|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Marmaladov spend half of Raskolnikov's twenty rubles on?
(a) Her husband's coffin
(b) The funeral dinner
(c) Her funeral clothes
(d) A new pair of shoes
2. What kind of guests turn up at the funeral?
(a) Lonely people
(b) Slovenly neighbors
3. What does Svidrigaylov prove to Dunya?
(a) That he eavesdropped on her conversation with her brother
(b) That he has sorted out his life
(c) That he will make a good husband
(d) That he is in love with her
4. Who does Raskolnikov visit after the funeral dinner?
(d) His mother
5. Who has followed him to Siberia?
(d) His mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Raskolnikov in this chapter?
2. Why does Sonia disappear for a while?
3. Who does Raskolnikov ask Sonia to make a choice between?
4. How much longer does Raskolnikov have to serve of his prison sentence?
5. How much money does Sonia return?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways are Svidrigaylov and Raskolnikov similar?
2. In the epilogue how does Dostoevsky distance the reader from Raskolnikov?
3. How do you think not confessing to the murder will affect Raskolnikov?
4. How does Luzhin use his wealth?
5. Do you think Svidrigaylov and Raskolnikov's confession is the miracle that Svidrigaylov claims?
6. Do you think Raskolnikov has finally accepted his guilt?
7. Why do you think Luzhin is so angry at Raskolnikov?
8. Why do you think Svidrigaylov holds Dunya in such high regard?
9. What effect does Svidrigaylov death have on Raskolnikov?
10. What does chapter two show about Sonia's upbringing?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)