|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Doc's gift to Lenny is:
(a) A sack of walnuts.
(b) A sack of peanuts.
(c) A sack of pecans.
(d) A sack of almonds.
2. Babe does not want to expose Willy Jay because:
(a) She promised his mother she would keep it a secret.
(b) She does not want to ruin his reputation.
(c) She wants to pursue the relationship when the trial is over.
(d) She is afraid for her own reputation.
3. Barnette immediately wins Meg over because:
(a) He is young and attractive.
(b) He does not know the family's past history.
(c) He has seen Meg sing and admires her talent.
(d) He believes Babe is innocent.
4. Meg believes Lenny is shy with men because:
(a) She was never allowed to speak to them.
(b) She has had her heart broken.
(c) She is ashamed of her shrunken ovary.
(d) She doesn't trust them since their Daddy left.
5. The most pressing matter of the moment is:
(a) Visiting Granddaddy at the hospital.
(b) Getting Doc out of the house before Meg sees him.
(c) Taking Chick's children to the doctor.
(d) Picking up Babe from prison.
6. Chick suggests Lenny wait at home and do what?
(a) Convince Meg to leave right away.
(b) Convince Doc to leave right away.
(c) Wait for the hospital to call.
(d) Greet Babe when she arrives.
7. When Meg objects to Barnette, Lenny claims:
(a) Too much responsibilty has fallen on her.
(b) No one could defeat Zackery in court.
(c) Meg should have found a better lawyer.
(d) Barnette is the best lawyer in town.
8. Doc has apparently:
(a) Just gotten married.
(b) Just heard about Granddaddy's illness.
(c) Just returned to Hazlehurst.
(d) Just remembered Lenny's birthday.
9. Chick tells Lennie that Lenny's gift to her daughter fell apart because:
(a) She wants Lenny to buy another gift.
(b) She wants Lenny to like her.
(c) She wants to get revenge on Meg for her behavior.
(d) She wants to assert her superiority over Lenny.
10. Meg claims she has not read Lenny's letters because:
(a) She needs time to pursue her career.
(b) She gets pains in her chest when she thinks of family.
(c) She is no longer interested in the family.
(d) She has moved so many times she no longer receives them.
11. Doc has come by to tell Lenny:
(a) Billy Boy has run away.
(b) Billy Boy was struck by a car.
(c) Billy Boy has died of old age.
(d) Billy Boy was struck by lightning.
12. During the argument Lenny reveals:
(a) Granddaddy is angry with Meg.
(b) It is her birthday.
(c) Chick does not want Meg around.
(d) Doc had visited earlier.
13. Babe's story suggests that Lenny broke up with Charlie Hill because:
(a) She did not find him attractive.
(b) Her granddaddy insisted she marry Zackery Botrelle.
(c) She told him about her shrunken ovary and he rejected her.
(d) Her granddaddy did not approve of him.
14. Billy Boy's death might signal:
(a) Granddaddy's death.
(b) A change for Lenny.
(c) The death of hope.
(d) A bad omen for the Magraths.
15. When Doc leaves, what does Lenny do?
(a) Bakes a pecan pie.
(b) Tries to call Meg again.
(c) Continues singing Happy Birthday to herself.
(d) Plans Billy Boy's funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Babe reveal about Lenny to Meg?
2. Lenny's birthday gift turns out to be a box of candy, which suggests:
3. Granddaddy's attitude about Meg's singing career shows:
4. Lenny has agreed to hire Barnette Lloyd:
5. When the girls argue about the lawyer, the mood becomes:
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)