|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Svidrigaylov say is his main interest>
2. Why is Sonia disturbed by Raskolnikev's attitude?
(a) It is morbid
(b) It is insincere
(c) It is cheeky
(d) It is rude
3. Whose funeral is taking place in chapter 1?
(c) Mrs. Marmaladov's
4. What country does Svidrigaylov say he is going to?
5. Why does Raskolnikov send Dunya away?
(a) She wants money
(b) She is just moaning
(c) She is shouting at him
(d) He fears she will see the truth
6. What does Svidrigaylov prove to Dunya?
(a) That he eavesdropped on her conversation with her brother
(b) That he will make a good husband
(c) That he has sorted out his life
(d) That he is in love with her
7. What does Raskolnikev remember Sonia telling him?
(a) To bow down and kiss the earth
(b) To give his soul to God
(c) To love himself
(d) To confess
8. Who does Mrs. Marmaladov give place of honor?
9. Who does Profiry say he suspects?
10. What does Luzhin skip the funeral to do?
(a) See Dunya
(b) Plan how to go get back at Raskonikov
(c) Grab a pizza
(d) Count his money
11. What does Sonia try not to do?
(a) Slap Luzhin
(b) Swear at Luzhin
(c) Stare at the cash
(d) Take money from the desk
12. What does Raskolnikov dream about?
(a) Marrying Sonia
(b) Murdering his mother
(c) A world affected by a virus
(d) Himself as a child
13. Who does Rasknikov visit at the beginning of the chapter?
(d) His mother
14. What does Sonia say is God's domain?
(a) Her own life
(b) Life and death
(c) Human relationships
15. How much does Luzhin say Sonia has stolen?
(a) 700 rubles
(b) 100 rubles
(c) 1000 rubles
(d) 80 rubles
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raskolnikov realize when Sonia disappears?
2. How long is Raskolnikov's sentence?
3. Who does Svidrigaylov think about in his hotel room?
4. Why does Raskolnikev not see his act as a crime?
5. Who does Raskolnikov meet back at his old room?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)