|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Meg claims she has not read Lenny's letters because:
(a) She needs time to pursue her career.
(b) She is no longer interested in the family.
(c) She has moved so many times she no longer receives them.
(d) She gets pains in her chest when she thinks of family.
2. Meg arrives in town without knowing:
(a) That Zackery was shot.
(b) That Chick disapproves of her.
(c) That Doc still loves her.
(d) That Babe shot Zackery.
3. Lenny's solo celebration suggests:
(a) She is underappreciated and taken for granted.
(b) She has not told anyone about her birthday.
(c) She is unpopular.
(d) Her family is angry with her.
4. Through Babe's confession she discovers:
(a) She does not love Zackery.
(b) She wants to live.
(c) She is angry with granddaddy.
(d) She wants to protect herself from scandal.
5. When the girls argue about the lawyer, the mood becomes:
(a) Angry and violent.
(b) Joyous and celebratory.
(c) Reflective and sober.
(d) Angry and confrontational.
6. While Babe muses about the birthday cake she has ordered for Lenny, Meg:
(a) Calls Zackery to learn the truth about the shooting.
(b) Calls Barnette Lloyd to invite him over to talk to Babe.
(c) Calls Doc to have a reunion.
(d) Calls Lenny to tell her to come home.
7. When Chick arrives with Babe, she is upset because:
(a) Meg has shown up uninvited.
(b) Meg has asked her to leave.
(c) Babe has shot Zackery.
(d) Babe has refused to talk to her lawyer.
8. Rather than admit she is gaining weight, Chick claims the pantyhose do not fit because:
(a) The company is skimping on nylon material.
(b) Lenny has shrunken them.
(c) Stress has caused her to become bloated.
(d) Lenny has purchased the wrong size.
9. Though Meg seems entirely self-interested, her actions reveal:
(a) She is ready to move home and help Lenny shoulder her responsibilities.
(b) She has sacrificed herself on many occasions for the family.
(c) She wants to stay in town to see what she will inherit after her granddaddy's death.
(d) She cares about her sisters and will act on their behalf.
10. Chick's tight extra-petite pantyhose suggest:
(a) She cares about the quality of her clothing.
(b) Lenny has deliberately bought the wrong size.
(c) Lenny has forgotten what size she wears.
(d) She cares more about appearance than comfort.
11. Chick's attitude toward Meg reveals:
(a) Their relationship will be mended over the course of the play.
(b) She is secretly happy to have Meg back.
(c) Their relationship is strained and confrontational.
(d) She is jealous of Meg's lifestyle.
12. Doc's gift to Lenny is:
(a) A sack of peanuts.
(b) A sack of walnuts.
(c) A sack of pecans.
(d) A sack of almonds.
13. Meg protests to the idea of Doc's wife because:
(a) She still has feelings for Doc and wants to tell him.
(b) She detests artists because she is jealous of them.
(c) His wife is a Yankee.
(d) His wife is Southern.
14. When Meg confesses her reservations, Barnette:
(a) Concedes he is not the right lawyer for the case.
(b) Reveals he has a personal vendetta against Zackery.
(c) States he believes Babe did not act alone.
(d) Pleads with her to keep him on for the experience.
15. Meg's remark, "We're getting so old," offends Lenny because:
(a) Doc does not see Meg as old.
(b) Lenny feels ugly compared to Meg.
(c) Meg says it right after she sees Lenny.
(d) Meg knows it is Lenny's birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Meg and Babe fantasize about the huge birthday cake they have ordered for Lenny, which reveals:
2. Doc has come by to tell Lenny:
3. Billy Boy's death might signal:
4. Lenny appears to be jealous about:
5. When Meg objects to Barnette, Lenny claims:
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)