|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Babe muses about the birthday cake she has ordered for Lenny, Meg:
(a) Calls Doc to have a reunion.
(b) Calls Lenny to tell her to come home.
(c) Calls Zackery to learn the truth about the shooting.
(d) Calls Barnette Lloyd to invite him over to talk to Babe.
2. Through Babe's confession she discovers:
(a) She does not love Zackery.
(b) She wants to live.
(c) She is angry with granddaddy.
(d) She wants to protect herself from scandal.
3. Meg's remark, "We're getting so old," offends Lenny because:
(a) Lenny feels ugly compared to Meg.
(b) Meg knows it is Lenny's birthday.
(c) Meg says it right after she sees Lenny.
(d) Doc does not see Meg as old.
4. Billy Boy's death might signal:
(a) A bad omen for the Magraths.
(b) The death of hope.
(c) Granddaddy's death.
(d) A change for Lenny.
5. Billy Boy was:
(a) Lenny's son.
(b) Lenny's first love.
(c) Lenny's pen pal.
(d) Lenny's horse.
6. Chick's physical appearance suggests:
(a) She is a woman concerned with appearances.
(b) She is a refined Southern lady.
(c) She wants the attention of men.
(d) She does not care what others think of her.
7. When Barnette Lloyd arrives, Babe:
(a) Begs him to plead guilty so she can just go to jail.
(b) Tells him she cannot reveal her lover.
(c) Refuses to speak with him and disappears.
(d) Confronts him and confesses everything.
8. Lenny's birthday gift turns out to be a box of candy, which suggests:
(a) Chick cares a great deal about Lenny.
(b) Lenny is overweight.
(c) Lenny has a sweet tooth.
(d) Chick has put no thought into the gift.
9. When Meg objects to Barnette, Lenny claims:
(a) Meg should have found a better lawyer.
(b) No one could defeat Zackery in court.
(c) Too much responsibilty has fallen on her.
(d) Barnette is the best lawyer in town.
10. Chick's attitude toward Meg reveals:
(a) She is jealous of Meg's lifestyle.
(b) Their relationship will be mended over the course of the play.
(c) Their relationship is strained and confrontational.
(d) She is secretly happy to have Meg back.
11. Chick's tight extra-petite pantyhose suggest:
(a) Lenny has deliberately bought the wrong size.
(b) She cares more about appearance than comfort.
(c) Lenny has forgotten what size she wears.
(d) She cares about the quality of her clothing.
12. Babe is oddly impressed by:
(a) The amount of attention she is getting in town.
(b) Willy Jay's attention to her.
(c) The prospect of going to jail.
(d) The amount of coverage she has received since the shooting.
13. Rather than admit she is gaining weight, Chick claims the pantyhose do not fit because:
(a) Stress has caused her to become bloated.
(b) The company is skimping on nylon material.
(c) Lenny has purchased the wrong size.
(d) Lenny has shrunken them.
14. When the sisters discover it is Lenny's birthday they decide to:
(a) Order her a birthday cake from the bakery.
(b) Sing Happy Birthday with a candle on a cookie.
(c) Contact Charlie Hill for her.
(d) Buy her a box of candy.
15. Chick asks Meg about her singing career because:
(a) She wants to tell their granddaddy about it.
(b) She knows Meg is getting famous and wants to be part of the action.
(c) She knows Meg has failed as a singer and wants her to feel badly about it.
(d) She is genuinely concerned about Meg's welfare.
Short Answer Questions
1. Doc's gift to Lenny is:
2. Chick tells Lennie that Lenny's gift to her daughter fell apart because:
3. Through the dialog, it becomes apparent that Zackery Botrelle:
4. The nylon wrapper and hair ball Chick leaves on the floor suggests:
5. Lenny's solo celebration suggests:
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)