|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose money is the 3,000 rubles?
(b) Svidrigaylov's deceased wife
(c) The government's
(d) The bank's
2. Who does Raskolnikov go to see the next morning?
3. What kind of job does Nicolas have?
(a) House painter
4. Who else does Raskolnikov kill?
(b) His landlady
(d) His sister
5. What does Raskolnikov drink before he falls asleep?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raskolnikov kill the old lady with?
2. What does Svidrigaylov say he marriage was motivated by?
3. Where does Rakolnikov hide the hidden items?
4. What is Zamyotov's position in the police force?
5. Why does Raskolnikov leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Raskolnikov arranges to meet Porfiry?
2. How does Dostoevsky portray Raskolnikov's conflicting emotions in chapter four?
3. In what way have Raskolnikov and Porfiry switched roles in chapter five?
4. Why do you think Dunya chooses her brother over her fiance Luzhin?
5. Why do you think Dunya and Mrs. Raskolnikov are not so pleasant to Luzhin in chapter 2?
6. How is Mrs. Marmaladov different to Raskolnikov?
7. What does the letter show about Raskolnikov's relationship with his family?
8. What do you think Dunya represented to Svidgaylov?
9. What effect does Svidrigaylov death have on Raskolnikov?
10. Do you think Svidrigaylov and Raskolnikov's confession is the miracle that Svidrigaylov claims?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)