|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rather than sympathizing with Meg's need to "toughen up" after their mother's suicide, Lenny believes:
(a) Meg's hardness caused her to lead Doc on, and eventually cost him his leg.
(b) Meg's hardness has cost the whole family their happiness.
(c) Meg always tried to exploit the situation to get what she wanted.
(d) Meg's lies have stemmed from her need for attention.
2. When Chick arrives with Babe, she is upset because:
(a) Babe has shot Zackery.
(b) Babe has refused to talk to her lawyer.
(c) Meg has shown up uninvited.
(d) Meg has asked her to leave.
3. Lenny has agreed to hire Barnette Lloyd:
(a) Because he has a crush on Babe.
(b) As a last resort.
(c) Because he is the best lawyer in town.
(d) As a favor to a friend.
4. Chick's physical appearance suggests:
(a) She is a refined Southern lady.
(b) She wants the attention of men.
(c) She is a woman concerned with appearances.
(d) She does not care what others think of her.
5. Babe believes Meg's lies might be true because:
(a) She thinks Meg is a successful singer.
(b) She is naive and hopeful.
(c) She is easily deceived by her sisters.
(d) She has nothing else to believe in.
Short Answer Questions
1. Babe's hysteria does not allow her to register:
2. Lenny is still upset that as children Meg had more :
3. Chick's continual focus on the shame their mother's suicide brought on the family suggests:
4. When Meg confesses her reservations, Barnette:
5. Chick suggests Lenny wait at home and do what?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)