|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Meg and Babe remember their mother's death differently because:
(a) Meg was older than Babe when their mother died.
(b) Babe loved their mother and Meg did not.
(c) Meg refuses to believe her mother committed suicide.
(d) Meg is not as realistic as Babe.
2. When Meg confesses her reservations, Barnette:
(a) Concedes he is not the right lawyer for the case.
(b) Reveals he has a personal vendetta against Zackery.
(c) Pleads with her to keep him on for the experience.
(d) States he believes Babe did not act alone.
3. Lenny appears to be jealous about:
(a) Doc's attention to Chick.
(b) Doc's new baby.
(c) Doc's interest in Meg.
(d) Doc's new wife.
4. During the argument Lenny reveals:
(a) Granddaddy is angry with Meg.
(b) Doc had visited earlier.
(c) Chick does not want Meg around.
(d) It is her birthday.
5. Doc's gift to Lenny is:
(a) A sack of walnuts.
(b) A sack of peanuts.
(c) A sack of almonds.
(d) A sack of pecans.
6. Lenny has agreed to hire Barnette Lloyd:
(a) As a favor to a friend.
(b) Because he has a crush on Babe.
(c) As a last resort.
(d) Because he is the best lawyer in town.
7. When Meg objects to Barnette, Lenny claims:
(a) Meg should have found a better lawyer.
(b) Too much responsibilty has fallen on her.
(c) No one could defeat Zackery in court.
(d) Barnette is the best lawyer in town.
8. Lenny believes Babe shot Zackery because:
(a) She is tired of being brutalized by him.
(b) She is mentally ill.
(c) She is in love with Willy Jay.
(d) She wanted a divorce from him.
9. When Chick arrives with Babe, she is upset because:
(a) Babe has shot Zackery.
(b) Meg has asked her to leave.
(c) Babe has refused to talk to her lawyer.
(d) Meg has shown up uninvited.
10. Chick appears to be mainly concerned about:
(a) Her desire to be a member of the Ladies' League.
(b) Her own standing in the town.
(c) Babe's welfare.
(d) Lenny's feelings.
11. Meg takes a coke from the fridge to calm Lennie, but first she drinks from it herself, indicating:
(a) She is hungry and thirsty after her journey.
(b) Lennie is not thirsty.
(c) She is more immediately concerned with herself than with Lenny.
(d) She needs time to think of what to say next.
12. Babe explodes at Chick, which indicates:
(a) She should not have been released from prison.
(b) She is in an emotionally vulnerable state.
(c) She is in desperate need of confiding in someone.
(d) She is angry that her sisters have ganged up on her.
13. Chick implies that Meg is the reason:
(a) Lenny is alone on her birthday.
(b) Granddaddy is sick.
(c) Doc now walks with a limp.
(d) Babe has suffered negative publicity.
14. While Babe muses about the birthday cake she has ordered for Lenny, Meg:
(a) Calls Zackery to learn the truth about the shooting.
(b) Calls Barnette Lloyd to invite him over to talk to Babe.
(c) Calls Doc to have a reunion.
(d) Calls Lenny to tell her to come home.
15. Meg claims she has not read Lenny's letters because:
(a) She has moved so many times she no longer receives them.
(b) She is no longer interested in the family.
(c) She needs time to pursue her career.
(d) She gets pains in her chest when she thinks of family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Babe claims she shot Zackery in the stomach because:
2. Chick suggests Lenny wait at home and do what?
3. Meg believes Lenny is shy with men because:
4. Barnette plans to win the case by arguing:
5. The nylon wrapper and hair ball Chick leaves on the floor suggests:
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)