|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Barnette plans to win the case by arguing:
(a) Guilty by reason of insanity.
(b) Self-defense or not guilty by reason of temporary insanity.
(c) Murder in the first degree.
(d) Self-defense or guilty of manslaughter.
2. Barnette immediately wins Meg over because:
(a) He does not know the family's past history.
(b) He has seen Meg sing and admires her talent.
(c) He is young and attractive.
(d) He believes Babe is innocent.
3. While Babe muses about the birthday cake she has ordered for Lenny, Meg:
(a) Calls Lenny to tell her to come home.
(b) Calls Barnette Lloyd to invite him over to talk to Babe.
(c) Calls Doc to have a reunion.
(d) Calls Zackery to learn the truth about the shooting.
4. Chick's tight extra-petite pantyhose suggest:
(a) She cares more about appearance than comfort.
(b) Lenny has deliberately bought the wrong size.
(c) She cares about the quality of her clothing.
(d) Lenny has forgotten what size she wears.
5. When the sisters discover it is Lenny's birthday they decide to:
(a) Order her a birthday cake from the bakery.
(b) Sing Happy Birthday with a candle on a cookie.
(c) Contact Charlie Hill for her.
(d) Buy her a box of candy.
6. Through Babe's confession she discovers:
(a) She is angry with granddaddy.
(b) She wants to protect herself from scandal.
(c) She does not love Zackery.
(d) She wants to live.
7. Doc has apparently:
(a) Just heard about Granddaddy's illness.
(b) Just returned to Hazlehurst.
(c) Just remembered Lenny's birthday.
(d) Just gotten married.
8. Babe explodes at Chick, which indicates:
(a) She should not have been released from prison.
(b) She is in an emotionally vulnerable state.
(c) She is in desperate need of confiding in someone.
(d) She is angry that her sisters have ganged up on her.
9. Babe is oddly impressed by:
(a) The amount of attention she is getting in town.
(b) The prospect of going to jail.
(c) The amount of coverage she has received since the shooting.
(d) Willy Jay's attention to her.
10. Meg and Babe fantasize about the huge birthday cake they have ordered for Lenny, which reveals:
(a) They are still childlike and playful despite their disappointments.
(b) They are completely irresponsible.
(c) They have no idea how serious their predicaments are.
(d) They are unprepared for adult life.
11. Lenny begins the play by:
(a) Remembering the anniversary of her mother's death.
(b) Playing her saxophone.
(c) Picking her sister up from prison.
(d) Celebrating her birthday alone.
12. Chick asks Meg about her singing career because:
(a) She knows Meg has failed as a singer and wants her to feel badly about it.
(b) She is genuinely concerned about Meg's welfare.
(c) She knows Meg is getting famous and wants to be part of the action.
(d) She wants to tell their granddaddy about it.
13. Though Meg seems entirely self-interested, her actions reveal:
(a) She wants to stay in town to see what she will inherit after her granddaddy's death.
(b) She is ready to move home and help Lenny shoulder her responsibilities.
(c) She has sacrificed herself on many occasions for the family.
(d) She cares about her sisters and will act on their behalf.
14. Lenny believes Babe shot Zackery because:
(a) She wanted a divorce from him.
(b) She is in love with Willy Jay.
(c) She is mentally ill.
(d) She is tired of being brutalized by him.
15. Doc has come by to tell Lenny:
(a) Billy Boy has run away.
(b) Billy Boy has died of old age.
(c) Billy Boy was struck by a car.
(d) Billy Boy was struck by lightning.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Barnette Lloyd arrives, Babe:
2. Meg arrives in town without knowing:
3. Doc's gift to Lenny is:
4. When the girls argue about the lawyer, the mood becomes:
5. Chick is upset at Lenny because:
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)