|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Meg's comment, "sometimes I wonder what we wanted," implies:
(a) The girls were discouraged from choosing happy situations.
(b) The girls were not allowed to make any decisions for themselves.
(c) Old Granddaddy did not consider the girls' wishes when he made decisions for them.
(d) Old Granddaddy tried to prevent the girls from rebelling.
2. Lenny's new-found courage:
(a) Allows her to call Charlie at last.
(b) Allows her to move out of Old Granddaddy's house.
(c) Irritates Babe and Meg.
(d) Causes Babe and Meg to be courageous in their own lives.
3. Meg's remark, "We're getting so old," offends Lenny because:
(a) Meg says it right after she sees Lenny.
(b) Doc does not see Meg as old.
(c) Lenny feels ugly compared to Meg.
(d) Meg knows it is Lenny's birthday.
4. Babe's hysteria does not allow her to register:
(a) That Zackery has had photos taken of her and Willy Jay.
(b) That Zackery's liver is getting better.
(c) That Meg has run off with Doc.
(d) That Old Granddaddy has had another stroke.
5. At first, Doc and Meg pretend:
(a) They they cannot remember one another.
(b) They are still in love with one another.
(c) They cannot remember the details of their last meeting.
(d) They do not want to spend time together.
Short Answer Questions
1. The nylon wrapper and hair ball Chick leaves on the floor suggests:
2. Babe and Meg convince Lenny to:
3. Meg believes Lenny is shy with men because:
4. Meg says she will be glad to confess everything to Old Granddaddy because:
5. Chick tells Lennie that Lenny's gift to her daughter fell apart because:
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)