|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Babe seems to blame their mother's death on:
(a) The cat's misbehavior.
(b) Their father's abandonment.
(c) Society's judgement of women.
(d) The pressures of being a single mother.
2. Babe's story suggests that Lenny broke up with Charlie Hill because:
(a) Her granddaddy insisted she marry Zackery Botrelle.
(b) She did not find him attractive.
(c) She told him about her shrunken ovary and he rejected her.
(d) Her granddaddy did not approve of him.
3. Chick's physical appearance suggests:
(a) She does not care what others think of her.
(b) She is a refined Southern lady.
(c) She is a woman concerned with appearances.
(d) She wants the attention of men.
4. Though Babe wants to burn the photos of herself and Willy Jay, Barnette tells her:
(a) She has to turn herself in to the authorities.
(b) Zackery has already seen the photos.
(c) It will not do any good because Zackery has the negative.
(d) It will not do any good because the photos have already gone to the press.
5. Meg's remark, "We're getting so old," offends Lenny because:
(a) Lenny feels ugly compared to Meg.
(b) Doc does not see Meg as old.
(c) Meg knows it is Lenny's birthday.
(d) Meg says it right after she sees Lenny.
Short Answer Questions
1. Babe believes Meg's lies might be true because:
2. While she tells her story, the comfort food Babe indulges in is:
3. Babe is upset when:
4. Billy Boy's death might signal:
5. Barnette plans to win the case by arguing:
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)