|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Luzhin ask to meet
(d) Mrs. Raskolnikov
2. Why has Sonia waited for Raskolnikev the whole day?
(a) She knows he will confess
(b) She wants to runaway with him
(c) She loves him
(d) She thinks he is in danger of killing himself
3. What does Raskolnikov dream about?
(a) Murdering his mother
(b) Himself as a child
(c) Marrying Sonia
(d) A world affected by a virus
4. Who does Svidrigaylov say tried to save him?
(a) Mrs. Raskolnikov
5. Why does Raskolnikov threaten to kill Svidrigaylov?
(a) He is worried he won't give him the money he promised
(b) He is woried he will blackmail Dunya
(c) He is worried he will go to the police
(d) He is worried he is after Sonia
6. Who does Mrs. Marmaladov give place of honor?
7. Who did Mrs. Marmaladov expect to be at the funeral?
(a) The Russian president
(b) Mr. Marmaladov's brother
(c) A prince
(d) Most of the important residents of her building
8. Why does Raskolnikov send Dunya away?
(a) She is just moaning
(b) She wants money
(c) She is shouting at him
(d) He fears she will see the truth
9. What happens when Raskolnikov looks into Sonia's eyes?
(a) He tries to kill her
(b) He feels close to her again
(c) He sees the devil
(d) He asks her to marry him
10. What does Raskolnikov think makes him a failure and a criminal?
(a) His actions
(b) His weakness
(d) His love for life
11. What reason does Svidrigaylov give for observing Raskolnikov?
12. How does Svidrigaylov say he flattered Dunya?
(a) By letting her think she had the power to change him
(b) By telling her she was beautiful
(c) By buying her gifts
(d) By taking her to fancy restaurants
13. Who has followed him to Siberia?
(a) His mother
14. Who interrupts the funeral dinner?
(d) The police
15. What does Svidrigaylov fear?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raskolnikov realize when Sonia disappears?
2. How old is the girl Svidrigaylov is currently engaged to?
3. Whose heart does Razumikhin say Raskolnikov has broken?
4. What does Luzhin skip the funeral to do?
5. How does Mrs. Marmaladov attempt to show Sonia's innocence?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)