|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is waiting for Raskolnikov when he wakes up?
2. Where did the craftsmen hear Nicolas's confession?
(a) At church
(b) In a bar
(c) At the police station
(d) In a cave
3. How does Raskolnikov think the police want to trip him up?
(a) By making him paranoid
(b) By following him
(c) By using pyschologiclly stressful questions
(d) By being overly nice
4. What crime does Luzhin link to Svidrigaylov?
5. Who does the old lady want to leave her money to when she dies?
(a) A monastry
(b) Her half sister
(c) The university
(d) Her son
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Raskolnikov sleep?
2. Who is Raskolnikov surprised to hear Sonia was friends with?
3. What does Rashnikov dream about?
4. What does the craftsmen call Raskolnikov?
5. Whose money is the 3,000 rubles?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Raskolnikov leaves the room so abruptly in chapter three?
2. What does Raskolnikov think of his sister's fiance Luzhin?
3. What influence do you think Sonia and Porfiry are having on Raskolnikov?
4. What does the first chapter say about Raskolnikov's character?
5. Why is Nicolas suspected of the murder?
6. In what way have Raskolnikov and Porfiry switched roles in chapter five?
7. What is a magistrate in the context of this book?
8. How does Dostoevsky create so much drama in the murder scene?
9. In what way does Porfiry suggest Raskolnikov has made a mistake?
10. What do you think the horse symbolizes in Raskolnikov's dream?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)