|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Barnette plans to win the case by arguing:
(a) Murder in the first degree.
(b) Guilty by reason of insanity.
(c) Self-defense or not guilty by reason of temporary insanity.
(d) Self-defense or guilty of manslaughter.
2. Meg takes a coke from the fridge to calm Lennie, but first she drinks from it herself, indicating:
(a) Lennie is not thirsty.
(b) She is hungry and thirsty after her journey.
(c) She needs time to think of what to say next.
(d) She is more immediately concerned with herself than with Lenny.
3. Barnette immediately wins Meg over because:
(a) He has seen Meg sing and admires her talent.
(b) He is young and attractive.
(c) He believes Babe is innocent.
(d) He does not know the family's past history.
4. Billy Boy was:
(a) Lenny's pen pal.
(b) Lenny's horse.
(c) Lenny's first love.
(d) Lenny's son.
5. Chick is upset at Lenny because:
(a) Lenniy has invited Doc over.
(b) Lenny believes Babe is innocent.
(c) Lenny has called Meg home on Babe's behalf.
(d) Lenny has not visited Granddaddy in the hospital.
6. When Babe begins telling her story, she refuses Meg's offer of candy, which suggests:
(a) She is angry with Meg for dragging the story out of her.
(b) She is prepared to tell the truth, and does not need to
(c) She wants to get the story over with as quickly as possible.
(d) She has given up entirely.
7. What secret does Babe reveal about Lenny to Meg?
(a) Lenny had never been on a date.
(b) Lenny tried to hang herself like their mother did.
(c) Lenny has taken up gardening as an escape.
(d) Lenny dated a man she met through an ad in the paper.
8. Chick appears to be mainly concerned about:
(a) Her desire to be a member of the Ladies' League.
(b) Her own standing in the town.
(c) Babe's welfare.
(d) Lenny's feelings.
9. Lenny appears to be jealous about:
(a) Doc's attention to Chick.
(b) Doc's interest in Meg.
(c) Doc's new wife.
(d) Doc's new baby.
10. Chick's attitude toward Meg reveals:
(a) She is secretly happy to have Meg back.
(b) She is jealous of Meg's lifestyle.
(c) Their relationship will be mended over the course of the play.
(d) Their relationship is strained and confrontational.
11. Chick asks Meg about her singing career because:
(a) She knows Meg is getting famous and wants to be part of the action.
(b) She is genuinely concerned about Meg's welfare.
(c) She wants to tell their granddaddy about it.
(d) She knows Meg has failed as a singer and wants her to feel badly about it.
12. The nylon wrapper and hair ball Chick leaves on the floor suggests:
(a) She has no hygiene habits.
(b) She is trying to provoke a confrontation in Lenny.
(c) She expects Lenny to clean up after her like a servant.
(d) She does not care about her personal appearance.
13. Meg protests to the idea of Doc's wife because:
(a) His wife is Southern.
(b) She detests artists because she is jealous of them.
(c) She still has feelings for Doc and wants to tell him.
(d) His wife is a Yankee.
14. Chick's physical appearance suggests:
(a) She wants the attention of men.
(b) She does not care what others think of her.
(c) She is a woman concerned with appearances.
(d) She is a refined Southern lady.
15. Doc has apparently:
(a) Just heard about Granddaddy's illness.
(b) Just returned to Hazlehurst.
(c) Just remembered Lenny's birthday.
(d) Just gotten married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Babe is oddly impressed by:
2. Billy Boy's death might signal:
3. When Chick arrives with Babe, she is upset because:
4. Meg explains their mother's suicide by telling Babe:
5. Meg and Babe fantasize about the huge birthday cake they have ordered for Lenny, which reveals:
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)