|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Raskolnikov think the police want to trip him up?
(a) By being overly nice
(b) By using pyschologiclly stressful questions
(c) By making him paranoid
(d) By following him
2. What does Rashnikov dream about?
(a) The murder
(b) His family heirlooms
(c) His sister's marriage
(d) His university days
3. What does Porfiry do when he suspects someone?
(a) He contacts their mother
(b) He does not follow proper procedure
(c) He follows them
(d) He does not leave them alone
4. What crime does Luzhin link to Svidrigaylov?
5. What did Lisaveta and Sonia used to do together?
(a) Go for long walks
(c) Read the bible
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Porfiry question Raskolnikov about?
2. What does the craftsmen call Raskolnikov?
3. Where does Rakolnikov hide the hidden items?
4. What does Raskolnikov kill the old lady with?
5. What is Razumikhin's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think the horse symbolizes in Raskolnikov's dream?
2. What does the first chapter say about Raskolnikov's character?
3. In what way does Porfiry suggest Raskolnikov has made a mistake?
4. Why do you think Dunya and Mrs. Raskolnikov are not so pleasant to Luzhin in chapter 2?
5. Why do you think Razumikhin is infatuated with Dunya?
6. What does Raskolnikov think of his sister's fiance Luzhin?
7. Why do you think Raskolnikov arranges to meet Porfiry?
8. How does Raskolnikov feel after the murder?
9. What does Sonia symbolize to Raskolnikov?
10. How does Raskolnikov hide his guilt?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)