|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Meg claims she has not read Lenny's letters because:
(a) She gets pains in her chest when she thinks of family.
(b) She is no longer interested in the family.
(c) She has moved so many times she no longer receives them.
(d) She needs time to pursue her career.
2. Chick tells Lennie that Lenny's gift to her daughter fell apart because:
(a) She wants Lenny to like her.
(b) She wants to get revenge on Meg for her behavior.
(c) She wants to assert her superiority over Lenny.
(d) She wants Lenny to buy another gift.
3. Babe explodes at Chick, which indicates:
(a) She is angry that her sisters have ganged up on her.
(b) She is in an emotionally vulnerable state.
(c) She is in desperate need of confiding in someone.
(d) She should not have been released from prison.
4. Babe's story suggests that Lenny broke up with Charlie Hill because:
(a) Her granddaddy insisted she marry Zackery Botrelle.
(b) She did not find him attractive.
(c) Her granddaddy did not approve of him.
(d) She told him about her shrunken ovary and he rejected her.
5. Meg's remark, "We're getting so old," offends Lenny because:
(a) Meg says it right after she sees Lenny.
(b) Lenny feels ugly compared to Meg.
(c) Meg knows it is Lenny's birthday.
(d) Doc does not see Meg as old.
6. Chick's attitude toward Meg reveals:
(a) She is secretly happy to have Meg back.
(b) She is jealous of Meg's lifestyle.
(c) Their relationship will be mended over the course of the play.
(d) Their relationship is strained and confrontational.
7. Chick is upset at Lenny because:
(a) Lenny believes Babe is innocent.
(b) Lenny has called Meg home on Babe's behalf.
(c) Lenny has not visited Granddaddy in the hospital.
(d) Lenniy has invited Doc over.
8. When Meg confesses her reservations, Barnette:
(a) Pleads with her to keep him on for the experience.
(b) Reveals he has a personal vendetta against Zackery.
(c) States he believes Babe did not act alone.
(d) Concedes he is not the right lawyer for the case.
9. Lenny's birthday gift turns out to be a box of candy, which suggests:
(a) Chick has put no thought into the gift.
(b) Lenny has a sweet tooth.
(c) Chick cares a great deal about Lenny.
(d) Lenny is overweight.
10. When Chick arrives with Babe, she is upset because:
(a) Babe has shot Zackery.
(b) Meg has asked her to leave.
(c) Meg has shown up uninvited.
(d) Babe has refused to talk to her lawyer.
11. Chick's physical appearance suggests:
(a) She does not care what others think of her.
(b) She is a woman concerned with appearances.
(c) She is a refined Southern lady.
(d) She wants the attention of men.
12. Through Babe's confession she discovers:
(a) She wants to protect herself from scandal.
(b) She is angry with granddaddy.
(c) She does not love Zackery.
(d) She wants to live.
13. Babe will not talk to Barnette Lloyd because:
(a) She is ashamed of herself for shooting Zackery.
(b) She wants to go to jail.
(c) She does not believe he can properly defend her.
(d) She is protecting her teenage lover.
14. Chick appears to be mainly concerned about:
(a) Lenny's feelings.
(b) Her desire to be a member of the Ladies' League.
(c) Her own standing in the town.
(d) Babe's welfare.
15. The nylon wrapper and hair ball Chick leaves on the floor suggests:
(a) She has no hygiene habits.
(b) She does not care about her personal appearance.
(c) She expects Lenny to clean up after her like a servant.
(d) She is trying to provoke a confrontation in Lenny.
Short Answer Questions
1. The most pressing matter of the moment is:
2. Though Meg seems entirely self-interested, her actions reveal:
3. What secret does Babe reveal about Lenny to Meg?
4. Babe seems to blame their mother's death on:
5. Meg and Babe fantasize about the huge birthday cake they have ordered for Lenny, which reveals:
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)