|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Marmaladov treat her guests?
(a) Like they are not there
(b) Like she does not know them
(c) With vicious criticisms
(d) With love and respect
2. Who does Luzhin ask to meet
(a) Mrs. Raskolnikov
3. What has happened to Mrs. Marmaladov?
(a) She has gone mad and disppeared
(b) She has jumped off a bridge
(c) She has runaway to the Ukraine
(d) She has dug up her husband
4. What does Sonia say is God's domain?
(a) Human relationships
(c) Life and death
(d) Her own life
5. Why does Raskolnikov threaten to kill Svidrigaylov?
(a) He is worried he won't give him the money he promised
(b) He is woried he will blackmail Dunya
(c) He is worried he is after Sonia
(d) He is worried he will go to the police
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Marmaladov attempt to show Sonia's innocence?
2. Where does Sonia stay?
3. Who does Raskolnikov spot in a restaurant?
4. Who has followed him to Siberia?
5. What does Svidrigaylov say is the secret to seduction?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Mrs. Marmaladov loses control?
2. In what ways does Porfiry show what perceptive detective he is?
3. Why is making a public confession so difficult for Raskolnikov?
4. How does Luzhin make Sonia look guilty?
5. Describe Svidrigaylov's character?
6. How does Luzhin use his wealth?
7. Do you think Raskolnikov has to make a confession?
8. Why do you think Luzhin sets up Sonia?
9. Why do you think Svidrigaylov holds Dunya in such high regard?
10. Why do you think Luzhin is so angry at Raskolnikov?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)