|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luzhin tell Sonia he will help her to get?
(a) A government pension
(b) A dog
(c) A husband
(d) A shop
2. Who does Svidrigaylov say tried to save him?
(b) Mrs. Raskolnikov
3. Why does Raskolnikev not see his act as a crime?
(a) Because he was poor
(b) Because the old lady was a bad person
(c) Because he was mad
(d) Because many men have killed in war
4. What does Svidrigaylov say is his main interest>
5. What is the name of Luzhin's younger roommate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Profiry say will happen if Raskolnikov confesses?
2. Why has Sonia waited for Raskolnikev the whole day?
3. What does Raskolnikev remember Sonia telling him?
4. How much money does Svidrigaylov give his teenage bride?
5. Who does Rasknikov visit at the beginning of the chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Dostoevsky show Dunya to be different to her brother?
2. In what ways are Svidrigaylov and Raskolnikov similar?
3. In what way does Svidrigaylov's suicide confirm to the reader the complexity of his character?
4. How does Raskolnikov finally find salvation?
5. How does Dostoevsky portray Raskolnikov's conflicting emotions in chapter four?
6. Why is making a public confession so difficult for Raskolnikov?
7. Why do you think Dostoevsky distances the reader from Raskolnikov?
8. What effect does Svidrigaylov death have on Raskolnikov?
9. Describe Svidrigaylov's character?
10. How is Mrs. Marmaladov different to Raskolnikov?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)