|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Raskolnikov dream about?
(a) A world affected by a virus
(b) Murdering his mother
(c) Marrying Sonia
(d) Himself as a child
2. Where does Raskolnikev go when he sees Sonia?
(b) The park
(c) The police station
(d) His apartment
3. Who does Rasknikov visit at the beginning of the chapter?
(c) His mother
4. What is Mrs. Marmaladov forcing her children to do?
(a) To do press ups
(b) To build a boat
(c) Beg and dance in the street
(d) Take off their clothes
5. What does Svidrigaylov prove to Dunya?
(a) That he eavesdropped on her conversation with her brother
(b) That he is in love with her
(c) That he has sorted out his life
(d) That he will make a good husband
Short Answer Questions
1. Who never recovered from the shock of Raskolnikov's confession?
2. What does Luzhin skip the funeral to do?
3. Who visits Raskolnikov in this chapter?
4. What does Luzhin tell Sonia he will help her to get?
5. What does Svidrigaylov say is his main interest>
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Raskolnikov finally find salvation?
2. Do you think Svidrigaylov and Raskolnikov's confession is the miracle that Svidrigaylov claims?
3. In what ways does Porfiry show what perceptive detective he is?
4. What do you think chapter two means in context of the novel?
5. Why do you think Luzhin is so angry at Raskolnikov?
6. What do you think Dunya represented to Svidgaylov?
7. Why do you think Dostoevsky distances the reader from Raskolnikov?
8. What does chapter two show about Sonia's upbringing?
9. What does Chapter four show about Svidrigaylov's character?
10. Why is making a public confession so difficult for Raskolnikov?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)