Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Raskolnikov spot in a restaurant?
2. How much does Luzhin say Sonia has stolen?
3. Who does Raskolnikev see following him?
4. What does Raskolnikov see Svidrigaylov doing?
5. Why has Sonia waited for Raskolnikev the whole day?
Raskolnikov and Sonia form a strong bond that Dostoevsky suggests will lead into a lasting relationship. What similarities do you think Sonia and Raskolnikov share? Why do you think Sonia is so important to Raskolnikov's character? What do you think would happen to Raskolnikov if Sonia did not try to help him?
The novel is full of coincidences and fateful meetings. For example, Raskolnikov walks into the same bar where the inspector in charge of the murder case is having a drink. Take one of the coincidences in the book and discuss in what way do you think it contributes to the novel's psychological elements.
Porfiry is probably the cleverest character in the book and quickly works out Raskolnikov.
1) What do you think are Porfiry's goals? How does he achieve his goals?
2) In what way do you think Porfiry wins Raskolnikov's respect and ultimately his trust? Do you think that Porfiry has sympathy for Raskolnikov?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)