|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Porfiry do when he suspects someone?
(a) He does not leave them alone
(b) He follows them
(c) He contacts their mother
(d) He does not follow proper procedure
2. How long is it since Raskolnikov last saw his mother and sister?
(a) Two months
(b) Three years
(c) One year
(d) Ten years
3. Who does Raskolniov see at the door?
(c) His mother
(d) The craftsman
4. In what month does the story begin?
5. Where does the man that follows Sonia wait for her?
(a) Outside her apartment
(b) Outside Raskolnikov's building
(c) At the old lady's house
(d) Outside the police station
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Luzhin want to marry Dunya so much?
2. Where did the craftsmen hear Nicolas's confession?
3. What does Razumikhin have in the cafe?
4. What does Raskolnikov ask the workers?
5. What crime does Luzhin link to Svidrigaylov?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think Raskolnikov's dream means at the beginning of this chapter?
2. What does chapter two show about Sonia's upbringing?
3. In way does Raskolnikov show a weak will?
4. In what way is Raskolnikov beginning to question himself and his theories?
5. How does Luzhin make Sonia look guilty?
6. How does Dostoevsky portray Raskolnikov's conflicting emotions in chapter four?
7. What influence do you think Sonia and Porfiry are having on Raskolnikov?
8. Why do you think Svidrigaylov holds Dunya in such high regard?
9. How does Raskolnikov hide his guilt?
10. How does Raskolnikov feel after the murder?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)