|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dunya now know?
(a) That her brother is evil
(b) That her brother loves Sonia
(c) The truth about the murder
(d) That she want to marry Luzhin
2. What does Svidrigaylov say is the secret to seduction?
(b) A silver tongue
3. What does Profiry say the murderer regards himself as?
(a) An honest man
(b) The devil incarnate
(d) A legendary lover
4. Who does Raskolnikov think is the only person who has the courage to accept him?
(a) His mother
5. Who comes to visit Raskolnikov at the beginning of the chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Luzhin say Sonia has stolen?
2. Why does Raskolnikev not see his act as a crime?
3. How much money does Sonia return?
4. Who does Luzhin ask to meet
5. What does Raskolnikov do after Mrs. Marmaladov's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect does Svidrigaylov death have on Raskolnikov?
2. How does Dostoevsky portray Raskolnikov's conflicting emotions in chapter four?
3. In what way does Dostoevsky show Dunya to be different to her brother?
4. Why do you think Luzhin is so angry at Raskolnikov?
5. Why is making a public confession so difficult for Raskolnikov?
6. Why do you think Luzhin sets up Sonia?
7. How does Raskolnikov finally find salvation?
8. Why do you think Svidrigaylov holds Dunya in such high regard?
9. What does Chapter four show about Svidrigaylov's character?
10. How does Luzhin make Sonia look guilty?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)