|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chick's physical appearance suggests:
(a) She wants the attention of men.
(b) She is a refined Southern lady.
(c) She does not care what others think of her.
(d) She is a woman concerned with appearances.
2. Meg and Babe fantasize about the huge birthday cake they have ordered for Lenny, which reveals:
(a) They are completely irresponsible.
(b) They are unprepared for adult life.
(c) They are still childlike and playful despite their disappointments.
(d) They have no idea how serious their predicaments are.
3. Lenny has agreed to hire Barnette Lloyd:
(a) As a last resort.
(b) As a favor to a friend.
(c) Because he is the best lawyer in town.
(d) Because he has a crush on Babe.
4. Barnette plans to win the case by arguing:
(a) Self-defense or guilty of manslaughter.
(b) Guilty by reason of insanity.
(c) Self-defense or not guilty by reason of temporary insanity.
(d) Murder in the first degree.
5. The most pressing matter of the moment is:
(a) Visiting Granddaddy at the hospital.
(b) Picking up Babe from prison.
(c) Getting Doc out of the house before Meg sees him.
(d) Taking Chick's children to the doctor.
6. Chick appears to be mainly concerned about:
(a) Her desire to be a member of the Ladies' League.
(b) Lenny's feelings.
(c) Babe's welfare.
(d) Her own standing in the town.
7. Babe explodes at Chick, which indicates:
(a) She should not have been released from prison.
(b) She is in an emotionally vulnerable state.
(c) She is in desperate need of confiding in someone.
(d) She is angry that her sisters have ganged up on her.
8. Chick's tight extra-petite pantyhose suggest:
(a) Lenny has forgotten what size she wears.
(b) She cares more about appearance than comfort.
(c) She cares about the quality of her clothing.
(d) Lenny has deliberately bought the wrong size.
9. Barnette immediately wins Meg over because:
(a) He believes Babe is innocent.
(b) He is young and attractive.
(c) He does not know the family's past history.
(d) He has seen Meg sing and admires her talent.
10. Babe is oddly impressed by:
(a) The amount of attention she is getting in town.
(b) The amount of coverage she has received since the shooting.
(c) The prospect of going to jail.
(d) Willy Jay's attention to her.
11. When Doc leaves, what does Lenny do?
(a) Plans Billy Boy's funeral.
(b) Continues singing Happy Birthday to herself.
(c) Bakes a pecan pie.
(d) Tries to call Meg again.
12. Billy Boy was:
(a) Lenny's horse.
(b) Lenny's pen pal.
(c) Lenny's first love.
(d) Lenny's son.
13. Rather than admit she is gaining weight, Chick claims the pantyhose do not fit because:
(a) The company is skimping on nylon material.
(b) Lenny has purchased the wrong size.
(c) Lenny has shrunken them.
(d) Stress has caused her to become bloated.
14. Lenny's solo celebration suggests:
(a) She is unpopular.
(b) She has not told anyone about her birthday.
(c) She is underappreciated and taken for granted.
(d) Her family is angry with her.
15. When Chick arrives with Babe, she is upset because:
(a) Meg has shown up uninvited.
(b) Meg has asked her to leave.
(c) Babe has shot Zackery.
(d) Babe has refused to talk to her lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Barnette Lloyd arrives, Babe:
2. Babe seems to blame their mother's death on:
3. Babe will not talk to Barnette Lloyd because:
4. Doc's gift to Lenny is:
5. Doc has apparently:
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)