|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Russian city does the story take place?
(d) St. Petersburg
2. What is the name of the pawnbroker's half sister?
3. How does Raskolnikov hide his fear?
(a) He pretends to be happy
(b) He dances
(c) He pretends to be angry
(d) He talks rapidly
4. Why did Raskolnikov leave his family home?
(a) To find a job
(b) To escape loan sharks
(c) To get away from his father
(d) To go to university
5. What kind of job does Nicolas have?
(c) House painter
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raskolnikov drink before he falls asleep?
2. What does Porfiry say will give itself away in the end?
3. Where does Rakolnikov hide the hidden items?
4. Who does Raskolnikov set out to find at the beginning of chapter five?
5. Who is the letter from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think the horse symbolizes in Raskolnikov's dream?
2. In way does Raskolnikov show a weak will?
3. In what way is Raskolnikov beginning to question himself and his theories?
4. Why do you think Dunya and Mrs. Raskolnikov are not so pleasant to Luzhin in chapter 2?
5. Why do you think Razumikhin is infatuated with Dunya?
6. What do you think Raskolnikov's dream in this chapter represents?
7. In what way does Dunya and Mrs. Raskolnikov's new situation aide Razumikhin?
8. How do you think the people in Raskolnikov's dream relate to his current situation?
9. Why do you think Dunya chooses her brother over her fiance Luzhin?
10. In way can the reader sympathize with Raskolnikov?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)