|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose funeral is taking place in chapter 1?
(d) Mrs. Marmaladov's
2. Why can Dunya not see Sonia?
(a) He has killed her
(b) She is not home
(c) Svidrigaylov has locked her in her oom
(d) She is with a client
3. What has Svidrigaylov already sent Dunya?
(a) A book
(b) A banana
(c) A letter
4. What has happened to Mrs. Marmaladov?
(a) She has runaway to the Ukraine
(b) She has jumped off a bridge
(c) She has dug up her husband
(d) She has gone mad and disppeared
5. How does Mrs. Marmaladov attempt to show Sonia's innocence?
(a) By asking her if she stole the money
(b) By searching her
(c) By saying she has not left the room
(d) By calling the police
6. Where does Raskolnikov go to when Sonia leaves?
(a) His old room
(b) A bar
(c) Luzhin's apartment
(d) Svidrigaylov's apartment
7. Where does Svidrigaylov go after his meeting with Sonia?
(a) To a bar
(b) To his teenage bride's house
(c) To a brothel
(d) To a restaurant
8. What does Dunya now know?
(a) That her brother is evil
(b) That her brother loves Sonia
(c) That she want to marry Luzhin
(d) The truth about the murder
9. Who does Luzhin point to as his witness?
(d) Mrs. Marmaladov
10. How much money does Sonia return?
(a) 50 rubles
(b) 8 rubles
(c) 1 ruble
(d) 10 rubles
11. Who does Raskolnikov meet back at his old room?
12. What does Raskolnikov do after Mrs. Marmaladov's death?
(a) Wanders aimlessy around the city
(b) Takes drugs
(c) Attends church every sunday
(d) Moves in with Sonia
13. Why does Raskolnikov threaten to kill Svidrigaylov?
(a) He is worried he will go to the police
(b) He is worried he won't give him the money he promised
(c) He is worried he is after Sonia
(d) He is woried he will blackmail Dunya
14. Who does Mrs. Marmaladov give place of honor?
15. How much money does Svidrigaylov give his teenage bride?
(a) 15,000 rubles
(b) 5,000 rubles
(c) 10,000 rubles
(d) 1,000 rubles
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Raskolnikov in this chapter?
2. What is the name of Luzhin's younger roommate?
3. Why does Sonia disappear for a while?
4. What does Profiry say will happen if Raskolnikov confesses?
5. Where does Svidrigaylov go after his meeting with his fiance?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)