|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Raskolnikov spot in a restaurant?
(d) His mother
2. Who is Svidrigaylov secretly visiting?
3. Why has Sonia waited for Raskolnikev the whole day?
(a) She wants to runaway with him
(b) She loves him
(c) She thinks he is in danger of killing himself
(d) She knows he will confess
4. What did Svidrigaylov's wife permit him to do?
(a) Have affairs with other women
(b) Abuse her
(c) Play soccer
(d) Holiday by himself
5. Whose heart does Razumikhin say Raskolnikov has broken?
(a) His own heart
(b) His sister's
(c) His mother's
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raskolnikov dream about?
2. Why does Raskolnikev not see his act as a crime?
3. What has Svidrigaylov already sent Dunya?
4. Where does Raskolnikov go to when Sonia leaves?
5. Who does Dunya ask to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Luzhin is so angry at Raskolnikov?
2. How does Luzhin use his wealth?
3. Describe Svidrigaylov's character?
4. Why do you think Dostoevsky distances the reader from Raskolnikov?
5. How is Mrs. Marmaladov different to Raskolnikov?
6. Do you think Svidrigaylov and Raskolnikov's confession is the miracle that Svidrigaylov claims?
7. In what way does Raskolnikov's confession sound different to what he had earlier claimed to think?
8. In what ways are Svidrigaylov and Raskolnikov similar?
9. In what way does Dostoevsky show Dunya to be different to her brother?
10. Do you think Raskolnikov has to make a confession?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)