|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Raskolnikov leave his family home?
(a) To escape loan sharks
(b) To go to university
(c) To find a job
(d) To get away from his father
2. Why does Luzhin say he wants to marry a poor woman?
(a) Because he was born poor
(b) Because she will be easier to control
(c) She will benefit from his money
(d) Because poor women are more affectionate
3. What is Sonia's surname?
4. Where did the craftsmen hear Nicolas's confession?
(a) In a cave
(b) In a bar
(c) At the police station
(d) At church
5. What does Nicolas confess to?
(a) The murder
(b) The distortion of facts
(c) Falling in love with Dunya
(d) Stealing Raskolnikov's family heirlooms
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Dunya's fiance?
2. Where does Rakolnikov hide the hidden items?
3. What kind of job does the old lady have?
4. Which of the following does Razumikhin say to describe Raskolnikov's present state?
5. What does Raskolnikov drink before he falls asleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dostoevsky create so much drama in the murder scene?
2. Why do you think Raskolnikov arranges to meet Porfiry?
3. How does Raskolnikov feel after the murder?
4. In what way have Raskolnikov and Porfiry switched roles in chapter five?
5. Why is Nicolas suspected of the murder?
6. What do you think Raskolnikov's dream means at the beginning of this chapter?
7. What does the letter show about Raskolnikov's relationship with his family?
8. How does Raskolnikov hide his guilt?
9. Why do you think Dunya and Mrs. Raskolnikov are not so pleasant to Luzhin in chapter 2?
10. In what way is Raskolnikov beginning to question himself and his theories?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)