|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Svidrigaylov go after his meeting with his fiance?
(a) Raskolnikov's house
(b) The port
(c) A hotel
2. What does Svidrigaylov say is his main interest>
3. Who does Luzhin point to as his witness?
(d) Mrs. Marmaladov
4. How does Svidrigaylov say he flattered Dunya?
(a) By taking her to fancy restaurants
(b) By buying her gifts
(c) By telling her she was beautiful
(d) By letting her think she had the power to change him
5. Why can Dunya not see Sonia?
(a) She is not home
(b) She is with a client
(c) He has killed her
(d) Svidrigaylov has locked her in her oom
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Raskolnikov's sentence?
2. Why does Raskolnikov threaten to kill Svidrigaylov?
3. What reason does Svidrigaylov give for observing Raskolnikov?
4. What does Raskolnikov ask his mother?
5. What has Svidrigaylov already sent Dunya?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think Raskolnikov has to make a confession?
2. How is Mrs. Marmaladov different to Raskolnikov?
3. Do you think Raskolnikov has finally accepted his guilt?
4. Why do you think Dostoevsky distances the reader from Raskolnikov?
5. In what way does Dostoevsky show Dunya to be different to her brother?
6. Why do you think Luzhin is so angry at Raskolnikov?
7. Describe Svidrigaylov's character?
8. What does chapter two show about Sonia's upbringing?
9. What effect does Raskolnikov's decision to confess have on his mental state.
10. Do you think Svidrigaylov and Raskolnikov's confession is the miracle that Svidrigaylov claims?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)