|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who never recovered from the shock of Raskolnikov's confession?
(a) His mother
2. Why does Raskolnikov want to visit Sonia?
(a) He want to plot to kill Luzhin
(b) He want to ask her to marry him
(c) He wants to give her money
(d) He wants to confess the murders
3. Who is Svidrigaylov secretly visiting?
4. Why does Sonia disappear for a while?
(a) She meets a new man
(b) She falls sick
(c) She wants time on her own
(d) She has to go back home
5. Who interrupts the funeral dinner?
(c) The police
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raskolnikov ask his mother?
2. Why can Dunya not see Sonia?
3. Where does Raskolnikev go when he sees Sonia?
4. How old is the girl Svidrigaylov is currently engaged to?
5. What do Sonia and Raskolnikov think love can do to them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect does Svidrigaylov death have on Raskolnikov?
2. What do you think Dunya represented to Svidgaylov?
3. In what way does Svidrigaylov's suicide confirm to the reader the complexity of his character?
4. Do you think Svidrigaylov and Raskolnikov's confession is the miracle that Svidrigaylov claims?
5. In what ways does Porfiry show what perceptive detective he is?
6. In what ways are Svidrigaylov and Raskolnikov similar?
7. Do you think Raskolnikov has to make a confession?
8. How does Dostoevsky portray Raskolnikov's conflicting emotions in chapter four?
9. How does Raskolnikov view a public confession?
10. In what way does Dostoevsky show Dunya to be different to her brother?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)