|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chick is upset at Lenny because:
(a) Lenniy has invited Doc over.
(b) Lenny has not visited Granddaddy in the hospital.
(c) Lenny has called Meg home on Babe's behalf.
(d) Lenny believes Babe is innocent.
2. Chick's tight extra-petite pantyhose suggest:
(a) She cares about the quality of her clothing.
(b) Lenny has forgotten what size she wears.
(c) Lenny has deliberately bought the wrong size.
(d) She cares more about appearance than comfort.
3. Meg protests to the idea of Doc's wife because:
(a) She detests artists because she is jealous of them.
(b) His wife is Southern.
(c) His wife is a Yankee.
(d) She still has feelings for Doc and wants to tell him.
4. Lenny has agreed to hire Barnette Lloyd:
(a) Because he is the best lawyer in town.
(b) Because he has a crush on Babe.
(c) As a favor to a friend.
(d) As a last resort.
5. Babe does not want to expose Willy Jay because:
(a) She is afraid for her own reputation.
(b) She wants to pursue the relationship when the trial is over.
(c) She does not want to ruin his reputation.
(d) She promised his mother she would keep it a secret.
6. Meg and Babe fantasize about the huge birthday cake they have ordered for Lenny, which reveals:
(a) They are unprepared for adult life.
(b) They have no idea how serious their predicaments are.
(c) They are completely irresponsible.
(d) They are still childlike and playful despite their disappointments.
7. During the argument Lenny reveals:
(a) Doc had visited earlier.
(b) Granddaddy is angry with Meg.
(c) It is her birthday.
(d) Chick does not want Meg around.
8. When Barnette Lloyd arrives, Babe:
(a) Refuses to speak with him and disappears.
(b) Confronts him and confesses everything.
(c) Begs him to plead guilty so she can just go to jail.
(d) Tells him she cannot reveal her lover.
9. Doc has apparently:
(a) Just remembered Lenny's birthday.
(b) Just gotten married.
(c) Just heard about Granddaddy's illness.
(d) Just returned to Hazlehurst.
10. Babe seems to blame their mother's death on:
(a) The pressures of being a single mother.
(b) The cat's misbehavior.
(c) Their father's abandonment.
(d) Society's judgement of women.
11. Billy Boy's death might signal:
(a) The death of hope.
(b) A bad omen for the Magraths.
(c) Granddaddy's death.
(d) A change for Lenny.
12. When the girls argue about the lawyer, the mood becomes:
(a) Joyous and celebratory.
(b) Angry and violent.
(c) Angry and confrontational.
(d) Reflective and sober.
13. Meg arrives in town without knowing:
(a) That Chick disapproves of her.
(b) That Babe shot Zackery.
(c) That Zackery was shot.
(d) That Doc still loves her.
14. Meg and Babe remember their mother's death differently because:
(a) Meg is not as realistic as Babe.
(b) Meg was older than Babe when their mother died.
(c) Meg refuses to believe her mother committed suicide.
(d) Babe loved their mother and Meg did not.
15. Meg believes Lenny is shy with men because:
(a) She has had her heart broken.
(b) She was never allowed to speak to them.
(c) She doesn't trust them since their Daddy left.
(d) She is ashamed of her shrunken ovary.
Short Answer Questions
1. The nylon wrapper and hair ball Chick leaves on the floor suggests:
2. Babe explodes at Chick, which indicates:
3. Babe will not talk to Barnette Lloyd because:
4. Chick asks Meg about her singing career because:
5. Chick suggests Lenny wait at home and do what?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)