|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Raskolnikov ask Sonia to make a choice between?
(a) Her stepmother and Luzhin
(b) Luzhin and himself
(c) God and the devil
(d) Putin and Tolstoy
2. What is the name of Luzhin's younger roommate?
3. What kind of guests turn up at the funeral?
(b) Lonely people
(d) Slovenly neighbors
4. What information does Svidrigaylov share with Raskolnikov?
(a) Details about Dunya
(b) Details about how to cook goulash
(c) Details about his apartment
(d) Details about his marriage
5. Who does Svidrigaylov say tried to save him?
(c) Mrs. Raskolnikov
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Svidrigaylov fear?
2. What is Porfiry not satisfied with?
3. Who visits Raskolnikov in this chapter?
4. What does Profiry say will happen if Raskolnikov confesses?
5. Where does Svidrigaylov go after his meeting with his fiance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think Raskolnikov has finally accepted his guilt?
2. Why do you think Dostoevsky distances the reader from Raskolnikov?
3. In what ways are Svidrigaylov and Raskolnikov similar?
4. Why do you think Luzhin sets up Sonia?
5. What do you think Dunya represented to Svidgaylov?
6. What do you think chapter two means in context of the novel?
7. How is Mrs. Marmaladov different to Raskolnikov?
8. Why do you think Luzhin is so angry at Raskolnikov?
9. How do you think not confessing to the murder will affect Raskolnikov?
10. Do you think Raskolnikov has to make a confession?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)