|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Raskolnikov do on his return from the police station?
(a) Destroys the evidence
(c) Buys a ticket to England
(d) Loads his gun
2. Where does the man that follows Sonia wait for her?
(a) At the old lady's house
(b) Outside the police station
(c) Outside Raskolnikov's building
(d) Outside her apartment
3. What is Sonia's surname?
4. Who wakes Raskolnikov in the morning?
(a) His wife
(b) His house keeper
(c) His landlady
(d) His butler
5. What does Razumikhin have in the cafe?
(a) A vodka and sausage
(b) A vodka and pastry
(c) An omelette
(d) An orange juice
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Dunya's traits would of helped Luzhin climb the social ladder?
2. What is Zamyotov's position in the police force?
3. What does Raskolnikov ask the workers?
4. Who looks after Raskolnikov when he becomes feverish?
5. Where does Raskolnikov sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think Raskolnikov's dream means at the beginning of this chapter?
2. In way can the reader sympathize with Raskolnikov?
3. What does Raskolnikov think of his sister's fiance Luzhin?
4. In what way have Raskolnikov and Porfiry switched roles in chapter five?
5. How does Dostoevsky create so much drama in the murder scene?
6. What do you think the horse symbolizes in Raskolnikov's dream?
7. What do you think it says about Razumikhin that he is so close to guessing the truth of the murder?
8. In what way is Raskolnikov beginning to question himself and his theories?
9. In what way does Dunya and Mrs. Raskolnikov's new situation aide Razumikhin?
10. Why is chapter six such an important scene in the novel?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)