|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Raskolnikov worry about?
(a) That Porfiry knows everything
(b) That he will contradict himself
(c) Porfiry will trick him into a confession
(d) That he will sweat under questionning
2. What does Mrs. Marmaladov spend half of Raskolnikov's twenty rubles on?
(a) A new pair of shoes
(b) Her husband's coffin
(c) The funeral dinner
(d) Her funeral clothes
3. Who does Profiry say he suspects?
4. Who does Svidrigaylov say tried to save him?
(b) Mrs. Raskolnikov
5. How does Mrs. Marmaladov treat her guests?
(a) Like they are not there
(b) Like she does not know them
(c) With love and respect
(d) With vicious criticisms
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Raskolnikov visit after the funeral dinner?
2. How much money does Sonia return?
3. What does Luzhin skip the funeral to do?
4. Who is Svidrigaylov secretly visiting?
5. What happens when Raskolnikov looks into Sonia's eyes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Luzhin sets up Sonia?
2. How do you think not confessing to the murder will affect Raskolnikov?
3. Why do you think Svidrigaylov holds Dunya in such high regard?
4. In what ways does Porfiry show what perceptive detective he is?
5. What effect does Raskolnikov's decision to confess have on his mental state.
6. Why is making a public confession so difficult for Raskolnikov?
7. Describe Svidrigaylov's character?
8. What do you think chapter two means in context of the novel?
9. How does Raskolnikov view a public confession?
10. How does Luzhin use his wealth?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)