|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dunya now know?
(a) That her brother is evil
(b) That she want to marry Luzhin
(c) That her brother loves Sonia
(d) The truth about the murder
2. What does Svidrigaylov give Sonia enough to do?
(a) To retire
(b) To buy a house
(c) Follow Raskolnikov to Siberia
(d) To look after her family
3. How much does Luzhin say Sonia has stolen?
(a) 80 rubles
(b) 100 rubles
(c) 1000 rubles
(d) 700 rubles
4. Why is Sonia disturbed by Raskolnikev's attitude?
(a) It is rude
(b) It is cheeky
(c) It is insincere
(d) It is morbid
5. What happens to Raskolnikov when he finally tries to confess to Sonia?
(a) He starts to cry
(b) He is overcome with hatred
(c) He starts to froth at the mouth
(d) He feels feverish
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sonia stay?
2. What do Sonia and Raskolnikov think love can do to them?
3. What is Mrs. Marmaladov forcing her children to do?
4. What does Sonia say is God's domain?
5. Who does Raskolnikov visit after the funeral dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think Raskolnikov has finally accepted his guilt?
2. What does Chapter four show about Svidrigaylov's character?
3. Why do you think Luzhin is so angry at Raskolnikov?
4. How does Luzhin make Sonia look guilty?
5. What does chapter two show about Sonia's upbringing?
6. How does Luzhin use his wealth?
7. What do you think Dunya represented to Svidgaylov?
8. How does Dostoevsky still create suspense even as he winds down his story?
9. Why do you think Mrs. Marmaladov loses control?
10. In what way does Dostoevsky show Dunya to be different to her brother?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)