|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs Marmaladov find in her daughter's pockets?
(a) A pocket watch
(b) A 100 ruble note
(d) A banana skin
2. What does Svidrigaylov give Sonia enough to do?
(a) To buy a house
(b) Follow Raskolnikov to Siberia
(c) To look after her family
(d) To retire
3. Who does Mrs. Marmaladov give place of honor?
4. When does Raskolnikev come to visit Sonia?
(a) At teatime
(d) At sunset
5. How does Mrs. Marmaladov treat her guests?
(a) With love and respect
(b) Like they are not there
(c) Like she does not know them
(d) With vicious criticisms
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dunya now know?
2. What did Svidrigaylov's wife permit him to do?
3. Who does Svidrigaylov think about in his hotel room?
4. Who does Luzhin point to as his witness?
5. What is Mrs. Marmaladov forcing her children to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think Svidrigaylov and Raskolnikov's confession is the miracle that Svidrigaylov claims?
2. What does chapter two show about Sonia's upbringing?
3. Why do you think Mrs. Marmaladov loses control?
4. Why do you think Svidrigaylov holds Dunya in such high regard?
5. Why do you think Luzhin is so angry at Raskolnikov?
6. What do you think chapter two means in context of the novel?
7. How does Raskolnikov finally find salvation?
8. What effect does Raskolnikov's decision to confess have on his mental state.
9. How does Luzhin make Sonia look guilty?
10. How does Raskolnikov view a public confession?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)