|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose heart does Razumikhin say Raskolnikov has broken?
(a) His mother's
(c) His own heart
(d) His sister's
2. Who does Luzhin point to as his witness?
(a) Mrs. Marmaladov
3. Who does Raskolnikov spot in a restaurant?
(b) His mother
4. Why does Raskolnikov threaten to kill Svidrigaylov?
(a) He is worried he is after Sonia
(b) He is worried he will go to the police
(c) He is woried he will blackmail Dunya
(d) He is worried he won't give him the money he promised
5. Who does Raskolnikov visit after the funeral dinner?
(a) His mother
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sonia try not to do?
2. Who has followed him to Siberia?
3. What does Raskolnikov think makes him a failure and a criminal?
4. How does Mrs. Marmaladov attempt to show Sonia's innocence?
5. When does Raskolnikev come to visit Sonia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think Raskolnikov has finally accepted his guilt?
2. What do you think chapter two means in context of the novel?
3. What does chapter two show about Sonia's upbringing?
4. Why do you think Dostoevsky distances the reader from Raskolnikov?
5. Why is making a public confession so difficult for Raskolnikov?
6. Why do you think Svidrigaylov holds Dunya in such high regard?
7. How is Mrs. Marmaladov different to Raskolnikov?
8. How does Luzhin use his wealth?
9. Do you think Svidrigaylov and Raskolnikov's confession is the miracle that Svidrigaylov claims?
10. In what way does Svidrigaylov's suicide confirm to the reader the complexity of his character?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)