Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is it since Raskolnikov last saw his mother and sister?
(a) Ten years
(b) Three years
(c) Two months
(d) One year
2. Where does Raskolnikov fall asleep?
(a) In his bed
(b) By the side of the road
(c) On the grass
(d) On a park bench
3. What did Lisaveta and Sonia used to do together?
(a) Read the bible
(c) Go for long walks
4. How does Raskolnikov think the police want to trip him up?
(a) By following him
(b) By using pyschologiclly stressful questions
(c) By being overly nice
(d) By making him paranoid
5. Who does Raskolnikov visit at the beginning of chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Luzhin say gave him the information about Svidrigaylov?
2. Who does Sonia think will take care of her and her family?
3. What does Raskolnikov ask the workers?
4. What is Razumikhin's profession?
5. What kind of business does Razumikhin propose to start?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Dunya chooses her brother over her fiance Luzhin?
2. How does Raskolnikov hide his guilt?
3. Why do you think Svidrigaylov holds Dunya in such high regard?
4. How does Raskolnikov view a public confession?
5. In way does Raskolnikov show a weak will?
6. In the epilogue how does Dostoevsky distance the reader from Raskolnikov?
7. How do you think the people in Raskolnikov's dream relate to his current situation?
8. What does the first chapter say about Raskolnikov's character?
9. What do you think Dunya represented to Svidgaylov?
10. What does Sonia symbolize to Raskolnikov?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)