|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wakes Raskolnikov in the morning?
(a) His house keeper
(b) His landlady
(c) His butler
(d) His wife
2. Whose presence does Luzhin complain about?
3. What is the name of Dunya's fiance?
4. Who else does Raskolnikov kill?
(a) His sister
(c) His landlady
5. Who is Raskolnikov surprised to hear Sonia was friends with?
(a) The old lady
(c) Prince Myskin
Short Answer Questions
1. What Russian city does the story take place?
2. Where does Raskolnikov sleep?
3. Who is the letter from?
4. What does Raskolnikov tell Zamyotov?
5. Why did Raskolnikov leave his family home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Raskolnikov think of his sister's fiance Luzhin?
2. Why do you think Dunya chooses her brother over her fiance Luzhin?
3. What influence do you think Sonia and Porfiry are having on Raskolnikov?
4. Why do you think Dunya and Mrs. Raskolnikov are not so pleasant to Luzhin in chapter 2?
5. In what way does Luzhin's letter put the women in a difficult position?
6. What does the first chapter say about Raskolnikov's character?
7. In what way is Raskolnikov beginning to question himself and his theories?
8. What does Sonia symbolize to Raskolnikov?
9. What do you think it says about Razumikhin that he is so close to guessing the truth of the murder?
10. In what way does Dunya and Mrs. Raskolnikov's new situation aide Razumikhin?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)