|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Razumikhin have in the cafe?
(a) An orange juice
(b) A vodka and pastry
(c) An omelette
(d) A vodka and sausage
2. Who does the housekeeper say mended Rakolnikov's shirts?
(a) His mother
(d) The pawnbroker
3. What does Porfiry question Raskolnikov about?
(a) His upbringing
(b) The axe they found in the old woman's apartment
(c) His recent actions
(d) The blood on his shoes
4. Why does Raskolnikov object to his sister's impending marriage?
(a) She is too beautiful to marry such an ugly man
(b) She is too young
(c) She will have to move to the UK
(d) She is marrying for financial reasons
5. Who does Raskolniov see at the door?
(a) The craftsman
(b) His mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is waiting for Raskolnikov when he wakes up?
2. Who does Raskolnikov visit at the beginning of chapter 4?
3. What does Porfiry say Nicolas is repeating?
4. Whose presence does Luzhin complain about?
5. What does Raskolnikov ask his family to do before he leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Raskolnikov arranges to meet Porfiry?
2. In what way have Raskolnikov and Porfiry switched roles in chapter five?
3. What does Raskolnikov think of his sister's fiance Luzhin?
4. Why do you think Raskolnikov leaves the room so abruptly in chapter three?
5. What does Sonia symbolize to Raskolnikov?
6. In way can the reader sympathize with Raskolnikov?
7. In what way is Raskolnikov beginning to question himself and his theories?
8. In what way does Dunya and Mrs. Raskolnikov's new situation aide Razumikhin?
9. Why do you think Dunya and Mrs. Raskolnikov are not so pleasant to Luzhin in chapter 2?
10. Why is Nicolas suspected of the murder?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)