|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lisaveta and Sonia used to do together?
(b) Read the bible
(d) Go for long walks
2. What kind of animal does Raskolnikov dream about?
(a) A horse
(b) A sheep
(c) A cow
(d) A pig
3. What does Dunya thinks her brother is doing when he leaves so suddenly?
(a) Being Idiotic
(b) Being Normal
(c) Being Crazy
(d) Being Selfish
4. What crime does Luzhin link to Svidrigaylov?
5. How does Raskolnikov think the police want to trip him up?
(a) By following him
(b) By using pyschologiclly stressful questions
(c) By being overly nice
(d) By making him paranoid
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the housekeeper say mended Rakolnikov's shirts?
2. What does Raskolnikov tell Zamyotov?
3. Who wakes Raskolnikov in the morning?
4. Where does Raskolnikov fall asleep?
5. How much money does Raskolnikov say Svidrigaylov has offered Dunya?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Nicolas suspected of the murder?
2. What does Raskolnikov think of his sister's fiance Luzhin?
3. What is a magistrate in the context of this book?
4. In way can the reader sympathize with Raskolnikov?
5. Why do you think Raskolnikov arranges to meet Porfiry?
6. How does Dostoevsky create so much drama in the murder scene?
7. What do you think Raskolnikov's dream means at the beginning of this chapter?
8. How does Raskolnikov feel after the murder?
9. In what way have Raskolnikov and Porfiry switched roles in chapter five?
10. What influence do you think Sonia and Porfiry are having on Raskolnikov?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)