|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Zamyotov's position in the police force?
(a) Super intendent
(b) Police inspector
(c) Chief police clerk
(d) Police constable
2. Why does Raskolnikov leave?
(a) He needs a vodka
(b) He needs to meet someone
(c) He can see he has gained an advantage
(d) He feels ill
3. Why does Raskolnikov enter the bar?
(a) To find a woman
(b) To read the newspapers
(c) To ask directions
(d) To get drunk
4. Why did Raskolnikov leave his family home?
(a) To escape loan sharks
(b) To go to university
(c) To get away from his father
(d) To find a job
5. Which family does Raskolnikov mention?
(a) The Partridge family
(b) The Svidrigaylov family
(c) The Myskin family
(d) The Rasputin family
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the craftsmen hear Nicolas's confession?
2. What does Razumikhin have in the cafe?
3. What does Raskolnikov ask the workers?
4. What kind of animal does Raskolnikov dream about?
5. Which of the following does Razumikhin say to describe Raskolnikov's present state?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dostoevsky create so much drama in the murder scene?
2. What does Raskolnikov think of his sister's fiance Luzhin?
3. Why do you think Dunya and Mrs. Raskolnikov are not so pleasant to Luzhin in chapter 2?
4. How seriously is Raskelnikov thinking about his unnamed idea?
5. How does Raskolnikov hide his guilt?
6. What does the first chapter say about Raskolnikov's character?
7. What influence do you think Sonia and Porfiry are having on Raskolnikov?
8. In way can the reader sympathize with Raskolnikov?
9. What do you think the horse symbolizes in Raskolnikov's dream?
10. Why do you think Raskolnikov leaves the room so abruptly in chapter three?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)