|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The nylon wrapper and hair ball Chick leaves on the floor suggests:
(a) She does not care about her personal appearance.
(b) She is trying to provoke a confrontation in Lenny.
(c) She has no hygiene habits.
(d) She expects Lenny to clean up after her like a servant.
2. Meg takes a coke from the fridge to calm Lennie, but first she drinks from it herself, indicating:
(a) She needs time to think of what to say next.
(b) She is more immediately concerned with herself than with Lenny.
(c) Lennie is not thirsty.
(d) She is hungry and thirsty after her journey.
3. Babe seems to blame their mother's death on:
(a) The cat's misbehavior.
(b) Their father's abandonment.
(c) The pressures of being a single mother.
(d) Society's judgement of women.
4. Chick's tight extra-petite pantyhose suggest:
(a) She cares about the quality of her clothing.
(b) Lenny has forgotten what size she wears.
(c) She cares more about appearance than comfort.
(d) Lenny has deliberately bought the wrong size.
5. Chick suggests Lenny wait at home and do what?
(a) Wait for the hospital to call.
(b) Convince Doc to leave right away.
(c) Convince Meg to leave right away.
(d) Greet Babe when she arrives.
6. When the girls argue about the lawyer, the mood becomes:
(a) Angry and violent.
(b) Reflective and sober.
(c) Joyous and celebratory.
(d) Angry and confrontational.
7. Barnette immediately wins Meg over because:
(a) He has seen Meg sing and admires her talent.
(b) He does not know the family's past history.
(c) He believes Babe is innocent.
(d) He is young and attractive.
8. Lenny's birthday gift turns out to be a box of candy, which suggests:
(a) Chick cares a great deal about Lenny.
(b) Lenny has a sweet tooth.
(c) Chick has put no thought into the gift.
(d) Lenny is overweight.
9. Billy Boy was:
(a) Lenny's son.
(b) Lenny's horse.
(c) Lenny's first love.
(d) Lenny's pen pal.
10. When Doc leaves, what does Lenny do?
(a) Continues singing Happy Birthday to herself.
(b) Tries to call Meg again.
(c) Plans Billy Boy's funeral.
(d) Bakes a pecan pie.
11. Chick's attitude toward Meg reveals:
(a) Their relationship will be mended over the course of the play.
(b) She is secretly happy to have Meg back.
(c) Their relationship is strained and confrontational.
(d) She is jealous of Meg's lifestyle.
12. Chick implies that Meg is the reason:
(a) Babe has suffered negative publicity.
(b) Granddaddy is sick.
(c) Doc now walks with a limp.
(d) Lenny is alone on her birthday.
13. Meg and Lenny's relationship appears at first to be:
(a) Distant and cold.
14. Chick appears to be mainly concerned about:
(a) Her desire to be a member of the Ladies' League.
(b) Her own standing in the town.
(c) Babe's welfare.
(d) Lenny's feelings.
15. Billy Boy's death might signal:
(a) A change for Lenny.
(b) A bad omen for the Magraths.
(c) Granddaddy's death.
(d) The death of hope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rather than admit she is gaining weight, Chick claims the pantyhose do not fit because:
2. Doc has apparently:
3. When Chick arrives with Babe, she is upset because:
4. Barnette plans to win the case by arguing:
5. Meg arrives in town without knowing:
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)