|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rashnikov dream about?
(a) The murder
(b) His university days
(c) His sister's marriage
(d) His family heirlooms
2. Who does the old lady want to leave her money to when she dies?
(a) The university
(b) Her son
(c) A monastry
(d) Her half sister
3. Who accompanies Razumikhin and Raskolnikov to see Porfiry?
(a) Raskolnikov's mother
4. Who looks after Raskolnikov when he becomes feverish?
(a) His mother
5. Who enters the room at the beginning of chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Porfiry say Nicolas is repeating?
2. At what time does Luzhin request a meeting?
3. Where does Raskolnikov sleep?
4. What does Raskolnikov kill the old lady with?
5. What did Lisaveta and Sonia used to do together?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Raskolnikov arranges to meet Porfiry?
2. How does Raskolnikov feel after the murder?
3. Why do you think Razumikhin is infatuated with Dunya?
4. What do you think Raskolnikov's dream in this chapter represents?
5. What do you think the horse symbolizes in Raskolnikov's dream?
6. What does Sonia symbolize to Raskolnikov?
7. What does Chapter four show about Svidrigaylov's character?
8. Do you think Svidrigaylov and Raskolnikov's confession is the miracle that Svidrigaylov claims?
9. In the epilogue how does Dostoevsky distance the reader from Raskolnikov?
10. How does Raskolnikov finally find salvation?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)