|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose money is the 3,000 rubles?
(a) Svidrigaylov's deceased wife
(b) The bank's
(c) The government's
2. What does Porfiry say will give itself away in the end?
(a) Body language
(b) Finger prints
(c) Human nature
(d) Human blood
3. What does Razumikhin have in the cafe?
(a) A vodka and sausage
(b) A vodka and pastry
(c) An omelette
(d) An orange juice
4. Who does the old lady want to leave her money to when she dies?
(a) Her half sister
(b) A monastry
(c) Her son
(d) The university
5. Who does Raskolnikov set out to find at the beginning of chapter five?
(b) The old lady
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Raskolnikov go to see the next morning?
2. What is the name of Dunya's fiance?
3. Who else does Raskolnikov kill?
4. What is Zamyotov's position in the police force?
5. Where does Raskolnikov sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Dunya and Mrs. Raskolnikov are not so pleasant to Luzhin in chapter 2?
2. In what way is Raskolnikov beginning to question himself and his theories?
3. How do you think the people in Raskolnikov's dream relate to his current situation?
4. In way does Raskolnikov show a weak will?
5. What do you think Raskolnikov's dream in this chapter represents?
6. What does the letter show about Raskolnikov's relationship with his family?
7. In what way have Raskolnikov and Porfiry switched roles in chapter five?
8. In what way does Luzhin's letter put the women in a difficult position?
9. Why do you think Raskolnikov arranges to meet Porfiry?
10. In way can the reader sympathize with Raskolnikov?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)