|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of job does Nicolas have?
(a) House painter
2. Why does Raskolnikov enter the bar?
(a) To read the newspapers
(b) To ask directions
(c) To find a woman
(d) To get drunk
3. Who accompanies Razumikhin and Raskolnikov to see Porfiry?
(d) Raskolnikov's mother
4. What does Rashnikov dream about?
(a) His family heirlooms
(b) His sister's marriage
(c) His university days
(d) The murder
5. Who does Raskolnikov visit at the beginning of chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the craftsmen call Raskolnikov?
2. Which of Dunya's traits would of helped Luzhin climb the social ladder?
3. Why does Raskolnikov leave?
4. Who is waiting for Raskolnikov when he wakes up?
5. Who does Raskolnikov owe money to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is chapter six such an important scene in the novel?
2. In what way does Porfiry suggest Raskolnikov has made a mistake?
3. How does Raskolnikov feel after the murder?
4. In what way does Luzhin's letter put the women in a difficult position?
5. What do you think the horse symbolizes in Raskolnikov's dream?
6. In way does Raskolnikov show a weak will?
7. Why do you think Razumikhin is infatuated with Dunya?
8. Why do you think Dunya and Mrs. Raskolnikov are not so pleasant to Luzhin in chapter 2?
9. Why do you think Dunya chooses her brother over her fiance Luzhin?
10. In what way have Raskolnikov and Porfiry switched roles in chapter five?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)