Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Raskolnikov spot in a restaurant?
2. How much does Luzhin say Sonia has stolen?
3. Who does Raskolnikev see following him?
4. What does Raskolnikov see Svidrigaylov doing?
5. Why has Sonia waited for Raskolnikev the whole day?
Essay Topic 1
Money plays an important part in this book and the characters that have little money have miserable lives. Choose one character from the book and discuss his hers relationship with money.
1) What does money mean to them? To what length will they go to get money?
2) Does money make the happy? What do you think would happen to the character if he or she did not have money?
Essay Topic 2
It seems that the goals for many of the character, particularly the women, is to get married, even if they do not love he person they are marrying. Why do you think marriage was so important in the mid-nineteenth century? What were the benefits of marriage for men? What were the benefits for women? How do you think society viewed people who were not married?
Essay Topic 3
Sonia attempts to preach Raskolnikov the bible. In what way is religion the antithesis of Raskolnikov's high ideas? Do you think Dostoevsky represents religion as the only way Raskolnikov can overcome his guilt? What do you think is Dostoevsky's own views on religion?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)