|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Sonia disturbed by Raskolnikev's attitude?
(a) It is rude
(b) It is insincere
(c) It is morbid
(d) It is cheeky
2. What is the name of Luzhin's younger roommate?
3. What does Dunya now know?
(a) That her brother is evil
(b) The truth about the murder
(c) That she want to marry Luzhin
(d) That her brother loves Sonia
4. What does Raskolnikov dream about?
(a) Himself as a child
(b) A world affected by a virus
(c) Murdering his mother
(d) Marrying Sonia
5. Who does Rasknikov visit at the beginning of the chapter?
(b) His mother
6. Who does Profiry say he suspects?
7. Who has followed him to Siberia?
(d) His mother
8. What does Raskolnikov think makes him a failure and a criminal?
(b) His love for life
(c) His weakness
(d) His actions
9. What does Dunya say Raskolnikev's willingness to face suffering is a sign of?
10. What has happened to Mrs. Marmaladov?
(a) She has gone mad and disppeared
(b) She has dug up her husband
(c) She has jumped off a bridge
(d) She has runaway to the Ukraine
11. What happens to Raskolnikov when he finally tries to confess to Sonia?
(a) He is overcome with hatred
(b) He starts to cry
(c) He feels feverish
(d) He starts to froth at the mouth
12. What does Mrs. Marmaladov spend half of Raskolnikov's twenty rubles on?
(a) A new pair of shoes
(b) Her funeral clothes
(c) The funeral dinner
(d) Her husband's coffin
13. What does Luzhin skip the funeral to do?
(a) Count his money
(b) Grab a pizza
(c) Plan how to go get back at Raskonikov
(d) See Dunya
14. Who does Raskolnikev see following him?
15. Where does Raskolnikev go when he sees Sonia?
(a) His apartment
(b) The park
(d) The police station
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Raskolnikev come to visit Sonia?
2. How long has Raskolnikov served so far in prison?
3. Who comes to visit Raskolnikov at the beginning of the chapter?
4. What does Profiry say the murderer regards himself as?
5. What does Raskolnikov see Svidrigaylov doing?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)