|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lenny believes Babe shot Zackery because:
(a) She is mentally ill.
(b) She is in love with Willy Jay.
(c) She is tired of being brutalized by him.
(d) She wanted a divorce from him.
2. Chick suggests Lenny wait at home and do what?
(a) Greet Babe when she arrives.
(b) Convince Meg to leave right away.
(c) Wait for the hospital to call.
(d) Convince Doc to leave right away.
3. Chick's continual focus on the shame their mother's suicide brought on the family suggests:
(a) She is untouched by the situation and doesn't remember much about it.
(b) She is unsympathetic and self-interested.
(c) She is the only responsible one in the family.
(d) She is afraid they will forget what happened,.
4. Meg and Lenny's relationship appears at first to be:
(b) Distant and cold.
5. Granddaddy's comment that Zackery was the best man for Babe whether she knew it or not implies:
(a) Babe was thrilled to marry him.
(b) Zackery threatened Babe into marrying him.
(c) Granddaddy was not interested in her happiness.
(d) Babe was not happy to marry him.
6. Through Babe's confession she discovers:
(a) She wants to protect herself from scandal.
(b) She wants to live.
(c) She does not love Zackery.
(d) She is angry with granddaddy.
7. Meg's remark, "We're getting so old," offends Lenny because:
(a) Meg knows it is Lenny's birthday.
(b) Doc does not see Meg as old.
(c) Meg says it right after she sees Lenny.
(d) Lenny feels ugly compared to Meg.
8. When Meg confesses her reservations, Barnette:
(a) States he believes Babe did not act alone.
(b) Reveals he has a personal vendetta against Zackery.
(c) Concedes he is not the right lawyer for the case.
(d) Pleads with her to keep him on for the experience.
9. When Barnette Lloyd arrives, Babe:
(a) Confronts him and confesses everything.
(b) Begs him to plead guilty so she can just go to jail.
(c) Refuses to speak with him and disappears.
(d) Tells him she cannot reveal her lover.
10. Meg explains their mother's suicide by telling Babe:
(a) Their father was responsible for her death.
(b) They are all better off now.
(c) Their mother was temporarily insane.
(d) Their mother had a real bad day.
11. Barnette immediately wins Meg over because:
(a) He is young and attractive.
(b) He has seen Meg sing and admires her talent.
(c) He believes Babe is innocent.
(d) He does not know the family's past history.
12. The nylon wrapper and hair ball Chick leaves on the floor suggests:
(a) She expects Lenny to clean up after her like a servant.
(b) She does not care about her personal appearance.
(c) She has no hygiene habits.
(d) She is trying to provoke a confrontation in Lenny.
13. Through the dialog, it becomes apparent that Zackery Botrelle:
(a) Was emotionally and physically abusive of his wife.
(b) Felt unloved by his wife.
(c) Tried to make his marriage work.
(d) Ignored his wife, which drove her to the affair with Willy Jay.
14. Babe claims she shot Zackery in the stomach because:
(a) He caught her in the act with Willy Jay.
(b) He threatened her life that day.
(c) She was aiming for his heart and her hands were shaking.
(d) She was tired of his yelling all the time.
15. Barnette plans to win the case by arguing:
(a) Murder in the first degree.
(b) Guilty by reason of insanity.
(c) Self-defense or not guilty by reason of temporary insanity.
(d) Self-defense or guilty of manslaughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lenny has agreed to hire Barnette Lloyd:
2. When Meg objects to Barnette, Lenny claims:
3. Doc's gift to Lenny is:
4. Chick implies that Meg is the reason:
5. Babe will not talk to Barnette Lloyd because:
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)