|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luzhin tell Sonia he will help her to get?
(a) A husband
(b) A dog
(c) A shop
(d) A government pension
2. What does Luzhin skip the funeral to do?
(a) Count his money
(b) Plan how to go get back at Raskonikov
(c) See Dunya
(d) Grab a pizza
3. What do Sonia and Raskolnikov think love can do to them?
(a) Give them children
(b) Make them respectable
(c) Make them happy
(d) Redeem them
4. Who does Mrs. Marmaladov give place of honor?
5. What does Raskolnikov do after Mrs. Marmaladov's death?
(a) Wanders aimlessy around the city
(b) Moves in with Sonia
(c) Takes drugs
(d) Attends church every sunday
6. What does Mrs Marmaladov find in her daughter's pockets?
(a) A banana skin
(b) A 100 ruble note
(c) A pocket watch
7. For what reason does Porfiry say he has come to see Raskolnikov?
(a) To get him to confess
(b) To arrest him
(c) To tell him a joke
(d) To apologize
8. What did Svidrigaylov's wife permit him to do?
(a) Abuse her
(b) Have affairs with other women
(c) Play soccer
(d) Holiday by himself
9. Who visits Raskolnikov in this chapter?
10. Who does Rasknikov visit at the beginning of the chapter?
(c) His mother
11. What does Raskolnikov worry about?
(a) That he will sweat under questionning
(b) That Porfiry knows everything
(c) That he will contradict himself
(d) Porfiry will trick him into a confession
12. What happens to Raskolnikov when he finally tries to confess to Sonia?
(a) He is overcome with hatred
(b) He starts to cry
(c) He starts to froth at the mouth
(d) He feels feverish
13. Who does Svidrigaylov think about in his hotel room?
14. What reason does Svidrigaylov give for observing Raskolnikov?
15. Why does Raskolnikov want to visit Sonia?
(a) He wants to give her money
(b) He wants to confess the murders
(c) He want to plot to kill Luzhin
(d) He want to ask her to marry him
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raskolnikov realize when Sonia disappears?
2. Who is Svidrigaylov secretly visiting?
3. Why does Raskolnikov send Dunya away?
4. How long has Raskolnikov served so far in prison?
5. Whose funeral is taking place in chapter 1?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)