|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Barnette immediately wins Meg over because:
(a) He believes Babe is innocent.
(b) He does not know the family's past history.
(c) He has seen Meg sing and admires her talent.
(d) He is young and attractive.
2. Meg protests to the idea of Doc's wife because:
(a) She still has feelings for Doc and wants to tell him.
(b) She detests artists because she is jealous of them.
(c) His wife is a Yankee.
(d) His wife is Southern.
3. Meg takes a coke from the fridge to calm Lennie, but first she drinks from it herself, indicating:
(a) She is more immediately concerned with herself than with Lenny.
(b) She is hungry and thirsty after her journey.
(c) She needs time to think of what to say next.
(d) Lennie is not thirsty.
4. Lenny believes Babe shot Zackery because:
(a) She is in love with Willy Jay.
(b) She is tired of being brutalized by him.
(c) She is mentally ill.
(d) She wanted a divorce from him.
5. Lenny's birthday gift turns out to be a box of candy, which suggests:
(a) Chick has put no thought into the gift.
(b) Lenny has a sweet tooth.
(c) Chick cares a great deal about Lenny.
(d) Lenny is overweight.
6. Chick asks Meg about her singing career because:
(a) She knows Meg is getting famous and wants to be part of the action.
(b) She is genuinely concerned about Meg's welfare.
(c) She wants to tell their granddaddy about it.
(d) She knows Meg has failed as a singer and wants her to feel badly about it.
7. Meg claims she has not read Lenny's letters because:
(a) She is no longer interested in the family.
(b) She gets pains in her chest when she thinks of family.
(c) She has moved so many times she no longer receives them.
(d) She needs time to pursue her career.
8. Babe does not want to expose Willy Jay because:
(a) She is afraid for her own reputation.
(b) She wants to pursue the relationship when the trial is over.
(c) She does not want to ruin his reputation.
(d) She promised his mother she would keep it a secret.
9. When the girls argue about the lawyer, the mood becomes:
(a) Reflective and sober.
(b) Joyous and celebratory.
(c) Angry and violent.
(d) Angry and confrontational.
10. Chick's tight extra-petite pantyhose suggest:
(a) She cares more about appearance than comfort.
(b) Lenny has forgotten what size she wears.
(c) Lenny has deliberately bought the wrong size.
(d) She cares about the quality of her clothing.
11. The most pressing matter of the moment is:
(a) Picking up Babe from prison.
(b) Visiting Granddaddy at the hospital.
(c) Taking Chick's children to the doctor.
(d) Getting Doc out of the house before Meg sees him.
12. Meg's remark, "We're getting so old," offends Lenny because:
(a) Meg says it right after she sees Lenny.
(b) Lenny feels ugly compared to Meg.
(c) Doc does not see Meg as old.
(d) Meg knows it is Lenny's birthday.
13. When Barnette Lloyd arrives, Babe:
(a) Confronts him and confesses everything.
(b) Refuses to speak with him and disappears.
(c) Tells him she cannot reveal her lover.
(d) Begs him to plead guilty so she can just go to jail.
14. Chick tells Lennie that Lenny's gift to her daughter fell apart because:
(a) She wants Lenny to like her.
(b) She wants to get revenge on Meg for her behavior.
(c) She wants Lenny to buy another gift.
(d) She wants to assert her superiority over Lenny.
15. The nylon wrapper and hair ball Chick leaves on the floor suggests:
(a) She has no hygiene habits.
(b) She expects Lenny to clean up after her like a servant.
(c) She does not care about her personal appearance.
(d) She is trying to provoke a confrontation in Lenny.
Short Answer Questions
1. Through Babe's confession she discovers:
2. Meg and Babe fantasize about the huge birthday cake they have ordered for Lenny, which reveals:
3. Lenny begins the play by:
4. Meg believes Lenny is shy with men because:
5. When Chick arrives with Babe, she is upset because:
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)