|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Porfiry not follow proper procedure?
(a) It bores him
(b) Because the suspect is usually too careful
(c) He does not know what the procedure is
(d) It does not work
2. How much money does Raskolnikov say Svidrigaylov has offered Dunya?
(a) 3000 rubles
(b) 5,000 rubles
(c) 100 rubles
(d) 10,000 rubles
3. Who does Raskolnikov set out to find at the beginning of chapter five?
(c) The old lady
4. What did Lisaveta and Sonia used to do together?
(a) Read the bible
(c) Go for long walks
5. What is the name of the doctor that visits Rashkolnikov?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the housekeeper say mended Rakolnikov's shirts?
2. Which of Dunya's traits would of helped Luzhin climb the social ladder?
3. Whose presence does Luzhin complain about?
4. What does Rashnikov dream about?
5. Whose money is the 3,000 rubles?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way have Raskolnikov and Porfiry switched roles in chapter five?
2. What do you think it says about Razumikhin that he is so close to guessing the truth of the murder?
3. How does Raskolnikov hide his guilt?
4. What does Sonia symbolize to Raskolnikov?
5. What do you think Raskolnikov's dream in this chapter represents?
6. How seriously is Raskelnikov thinking about his unnamed idea?
7. Why do you think Dunya and Mrs. Raskolnikov are not so pleasant to Luzhin in chapter 2?
8. In what way is Raskolnikov beginning to question himself and his theories?
9. What is a magistrate in the context of this book?
10. How does Raskolnikov feel after the murder?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)