|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sonia and Raskolnikov think love can do to them?
(a) Make them respectable
(b) Give them children
(c) Redeem them
(d) Make them happy
2. Why does Raskolnikov threaten to kill Svidrigaylov?
(a) He is worried he is after Sonia
(b) He is woried he will blackmail Dunya
(c) He is worried he will go to the police
(d) He is worried he won't give him the money he promised
3. What does Dunya now know?
(a) That her brother loves Sonia
(b) That she want to marry Luzhin
(c) That her brother is evil
(d) The truth about the murder
4. Why does Raskolnikov send Dunya away?
(a) She is shouting at him
(b) She wants money
(c) He fears she will see the truth
(d) She is just moaning
5. Who does Rasknikov visit at the beginning of the chapter?
(b) His mother
6. What has happened to Mrs. Marmaladov?
(a) She has dug up her husband
(b) She has jumped off a bridge
(c) She has gone mad and disppeared
(d) She has runaway to the Ukraine
7. What does Svidrigaylov say is the secret to seduction?
(a) A silver tongue
8. Where does Raskolnikev go when he sees Sonia?
(a) The police station
(b) The park
(c) His apartment
9. Who does Mrs. Marmaladov give place of honor?
10. What has Svidrigaylov already sent Dunya?
(a) A banana
(b) A letter
(d) A book
11. Why does Raskolnikev not see his act as a crime?
(a) Because he was mad
(b) Because the old lady was a bad person
(c) Because he was poor
(d) Because many men have killed in war
12. Who does Svidrigaylov think about in his hotel room?
13. Who is the only person Mrs. Marmaladov talks to at the funeral dinner?
(d) Mrs. Raskolnikov
14. Who does Raskolnikov meet back at his old room?
15. What is Porfiry not satisfied with?
(a) Raskolnikov's alibi
(b) The lack of evidence
(c) Nicolas's confession
(d) The police's official procedure
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Raskolnikov in this chapter?
2. Why is Sonia disturbed by Raskolnikev's attitude?
3. How much money does Sonia return?
4. Who does Dunya marry in St Petersburg?
5. Who does Raskolnikev see following him?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)