|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Sonia return?
(a) 8 rubles
(b) 10 rubles
(c) 1 ruble
(d) 50 rubles
2. What does Svidrigaylov prove to Dunya?
(a) That he has sorted out his life
(b) That he is in love with her
(c) That he will make a good husband
(d) That he eavesdropped on her conversation with her brother
3. Who does Luzhin ask to meet
(b) Mrs. Raskolnikov
4. Why can Dunya not see Sonia?
(a) She is with a client
(b) Svidrigaylov has locked her in her oom
(c) He has killed her
(d) She is not home
5. Who does Raskolnikov visit after the funeral dinner?
(c) His mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person Mrs. Marmaladov talks to at the funeral dinner?
2. Who does Profiry say he suspects?
3. Who does Razumikin say he discusses the murder with?
4. How does Mrs. Marmaladov attempt to show Sonia's innocence?
5. What does Profiry say will happen if Raskolnikov confesses?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Svidrigaylov holds Dunya in such high regard?
2. In what way does Svidrigaylov's suicide confirm to the reader the complexity of his character?
3. In what way does Raskolnikov's confession sound different to what he had earlier claimed to think?
4. Why do you think Luzhin is so angry at Raskolnikov?
5. What effect does Svidrigaylov death have on Raskolnikov?
6. What do you think chapter two means in context of the novel?
7. Describe Svidrigaylov's character?
8. Do you think Raskolnikov has to make a confession?
9. How does Raskolnikov view a public confession?
10. How does Dostoevsky portray Raskolnikov's conflicting emotions in chapter four?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)