|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason does Porfiry say he has come to see Raskolnikov?
(a) To tell him a joke
(b) To apologize
(c) To arrest him
(d) To get him to confess
2. Why can Dunya not see Sonia?
(a) He has killed her
(b) Svidrigaylov has locked her in her oom
(c) She is with a client
(d) She is not home
3. Where does Svidrigaylov go after his meeting with his fiance?
(b) A hotel
(c) The port
(d) Raskolnikov's house
4. Who does Dunya ask to see?
(b) Her mother
5. What does Raskolnikov see Svidrigaylov doing?
(a) Entering Sonia's apartment
(b) Talking to a policeman
(c) Getting into a cab
(d) Giving someone money
6. What does Luzhin tell Sonia he will help her to get?
(a) A dog
(b) A shop
(c) A husband
(d) A government pension
7. Who does Mrs. Marmaladov give place of honor?
8. Who does Svidrigaylov say tried to save him?
(c) Mrs. Raskolnikov
9. How long has Raskolnikov served so far in prison?
(a) One year
(b) Three years
(c) Nine months
(d) A year
10. What reason does Svidrigaylov give for observing Raskolnikov?
11. Who visits Raskolnikov in this chapter?
12. What does Raskolnikov worry about?
(a) Porfiry will trick him into a confession
(b) That he will contradict himself
(c) That he will sweat under questionning
(d) That Porfiry knows everything
13. Who does Luzhin point to as his witness?
(b) Mrs. Marmaladov
14. Who interrupts the funeral dinner?
(a) The police
15. How much longer does Raskolnikov have to serve of his prison sentence?
(a) Five years
(b) Ten years
(c) Six years
(d) Seven years
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Luzhin's younger roommate?
2. Why does Raskolnikov threaten to kill Svidrigaylov?
3. What does Dunya say Raskolnikev's willingness to face suffering is a sign of?
4. Who comes to visit Raskolnikov in his room?
5. How long is Raskolnikov's sentence?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)