lenny is:
(a) A sack of walnuts.
(b) A sack of pecans.
(c) A sack of almonds.
(d) A sack of peanuts.
7. Babe's story suggests that Lenny broke up with Charlie Hill because:
(a) Her granddaddy did not approve of him.
(b) She told him about her shrunken ovary and he rejected her.
(c) Her granddaddy insisted she marry Zackery Botrelle.
(d) She did not find him attractive.
8. When Chick arrives with Babe, she is upset because:
(a) Babe has refused to talk to her lawyer.
(b) Meg has shown up uninvited.
(c) Babe has shot Zackery.
(d) Meg has asked her to leave.
9. Meg and Babe fantasize about the huge birthday cake they have ordered for Lenny, which reveals:
(a) They are still childlike and playful despite their disappointments.
(b) They are unprepared for adult life.
(c) They have no idea how serious their predicaments are.
(d) They are completely irresponsible.
10. Meg and Babe remember their mother's death differently because:
(a) Meg refuses to believe her mother committed suicide.
(b) Meg is not as realistic as Babe.
(c) Babe loved their mother and Meg did not.
(d) Meg was older than Babe when their mother died.
11. When the sisters discover it is Lenny's birthday they decide to:
(a) Sing Happy Birthday with a candle on a cookie.
(b) Contact Charlie Hill for her.
(c) Buy her a box of candy.
(d) Order her a birthday cake from the bakery.
12. Meg claims she has not read Lenny's letters because:
(a) She needs time to pursue her career.
(b) She has moved so many times she no longer receives them.
(c) She gets pains in her chest when she thinks of family.
(d) She is no longer interested in the family.
13. When the girls argue about the lawyer, the mood becomes:
(a) Angry and violent.
(b) Joyous and celebratory.
(c) Angry and confrontational.
(d) Reflective and sober.
14. Barnette plans to win the case by arguing:
(a) Self-defense or guilty of manslaughter.
(b) Murder in the first degree.
(c) Guilty by reason of insanity.
(d) Self-defense or not guilty by reason of temporary insanity.
15. Chick's tight extra-petite pantyhose suggest:
(a) Lenny has forgotten what size she wears.
(b) Lenny has deliberately bought the wrong size.
(c) She cares about the quality of her clothing.
(d) She cares more about appearance than comfort.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lenny's solo celebration suggests:
2. Babe seems to blame their mother's death on:
3. Meg believes Lenny is shy with men because:
4. Babe explodes at Chick, which indicates:
5. Meg and Lenny's relationship appears at first to be:
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)