|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the sisters discover it is Lenny's birthday they decide to:
(a) Buy her a box of candy.
(b) Contact Charlie Hill for her.
(c) Order her a birthday cake from the bakery.
(d) Sing Happy Birthday with a candle on a cookie.
2. Doc has come by to tell Lenny:
(a) Billy Boy was struck by lightning.
(b) Billy Boy was struck by a car.
(c) Billy Boy has run away.
(d) Billy Boy has died of old age.
3. Granddaddy's attitude about Meg's singing career shows:
(a) He is supportive but naive about show business.
(b) He wants her to succeed, but won't use his connections to help her.
(c) He disapproves of her choice of careers.
(d) He believes she will fail.
4. Meg believes Lenny is shy with men because:
(a) She doesn't trust them since their Daddy left.
(b) She is ashamed of her shrunken ovary.
(c) She was never allowed to speak to them.
(d) She has had her heart broken.
5. Doc has apparently:
(a) Just gotten married.
(b) Just returned to Hazlehurst.
(c) Just remembered Lenny's birthday.
(d) Just heard about Granddaddy's illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Meg protests to the idea of Doc's wife because:
2. Babe will not talk to Barnette Lloyd because:
3. Chick implies that Meg is the reason:
4. Babe does not want to expose Willy Jay because:
5. Lenny begins the play by:
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)