|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Svidrigaylov say is the secret to seduction?
(b) A silver tongue
2. What information does Svidrigaylov share with Raskolnikov?
(a) Details about his marriage
(b) Details about his apartment
(c) Details about how to cook goulash
(d) Details about Dunya
3. Whose funeral is taking place in chapter 1?
(b) Mrs. Marmaladov's
4. Who does Dunya ask to see?
(d) Her mother
5. What country does Svidrigaylov say he is going to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dunya say Raskolnikev's willingness to face suffering is a sign of?
2. What has happened to Mrs. Marmaladov?
3. Who does Raskolnikev see following him?
4. Where does Raskolnikev go when he sees Sonia?
5. How does Mrs. Marmaladov treat her guests?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dostoevsky portray Raskolnikov's conflicting emotions in chapter four?
2. Why do you think Luzhin is so angry at Raskolnikov?
3. How does Luzhin make Sonia look guilty?
4. How does Dostoevsky still create suspense even as he winds down his story?
5. What do you think chapter two means in context of the novel?
6. Why do you think Mrs. Marmaladov loses control?
7. What effect does Raskolnikov's decision to confess have on his mental state.
8. In what ways are Svidrigaylov and Raskolnikov similar?
9. In what way does Svidrigaylov's suicide confirm to the reader the complexity of his character?
10. How does Raskolnikov view a public confession?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)