Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Raskolnikov spot in a restaurant?
2. How much does Luzhin say Sonia has stolen?
3. Who does Raskolnikev see following him?
4. What does Raskolnikov see Svidrigaylov doing?
5. Why has Sonia waited for Raskolnikev the whole day?
Raskolnikov and Sonia form a strong bond that Dostoevsky suggests will lead into a lasting relationship. What similarities do you think Sonia and Raskolnikov share? Why do you think Sonia is so important to Raskolnikov's character? What do you think would happen to Raskolnikov if Sonia did not try to help him?
Crime and Punishment is translated into English from the Russian. How much meaning do you think a novel loses through translation? What aspects of the novel do you think would be the most difficult to express in English? In what way do you think a translator tries to overcome these difficulties?
Crime and Punishment is a psychological drama.
1) Using examples from the book describe what you think are the main elements of a psychological drama.
2) In what way is Raskolnikov a typical character from a psychological drama? Are there any similar characters in contemporary psychological dramas?
3) What influence do you think Crime and Punishment has had on the psychological novel?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)