|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Raskolnikov spot in a restaurant?
(a) His mother
2. How much does Luzhin say Sonia has stolen?
(a) 1000 rubles
(b) 100 rubles
(c) 80 rubles
(d) 700 rubles
3. Who does Raskolnikev see following him?
4. What does Raskolnikov see Svidrigaylov doing?
(a) Entering Sonia's apartment
(b) Giving someone money
(c) Getting into a cab
(d) Talking to a policeman
5. Why has Sonia waited for Raskolnikev the whole day?
(a) She loves him
(b) She knows he will confess
(c) She thinks he is in danger of killing himself
(d) She wants to runaway with him
6. How much money does Svidrigaylov give his teenage bride?
(a) 15,000 rubles
(b) 1,000 rubles
(c) 10,000 rubles
(d) 5,000 rubles
7. Where does Raskolnikev go when he sees Sonia?
(b) His apartment
(c) The police station
(d) The park
8. What does Profiry say will happen if Raskolnikov confesses?
(a) He will get a reduced sentence
(b) He will be asked to leave the country
(c) He will be seen as the victim
(d) He will be executed
9. Who comes to visit Raskolnikov in his room?
(a) Mrs. Marmaladov
(b) His sister
(d) His mother
10. Who does Raskolnikov meet back at his old room?
11. What is Mrs. Marmaladov forcing her children to do?
(a) Take off their clothes
(b) To do press ups
(c) To build a boat
(d) Beg and dance in the street
12. Who does Svidrigaylov say tried to save him?
(c) Mrs. Raskolnikov
13. How long has Raskolnikov served so far in prison?
(a) Nine months
(b) A year
(c) One year
(d) Three years
14. Who comes to visit Raskolnikov at the beginning of the chapter?
15. Who does Mrs. Marmaladov give place of honor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Svidrigaylov give for observing Raskolnikov?
2. Why can Dunya not see Sonia?
3. What does Sonia say is God's domain?
4. What does Svidrigaylov prove to Dunya?
5. What does Raskolnikev remember Sonia telling him?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)