|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lenny appears to be jealous about:
(a) Doc's attention to Chick.
(b) Doc's interest in Meg.
(c) Doc's new wife.
(d) Doc's new baby.
2. Though Meg seems entirely self-interested, her actions reveal:
(a) She is ready to move home and help Lenny shoulder her responsibilities.
(b) She cares about her sisters and will act on their behalf.
(c) She has sacrificed herself on many occasions for the family.
(d) She wants to stay in town to see what she will inherit after her granddaddy's death.
3. Rather than admit she is gaining weight, Chick claims the pantyhose do not fit because:
(a) Stress has caused her to become bloated.
(b) The company is skimping on nylon material.
(c) Lenny has purchased the wrong size.
(d) Lenny has shrunken them.
4. Chick appears to be mainly concerned about:
(a) Babe's welfare.
(b) Her own standing in the town.
(c) Her desire to be a member of the Ladies' League.
(d) Lenny's feelings.
5. Babe will not talk to Barnette Lloyd because:
(a) She is protecting her teenage lover.
(b) She wants to go to jail.
(c) She does not believe he can properly defend her.
(d) She is ashamed of herself for shooting Zackery.
6. Chick's tight extra-petite pantyhose suggest:
(a) Lenny has deliberately bought the wrong size.
(b) She cares about the quality of her clothing.
(c) She cares more about appearance than comfort.
(d) Lenny has forgotten what size she wears.
7. Meg's remark, "We're getting so old," offends Lenny because:
(a) Doc does not see Meg as old.
(b) Lenny feels ugly compared to Meg.
(c) Meg knows it is Lenny's birthday.
(d) Meg says it right after she sees Lenny.
8. Lenny has agreed to hire Barnette Lloyd:
(a) As a last resort.
(b) Because he has a crush on Babe.
(c) Because he is the best lawyer in town.
(d) As a favor to a friend.
9. Meg claims she has not read Lenny's letters because:
(a) She gets pains in her chest when she thinks of family.
(b) She has moved so many times she no longer receives them.
(c) She is no longer interested in the family.
(d) She needs time to pursue her career.
10. When Chick arrives with Babe, she is upset because:
(a) Meg has shown up uninvited.
(b) Meg has asked her to leave.
(c) Babe has shot Zackery.
(d) Babe has refused to talk to her lawyer.
11. When Doc leaves, what does Lenny do?
(a) Continues singing Happy Birthday to herself.
(b) Tries to call Meg again.
(c) Plans Billy Boy's funeral.
(d) Bakes a pecan pie.
12. Meg and Babe fantasize about the huge birthday cake they have ordered for Lenny, which reveals:
(a) They are still childlike and playful despite their disappointments.
(b) They have no idea how serious their predicaments are.
(c) They are completely irresponsible.
(d) They are unprepared for adult life.
13. When Barnette Lloyd arrives, Babe:
(a) Begs him to plead guilty so she can just go to jail.
(b) Confronts him and confesses everything.
(c) Refuses to speak with him and disappears.
(d) Tells him she cannot reveal her lover.
14. Doc has come by to tell Lenny:
(a) Billy Boy was struck by lightning.
(b) Billy Boy has died of old age.
(c) Billy Boy was struck by a car.
(d) Billy Boy has run away.
15. Through Babe's confession she discovers:
(a) She does not love Zackery.
(b) She wants to protect herself from scandal.
(c) She wants to live.
(d) She is angry with granddaddy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Granddaddy's attitude about Meg's singing career shows:
2. When Babe begins telling her story, she refuses Meg's offer of candy, which suggests:
3. Doc's gift to Lenny is:
4. Babe explodes at Chick, which indicates:
5. Lenny is surprised to find:
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)