|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Raskolnokov go at the end of the first chapter?
(c) A swimming pool
(d) A bar
2. How did Svidrigaylov's wife die?
(a) A stroke
(c) The measles
3. Who does the old lady want to leave her money to when she dies?
(a) Her half sister
(b) The university
(c) Her son
(d) A monastry
4. Where does Raskolnikov visit after his meeting with Zamyotov?
(a) A brothel
(b) The church
(c) The murder scene
(d) The police station
5. What did Lisaveta and Sonia used to do together?
(b) Go for long walks
(d) Read the bible
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the craftsmen hear Nicolas's confession?
2. Who does the housekeeper say mended Rakolnikov's shirts?
3. Who enters the room at the beginning of chapter 6?
4. Who does Raskolnikov ask to look after his mother and sister?
5. What does Dunya thinks her brother is doing when he leaves so suddenly?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Raskolnikov arranges to meet Porfiry?
2. How does Raskolnikov hide his guilt?
3. In what way is Raskolnikov beginning to question himself and his theories?
4. Why do you think Razumikhin is infatuated with Dunya?
5. In way does Raskolnikov show a weak will?
6. Why do you think Dunya and Mrs. Raskolnikov are not so pleasant to Luzhin in chapter 2?
7. Why do you think Raskolnikov leaves the room so abruptly in chapter three?
8. How do you think the people in Raskolnikov's dream relate to his current situation?
9. What does Raskolnikov think of his sister's fiance Luzhin?
10. What influence do you think Sonia and Porfiry are having on Raskolnikov?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)