|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Raskolnikov find in the old women's chest?
(a) Clothes and jewelry
(b) A dead body
(c) Tins of food
2. What details does Porfiry mention about Raskolnikov's recent behavior?
(a) His visit to the crime scene and various private conversations
(b) His arguments with Dunya
(c) His dislike of Luzhin
(d) The money Svidrigaylov has given him
3. What does Raskolnikov pawn?
(a) His gold chain
(b) His clothes
(c) His university books
(d) His father's silver watch
4. What does Porfiry question Raskolnikov about?
(a) His upbringing
(b) The axe they found in the old woman's apartment
(c) The blood on his shoes
(d) His recent actions
5. What is Sonia's surname?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Raskolnikov meet in the bar?
2. What Russian city does the story take place?
3. Where does Raskolnikov visit after his meeting with Zamyotov?
4. Who does the old lady want to leave her money to when she dies?
5. What does Svidrigaylov say he marriage was motivated by?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Dunya and Mrs. Raskolnikov's new situation aide Razumikhin?
2. In what way is Raskolnikov beginning to question himself and his theories?
3. What do you think Raskolnikov's dream means at the beginning of this chapter?
4. What influence do you think Sonia and Porfiry are having on Raskolnikov?
5. What do you think it says about Razumikhin that he is so close to guessing the truth of the murder?
6. Why is chapter six such an important scene in the novel?
7. How seriously is Raskelnikov thinking about his unnamed idea?
8. What do you think the horse symbolizes in Raskolnikov's dream?
9. Why do you think Dunya and Mrs. Raskolnikov are not so pleasant to Luzhin in chapter 2?
10. How do you think the people in Raskolnikov's dream relate to his current situation?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)