|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Sonia return?
(a) 50 rubles
(b) 1 ruble
(c) 8 rubles
(d) 10 rubles
2. Who does Profiry say he suspects?
3. How does Mrs. Marmaladov treat her guests?
(a) With vicious criticisms
(b) Like she does not know them
(c) Like they are not there
(d) With love and respect
4. What information does Svidrigaylov share with Raskolnikov?
(a) Details about Dunya
(b) Details about how to cook goulash
(c) Details about his marriage
(d) Details about his apartment
5. Who comes to visit Raskolnikov at the beginning of the chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Razumkhin ask his friend?
2. How does Svidrigaylov say he flattered Dunya?
3. Who does Mrs. Marmaladov give place of honor?
4. What does Raskolnikov worry about?
5. What does Profiry say will happen if Raskolnikov confesses?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Svidrigaylov holds Dunya in such high regard?
2. How does Raskolnikov view a public confession?
3. What do you think Dunya represented to Svidgaylov?
4. In the epilogue how does Dostoevsky distance the reader from Raskolnikov?
5. How does Dostoevsky portray Raskolnikov's conflicting emotions in chapter four?
6. Do you think Raskolnikov has finally accepted his guilt?
7. How does Raskolnikov finally find salvation?
8. How does Luzhin make Sonia look guilty?
9. What do you think chapter two means in context of the novel?
10. In what ways are Svidrigaylov and Raskolnikov similar?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)