Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Porfiry question Raskolnikov about?
(a) The axe they found in the old woman's apartment
(b) His recent actions
(c) His upbringing
(d) The blood on his shoes
2. Which of the following does Razumikhin say to describe Raskolnikov's present state?
(a) A mad, crazy nut job
(b) As mad as a hatter
(c) Funny, yet serious
(d) Morose, gloomy, proud and stuck up
3. Who wakes Raskolnikov in the morning?
(a) His butler
(b) His wife
(c) His landlady
(d) His house keeper
4. What does Raskolnikov accuse Dunya of doing?
(a) Laughing at him
(b) Not following her true feelings
(c) Selling herself
(d) Being greedy
5. Why did Raskolnikov leave his family home?
(a) To go to university
(b) To find a job
(c) To escape loan sharks
(d) To get away from his father
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raskolnikov ask his family to do before he leaves?
2. Which family does Raskolnikov mention?
3. What does Porfiry do when he suspects someone?
4. What does Raskolnikov find in the old women's chest?
5. Who does Luzhin say gave him the information about Svidrigaylov?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Luzhin is so angry at Raskolnikov?
2. How does Luzhin use his wealth?
3. In what way is Raskolnikov beginning to question himself and his theories?
4. What effect does Svidrigaylov death have on Raskolnikov?
5. What does Raskolnikov think of his sister's fiance Luzhin?
6. In what ways does Porfiry show what perceptive detective he is?
7. What do you think chapter two means in context of the novel?
8. Why do you think Mrs. Marmaladov loses control?
9. Why do you think Dunya and Mrs. Raskolnikov are not so pleasant to Luzhin in chapter 2?
10. What effect does Raskolnikov's decision to confess have on his mental state.
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)