|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who never recovered from the shock of Raskolnikov's confession?
(d) His mother
2. What does Raskolnikov ask his mother?
(a) If she will help him escape to America
(b) If she kill him
(c) If she will always love him
(d) If she will confess for him
3. What does Luzhin skip the funeral to do?
(a) Count his money
(b) Grab a pizza
(c) Plan how to go get back at Raskonikov
(d) See Dunya
4. Who does Svidrigaylov say tried to save him?
(c) Mrs. Raskolnikov
5. Why can Dunya not see Sonia?
(a) Svidrigaylov has locked her in her oom
(b) She is not home
(c) He has killed her
(d) She is with a client
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dunya ask to see?
2. What happens when Raskolnikov looks into Sonia's eyes?
3. What does Svidrigaylov fear?
4. What does Profiry say the murderer regards himself as?
5. Whose funeral is taking place in chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Svidrigaylov's character?
2. Do you think Svidrigaylov and Raskolnikov's confession is the miracle that Svidrigaylov claims?
3. How does Raskolnikov finally find salvation?
4. In the epilogue how does Dostoevsky distance the reader from Raskolnikov?
5. In what ways are Svidrigaylov and Raskolnikov similar?
6. How does Dostoevsky portray Raskolnikov's conflicting emotions in chapter four?
7. What effect does Svidrigaylov death have on Raskolnikov?
8. How does Raskolnikov view a public confession?
9. What does Chapter four show about Svidrigaylov's character?
10. Why do you think Mrs. Marmaladov loses control?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)