|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does Lisaveta say she will return to the market?
(a) 7 am
(b) 7 pm
(c) 8 am
(d) 12 pm
2. How does Raskolnikov hide his fear?
(a) He dances
(b) He pretends to be happy
(c) He talks rapidly
(d) He pretends to be angry
3. What kind of animal does Raskolnikov dream about?
(a) A pig
(b) A horse
(c) A cow
(d) A sheep
4. Who does Raskolnikov meet in the bar?
5. What is the name of Dunya's fiance?
Short Answer Questions
1. What details does Porfiry mention about Raskolnikov's recent behavior?
2. Who does Luzhin say gave him the information about Svidrigaylov?
3. What Raskolnikov do on his return from the police station?
4. Where does Raskolnikov fall asleep?
5. Why did Raskolnikov leave his family home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Raskolnikov visits Sonia?
2. What does the first chapter say about Raskolnikov's character?
3. In what way does Luzhin's letter put the women in a difficult position?
4. In way can the reader sympathize with Raskolnikov?
5. In what way does Dunya and Mrs. Raskolnikov's new situation aide Razumikhin?
6. What do you think it says about Razumikhin that he is so close to guessing the truth of the murder?
7. What do you think Raskolnikov's dream in this chapter represents?
8. Why is Nicolas suspected of the murder?
9. In what way is Raskolnikov beginning to question himself and his theories?
10. What does Sonia symbolize to Raskolnikov?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)