|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chick is upset at Lenny because:
(a) Lenny has called Meg home on Babe's behalf.
(b) Lenniy has invited Doc over.
(c) Lenny has not visited Granddaddy in the hospital.
(d) Lenny believes Babe is innocent.
2. Lenny begins the play by:
(a) Playing her saxophone.
(b) Picking her sister up from prison.
(c) Celebrating her birthday alone.
(d) Remembering the anniversary of her mother's death.
3. The nylon wrapper and hair ball Chick leaves on the floor suggests:
(a) She does not care about her personal appearance.
(b) She has no hygiene habits.
(c) She is trying to provoke a confrontation in Lenny.
(d) She expects Lenny to clean up after her like a servant.
4. Chick suggests Lenny wait at home and do what?
(a) Convince Doc to leave right away.
(b) Wait for the hospital to call.
(c) Greet Babe when she arrives.
(d) Convince Meg to leave right away.
5. Billy Boy was:
(a) Lenny's horse.
(b) Lenny's first love.
(c) Lenny's pen pal.
(d) Lenny's son.
6. Lenny's birthday gift turns out to be a box of candy, which suggests:
(a) Chick cares a great deal about Lenny.
(b) Lenny is overweight.
(c) Lenny has a sweet tooth.
(d) Chick has put no thought into the gift.
7. Chick implies that Meg is the reason:
(a) Granddaddy is sick.
(b) Babe has suffered negative publicity.
(c) Doc now walks with a limp.
(d) Lenny is alone on her birthday.
8. Through the dialog, it becomes apparent that Zackery Botrelle:
(a) Ignored his wife, which drove her to the affair with Willy Jay.
(b) Felt unloved by his wife.
(c) Was emotionally and physically abusive of his wife.
(d) Tried to make his marriage work.
9. When the sisters discover it is Lenny's birthday they decide to:
(a) Sing Happy Birthday with a candle on a cookie.
(b) Contact Charlie Hill for her.
(c) Order her a birthday cake from the bakery.
(d) Buy her a box of candy.
10. Lenny has agreed to hire Barnette Lloyd:
(a) Because he is the best lawyer in town.
(b) Because he has a crush on Babe.
(c) As a favor to a friend.
(d) As a last resort.
11. Chick asks Meg about her singing career because:
(a) She wants to tell their granddaddy about it.
(b) She knows Meg is getting famous and wants to be part of the action.
(c) She knows Meg has failed as a singer and wants her to feel badly about it.
(d) She is genuinely concerned about Meg's welfare.
12. Lenny believes Babe shot Zackery because:
(a) She is tired of being brutalized by him.
(b) She wanted a divorce from him.
(c) She is in love with Willy Jay.
(d) She is mentally ill.
13. Chick appears to be mainly concerned about:
(a) Her desire to be a member of the Ladies' League.
(b) Her own standing in the town.
(c) Babe's welfare.
(d) Lenny's feelings.
14. Babe does not want to expose Willy Jay because:
(a) She wants to pursue the relationship when the trial is over.
(b) She promised his mother she would keep it a secret.
(c) She is afraid for her own reputation.
(d) She does not want to ruin his reputation.
15. Babe explodes at Chick, which indicates:
(a) She should not have been released from prison.
(b) She is angry that her sisters have ganged up on her.
(c) She is in an emotionally vulnerable state.
(d) She is in desperate need of confiding in someone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Babe will not talk to Barnette Lloyd because:
2. Meg takes a coke from the fridge to calm Lennie, but first she drinks from it herself, indicating:
3. When Babe begins telling her story, she refuses Meg's offer of candy, which suggests:
4. Granddaddy's attitude about Meg's singing career shows:
5. The most pressing matter of the moment is:
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)