|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country does Svidrigaylov say he is going to?
2. What has happened to Mrs. Marmaladov?
(a) She has runaway to the Ukraine
(b) She has dug up her husband
(c) She has gone mad and disppeared
(d) She has jumped off a bridge
3. How old is the girl Svidrigaylov is currently engaged to?
(c) Twenty five
4. Who is the only person Mrs. Marmaladov talks to at the funeral dinner?
(b) Mrs. Raskolnikov
5. Whose funeral is taking place in chapter 1?
(c) Mrs. Marmaladov's
6. What does Luzhin skip the funeral to do?
(a) Count his money
(b) See Dunya
(c) Plan how to go get back at Raskonikov
(d) Grab a pizza
7. What does Raskolnikov do after Mrs. Marmaladov's death?
(a) Moves in with Sonia
(b) Wanders aimlessy around the city
(c) Takes drugs
(d) Attends church every sunday
8. How much money does Sonia return?
(a) 8 rubles
(b) 50 rubles
(c) 10 rubles
(d) 1 ruble
9. Who comes to visit Raskolnikov in his room?
(b) Mrs. Marmaladov
(c) His mother
(d) His sister
10. What does Raskolnikov worry about?
(a) That Porfiry knows everything
(b) That he will contradict himself
(c) That he will sweat under questionning
(d) Porfiry will trick him into a confession
11. Who does Mrs. Marmaladov give place of honor?
12. What does Svidrigaylov prove to Dunya?
(a) That he is in love with her
(b) That he will make a good husband
(c) That he has sorted out his life
(d) That he eavesdropped on her conversation with her brother
13. What does Raskolnikov see Svidrigaylov doing?
(a) Getting into a cab
(b) Entering Sonia's apartment
(c) Talking to a policeman
(d) Giving someone money
14. Where does Svidrigaylov go after his meeting with his fiance?
(a) The port
(b) A hotel
(d) Raskolnikov's house
15. Who never recovered from the shock of Raskolnikov's confession?
(d) His mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Raskolnikev see following him?
2. What does Svidrigaylov give Sonia enough to do?
3. What happens to Raskolnikov when he finally tries to confess to Sonia?
4. Why does Raskolnikov want to visit Sonia?
5. How does Mrs. Marmaladov attempt to show Sonia's innocence?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)