|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the craftsmen hear Nicolas's confession?
(a) At church
(b) At the police station
(c) In a cave
(d) In a bar
2. Who does Raskolniov see at the door?
(c) The craftsman
(d) His mother
3. How does Raskolnikov think the police want to trip him up?
(a) By making him paranoid
(b) By using pyschologiclly stressful questions
(c) By following him
(d) By being overly nice
4. Who wakes Raskolnikov in the morning?
(a) His house keeper
(b) His butler
(c) His landlady
(d) His wife
5. Who does Raskolnikov set out to find at the beginning of chapter five?
(a) The old lady
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Svidrigaylov's wife die?
2. Who does Raskolnikov visit at the beginning of chapter 4?
3. What details does Porfiry mention about Raskolnikov's recent behavior?
4. Who does Sonia think will take care of her and her family?
5. What is Sonia's surname?
Short Essay Questions
1. What influence do you think Sonia and Porfiry are having on Raskolnikov?
2. How does Raskolnikov hide his guilt?
3. In what way does Dunya and Mrs. Raskolnikov's new situation aide Razumikhin?
4. What does Sonia symbolize to Raskolnikov?
5. What do you think Raskolnikov's dream in this chapter represents?
6. Why is chapter six such an important scene in the novel?
7. In way can the reader sympathize with Raskolnikov?
8. In what way is Raskolnikov beginning to question himself and his theories?
9. What is a magistrate in the context of this book?
10. In what way does Luzhin's letter put the women in a difficult position?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)