|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chick's attitude toward Meg reveals:
(a) She is jealous of Meg's lifestyle.
(b) Their relationship is strained and confrontational.
(c) She is secretly happy to have Meg back.
(d) Their relationship will be mended over the course of the play.
2. Granddaddy's attitude about Meg's singing career shows:
(a) He believes she will fail.
(b) He is supportive but naive about show business.
(c) He wants her to succeed, but won't use his connections to help her.
(d) He disapproves of her choice of careers.
3. Through the dialog, it becomes apparent that Zackery Botrelle:
(a) Felt unloved by his wife.
(b) Tried to make his marriage work.
(c) Was emotionally and physically abusive of his wife.
(d) Ignored his wife, which drove her to the affair with Willy Jay.
4. Chick suggests Lenny wait at home and do what?
(a) Convince Meg to leave right away.
(b) Convince Doc to leave right away.
(c) Wait for the hospital to call.
(d) Greet Babe when she arrives.
5. The nylon wrapper and hair ball Chick leaves on the floor suggests:
(a) She expects Lenny to clean up after her like a servant.
(b) She has no hygiene habits.
(c) She is trying to provoke a confrontation in Lenny.
(d) She does not care about her personal appearance.
6. When Doc leaves, what does Lenny do?
(a) Bakes a pecan pie.
(b) Plans Billy Boy's funeral.
(c) Continues singing Happy Birthday to herself.
(d) Tries to call Meg again.
7. Chick asks Meg about her singing career because:
(a) She is genuinely concerned about Meg's welfare.
(b) She wants to tell their granddaddy about it.
(c) She knows Meg has failed as a singer and wants her to feel badly about it.
(d) She knows Meg is getting famous and wants to be part of the action.
8. Lenny believes Babe shot Zackery because:
(a) She is tired of being brutalized by him.
(b) She wanted a divorce from him.
(c) She is mentally ill.
(d) She is in love with Willy Jay.
9. When Meg objects to Barnette, Lenny claims:
(a) Too much responsibilty has fallen on her.
(b) Barnette is the best lawyer in town.
(c) No one could defeat Zackery in court.
(d) Meg should have found a better lawyer.
10. Meg and Babe remember their mother's death differently because:
(a) Meg was older than Babe when their mother died.
(b) Meg is not as realistic as Babe.
(c) Meg refuses to believe her mother committed suicide.
(d) Babe loved their mother and Meg did not.
11. Chick tells Lennie that Lenny's gift to her daughter fell apart because:
(a) She wants to get revenge on Meg for her behavior.
(b) She wants Lenny to like her.
(c) She wants to assert her superiority over Lenny.
(d) She wants Lenny to buy another gift.
12. Meg protests to the idea of Doc's wife because:
(a) His wife is Southern.
(b) She detests artists because she is jealous of them.
(c) She still has feelings for Doc and wants to tell him.
(d) His wife is a Yankee.
13. Doc's gift to Lenny is:
(a) A sack of walnuts.
(b) A sack of almonds.
(c) A sack of pecans.
(d) A sack of peanuts.
14. Chick's tight extra-petite pantyhose suggest:
(a) She cares more about appearance than comfort.
(b) Lenny has deliberately bought the wrong size.
(c) Lenny has forgotten what size she wears.
(d) She cares about the quality of her clothing.
15. What secret does Babe reveal about Lenny to Meg?
(a) Lenny dated a man she met through an ad in the paper.
(b) Lenny has taken up gardening as an escape.
(c) Lenny had never been on a date.
(d) Lenny tried to hang herself like their mother did.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lenny begins the play by:
2. Meg believes Lenny is shy with men because:
3. Meg explains their mother's suicide by telling Babe:
4. Meg arrives in town without knowing:
5. When the sisters discover it is Lenny's birthday they decide to:
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)