|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chick appears to be mainly concerned about:
(a) Babe's welfare.
(b) Lenny's feelings.
(c) Her desire to be a member of the Ladies' League.
(d) Her own standing in the town.
2. Babe claims she shot Zackery in the stomach because:
(a) He caught her in the act with Willy Jay.
(b) She was aiming for his heart and her hands were shaking.
(c) He threatened her life that day.
(d) She was tired of his yelling all the time.
3. Chick's continual focus on the shame their mother's suicide brought on the family suggests:
(a) She is unsympathetic and self-interested.
(b) She is afraid they will forget what happened,.
(c) She is untouched by the situation and doesn't remember much about it.
(d) She is the only responsible one in the family.
4. Meg and Babe fantasize about the huge birthday cake they have ordered for Lenny, which reveals:
(a) They are unprepared for adult life.
(b) They are still childlike and playful despite their disappointments.
(c) They are completely irresponsible.
(d) They have no idea how serious their predicaments are.
5. When Meg confesses her reservations, Barnette:
(a) States he believes Babe did not act alone.
(b) Pleads with her to keep him on for the experience.
(c) Concedes he is not the right lawyer for the case.
(d) Reveals he has a personal vendetta against Zackery.
6. Granddaddy's comment that Zackery was the best man for Babe whether she knew it or not implies:
(a) Granddaddy was not interested in her happiness.
(b) Zackery threatened Babe into marrying him.
(c) Babe was not happy to marry him.
(d) Babe was thrilled to marry him.
7. Though Meg seems entirely self-interested, her actions reveal:
(a) She wants to stay in town to see what she will inherit after her granddaddy's death.
(b) She has sacrificed herself on many occasions for the family.
(c) She cares about her sisters and will act on their behalf.
(d) She is ready to move home and help Lenny shoulder her responsibilities.
8. Babe's story suggests that Lenny broke up with Charlie Hill because:
(a) She told him about her shrunken ovary and he rejected her.
(b) Her granddaddy did not approve of him.
(c) She did not find him attractive.
(d) Her granddaddy insisted she marry Zackery Botrelle.
9. Chick is upset at Lenny because:
(a) Lenny believes Babe is innocent.
(b) Lenny has not visited Granddaddy in the hospital.
(c) Lenny has called Meg home on Babe's behalf.
(d) Lenniy has invited Doc over.
10. Lenny begins the play by:
(a) Celebrating her birthday alone.
(b) Playing her saxophone.
(c) Remembering the anniversary of her mother's death.
(d) Picking her sister up from prison.
11. While Babe muses about the birthday cake she has ordered for Lenny, Meg:
(a) Calls Lenny to tell her to come home.
(b) Calls Doc to have a reunion.
(c) Calls Barnette Lloyd to invite him over to talk to Babe.
(d) Calls Zackery to learn the truth about the shooting.
12. Barnette immediately wins Meg over because:
(a) He is young and attractive.
(b) He does not know the family's past history.
(c) He has seen Meg sing and admires her talent.
(d) He believes Babe is innocent.
13. Doc has come by to tell Lenny:
(a) Billy Boy was struck by a car.
(b) Billy Boy has died of old age.
(c) Billy Boy was struck by lightning.
(d) Billy Boy has run away.
14. When Chick arrives with Babe, she is upset because:
(a) Babe has shot Zackery.
(b) Babe has refused to talk to her lawyer.
(c) Meg has asked her to leave.
(d) Meg has shown up uninvited.
15. What secret does Babe reveal about Lenny to Meg?
(a) Lenny tried to hang herself like their mother did.
(b) Lenny dated a man she met through an ad in the paper.
(c) Lenny had never been on a date.
(d) Lenny has taken up gardening as an escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. Meg's remark, "We're getting so old," offends Lenny because:
2. Meg and Babe remember their mother's death differently because:
3. When Meg objects to Barnette, Lenny claims:
4. Lenny's birthday gift turns out to be a box of candy, which suggests:
5. Lenny has agreed to hire Barnette Lloyd:
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)