|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose funeral is taking place in chapter 1?
(c) Mrs. Marmaladov's
2. Who visits Raskolnikov in this chapter?
3. Who does Dunya marry in St Petersburg?
(c) Prince Myskin
4. When does Raskolnikev come to visit Sonia?
(b) At teatime
(c) At sunset
5. Where does Sonia stay?
(a) In the prison camp
(b) In a nearby city
(c) A nearby village
(d) At the train station
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does Svidrigaylov say he is going to?
2. How old is the girl Svidrigaylov is currently engaged to?
3. Who does Svidrigaylov think about in his hotel room?
4. Who interrupts the funeral dinner?
5. What does Profiry say the murderer regards himself as?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Luzhin use his wealth?
2. In what ways does Porfiry show what perceptive detective he is?
3. Why do you think Dostoevsky distances the reader from Raskolnikov?
4. What do you think Dunya represented to Svidgaylov?
5. In the epilogue how does Dostoevsky distance the reader from Raskolnikov?
6. How does Dostoevsky portray Raskolnikov's conflicting emotions in chapter four?
7. What does chapter two show about Sonia's upbringing?
8. Do you think Raskolnikov has to make a confession?
9. What does Chapter four show about Svidrigaylov's character?
10. Why is making a public confession so difficult for Raskolnikov?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)