|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Raskolnikov say Svidrigaylov has offered Dunya?
(a) 10,000 rubles
(b) 3000 rubles
(c) 5,000 rubles
(d) 100 rubles
2. What does Razumikhin have in the cafe?
(a) An orange juice
(b) An omelette
(c) A vodka and sausage
(d) A vodka and pastry
3. Who does the old lady want to leave her money to when she dies?
(a) Her half sister
(b) Her son
(c) The university
(d) A monastry
4. What do Sonia and Raskolnikov talk about?
(a) Sonia's family and friends
(b) Sonia's job
(c) The murder
5. What does Rashnikov dream about?
(a) His family heirlooms
(b) His sister's marriage
(c) His university days
(d) The murder
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Dunya's fiance?
2. What kind of business does Razumikhin propose to start?
3. Who looks after Raskolnikov when he becomes feverish?
4. How long is it since Raskolnikov last saw his mother and sister?
5. Where did the craftsmen hear Nicolas's confession?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way have Raskolnikov and Porfiry switched roles in chapter five?
2. What do you think Raskolnikov's dream in this chapter represents?
3. What influence do you think Sonia and Porfiry are having on Raskolnikov?
4. Why do you think Dunya chooses her brother over her fiance Luzhin?
5. What does the letter show about Raskolnikov's relationship with his family?
6. What does Raskolnikov think of his sister's fiance Luzhin?
7. Why is Nicolas suspected of the murder?
8. In way can the reader sympathize with Raskolnikov?
9. What do you think Raskolnikov's dream means at the beginning of this chapter?
10. Why is chapter six such an important scene in the novel?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)