|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dunya ask to see?
(b) Her mother
2. What does Luzhin tell Sonia he will help her to get?
(a) A dog
(b) A government pension
(c) A shop
(d) A husband
3. What happens when Raskolnikov looks into Sonia's eyes?
(a) He asks her to marry him
(b) He feels close to her again
(c) He sees the devil
(d) He tries to kill her
4. Who never recovered from the shock of Raskolnikov's confession?
(d) His mother
5. What does Svidrigaylov fear?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Marmaladov spend half of Raskolnikov's twenty rubles on?
2. Why can Dunya not see Sonia?
3. Why does Raskolnikov want to visit Sonia?
4. Who does Raskolnikov think is the only person who has the courage to accept him?
5. How much money does Svidrigaylov give his teenage bride?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think Dunya represented to Svidgaylov?
2. How do you think not confessing to the murder will affect Raskolnikov?
3. In what way does Dostoevsky show Dunya to be different to her brother?
4. Do you think Raskolnikov has to make a confession?
5. What does chapter two show about Sonia's upbringing?
6. In what way does Svidrigaylov's suicide confirm to the reader the complexity of his character?
7. How does Raskolnikov finally find salvation?
8. Describe Svidrigaylov's character?
9. What effect does Raskolnikov's decision to confess have on his mental state.
10. Do you think Raskolnikov has finally accepted his guilt?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)