|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through Babe's confession she discovers:
(a) She wants to protect herself from scandal.
(b) She does not love Zackery.
(c) She wants to live.
(d) She is angry with granddaddy.
2. When Chick arrives with Babe, she is upset because:
(a) Meg has asked her to leave.
(b) Babe has refused to talk to her lawyer.
(c) Meg has shown up uninvited.
(d) Babe has shot Zackery.
3. Chick tells Lennie that Lenny's gift to her daughter fell apart because:
(a) She wants Lenny to buy another gift.
(b) She wants Lenny to like her.
(c) She wants to assert her superiority over Lenny.
(d) She wants to get revenge on Meg for her behavior.
4. When the sisters discover it is Lenny's birthday they decide to:
(a) Buy her a box of candy.
(b) Order her a birthday cake from the bakery.
(c) Sing Happy Birthday with a candle on a cookie.
(d) Contact Charlie Hill for her.
5. Barnette immediately wins Meg over because:
(a) He does not know the family's past history.
(b) He has seen Meg sing and admires her talent.
(c) He believes Babe is innocent.
(d) He is young and attractive.
6. Babe's story suggests that Lenny broke up with Charlie Hill because:
(a) She did not find him attractive.
(b) She told him about her shrunken ovary and he rejected her.
(c) Her granddaddy did not approve of him.
(d) Her granddaddy insisted she marry Zackery Botrelle.
7. While Babe muses about the birthday cake she has ordered for Lenny, Meg:
(a) Calls Lenny to tell her to come home.
(b) Calls Doc to have a reunion.
(c) Calls Zackery to learn the truth about the shooting.
(d) Calls Barnette Lloyd to invite him over to talk to Babe.
8. Billy Boy's death might signal:
(a) Granddaddy's death.
(b) The death of hope.
(c) A bad omen for the Magraths.
(d) A change for Lenny.
9. When Babe begins telling her story, she refuses Meg's offer of candy, which suggests:
(a) She is prepared to tell the truth, and does not need to
(b) She has given up entirely.
(c) She wants to get the story over with as quickly as possible.
(d) She is angry with Meg for dragging the story out of her.
10. Meg claims she has not read Lenny's letters because:
(a) She needs time to pursue her career.
(b) She is no longer interested in the family.
(c) She gets pains in her chest when she thinks of family.
(d) She has moved so many times she no longer receives them.
11. Chick's tight extra-petite pantyhose suggest:
(a) She cares about the quality of her clothing.
(b) Lenny has forgotten what size she wears.
(c) Lenny has deliberately bought the wrong size.
(d) She cares more about appearance than comfort.
12. Chick asks Meg about her singing career because:
(a) She knows Meg is getting famous and wants to be part of the action.
(b) She wants to tell their granddaddy about it.
(c) She knows Meg has failed as a singer and wants her to feel badly about it.
(d) She is genuinely concerned about Meg's welfare.
13. Granddaddy's comment that Zackery was the best man for Babe whether she knew it or not implies:
(a) Granddaddy was not interested in her happiness.
(b) Babe was thrilled to marry him.
(c) Zackery threatened Babe into marrying him.
(d) Babe was not happy to marry him.
14. Doc's gift to Lenny is:
(a) A sack of almonds.
(b) A sack of peanuts.
(c) A sack of pecans.
(d) A sack of walnuts.
15. Babe claims she shot Zackery in the stomach because:
(a) She was tired of his yelling all the time.
(b) She was aiming for his heart and her hands were shaking.
(c) He threatened her life that day.
(d) He caught her in the act with Willy Jay.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the girls argue about the lawyer, the mood becomes:
2. Meg's remark, "We're getting so old," offends Lenny because:
3. Meg takes a coke from the fridge to calm Lennie, but first she drinks from it herself, indicating:
4. Babe does not want to expose Willy Jay because:
5. Chick suggests Lenny wait at home and do what?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)