|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rather than sympathizing with Meg's need to "toughen up" after their mother's suicide, Lenny believes:
(a) Meg's lies have stemmed from her need for attention.
(b) Meg always tried to exploit the situation to get what she wanted.
(c) Meg's hardness caused her to lead Doc on, and eventually cost him his leg.
(d) Meg's hardness has cost the whole family their happiness.
2. Chick tells Lennie that Lenny's gift to her daughter fell apart because:
(a) She wants to get revenge on Meg for her behavior.
(b) She wants Lenny to like her.
(c) She wants Lenny to buy another gift.
(d) She wants to assert her superiority over Lenny.
3. Lenny returns upset with Meg because:
(a) Meg has refused to return home with her.
(b) Meg has run off with Doc.
(c) Meg has lied to Old Granddaddy about her success.
(d) Meg has gone to the store to buy liquor.
4. The most pressing matter of the moment is:
(a) Visiting Granddaddy at the hospital.
(b) Getting Doc out of the house before Meg sees him.
(c) Taking Chick's children to the doctor.
(d) Picking up Babe from prison.
5. Though Babe wants to burn the photos of herself and Willy Jay, Barnette tells her:
(a) Zackery has already seen the photos.
(b) She has to turn herself in to the authorities.
(c) It will not do any good because the photos have already gone to the press.
(d) It will not do any good because Zackery has the negative.
Short Answer Questions
1. Meg takes a coke from the fridge to calm Lennie, but first she drinks from it herself, indicating:
2. Chick suggests Lenny wait at home and do what?
3. When Meg objects to Barnette, Lenny claims:
4. Babe does not want to expose Willy Jay because:
5. What did Babe want for her mother's funeral?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)