|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Svidrigaylov already sent Dunya?
(a) A book
(b) A letter
(c) A banana
2. What does Raskolnikov see Svidrigaylov doing?
(a) Giving someone money
(b) Entering Sonia's apartment
(c) Getting into a cab
(d) Talking to a policeman
3. What does Raskolnikov realize when Sonia disappears?
(a) He is a fool
(b) He needs security
(c) He hates her
(d) He loves her
4. Who does Svidrigaylov think about in his hotel room?
5. What do Sonia and Raskolnikov think love can do to them?
(a) Make them happy
(b) Give them children
(c) Redeem them
(d) Make them respectable
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Raskolnikov in this chapter?
2. What does Sonia say is God's domain?
3. Who does Razumikin say he discusses the murder with?
4. Who comes to visit Raskolnikov at the beginning of the chapter?
5. Who does Luzhin point to as his witness?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Raskolnikov view a public confession?
2. Why do you think Mrs. Marmaladov loses control?
3. Describe Svidrigaylov's character?
4. Why do you think Luzhin sets up Sonia?
5. How does Dostoevsky still create suspense even as he winds down his story?
6. In what way does Dostoevsky show Dunya to be different to her brother?
7. Why do you think Dostoevsky distances the reader from Raskolnikov?
8. In the epilogue how does Dostoevsky distance the reader from Raskolnikov?
9. How does Luzhin use his wealth?
10. Why is making a public confession so difficult for Raskolnikov?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)