|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Porfiry question Raskolnikov about?
(a) His recent actions
(b) The blood on his shoes
(c) The axe they found in the old woman's apartment
(d) His upbringing
2. Who does Raskolnikov ask to look after his mother and sister?
3. What does Raskolnikov kill the old lady with?
(a) A knife
(b) His bare hands
(c) A hatchet
(d) A gun
4. What does Raskolnikov ask the workers?
(a) If they are married with children
(b) If they saw the bodies
(c) If they have cleaned up the bloodstains
(d) If they have the time
5. What Russian city does the story take place?
(a) St. Petersburg
Short Answer Questions
1. Who plans to interview all the pawnbrokers old clients?
2. What details does Porfiry mention about Raskolnikov's recent behavior?
3. Who does Sonia think will take care of her and her family?
4. What does Raskolnikov want to tell Sonia?
5. What is Zamyotov's position in the police force?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Raskolnikov feel after the murder?
2. What do you think Raskolnikov's dream means at the beginning of this chapter?
3. In what way does Luzhin's letter put the women in a difficult position?
4. Why do you think Raskolnikov visits Sonia?
5. In what way does Porfiry suggest Raskolnikov has made a mistake?
6. How does Dostoevsky create so much drama in the murder scene?
7. Why do you think Dunya and Mrs. Raskolnikov are not so pleasant to Luzhin in chapter 2?
8. In what way is Raskolnikov beginning to question himself and his theories?
9. What do you think it says about Razumikhin that he is so close to guessing the truth of the murder?
10. How do you think the people in Raskolnikov's dream relate to his current situation?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)