|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Raskolnikev not see his act as a crime?
(a) Because he was mad
(b) Because many men have killed in war
(c) Because he was poor
(d) Because the old lady was a bad person
2. What does Raskolnikov think makes him a failure and a criminal?
(a) His love for life
(b) His weakness
(d) His actions
3. Why can Dunya not see Sonia?
(a) He has killed her
(b) She is not home
(c) She is with a client
(d) Svidrigaylov has locked her in her oom
4. How old is the girl Svidrigaylov is currently engaged to?
(b) Twenty five
5. What does Raskolnikov ask his mother?
(a) If she will always love him
(b) If she kill him
(c) If she will help him escape to America
(d) If she will confess for him
6. What does Profiry say the murderer regards himself as?
(a) A legendary lover
(c) An honest man
(d) The devil incarnate
7. Who does Raskolnikov meet back at his old room?
8. What kind of guests turn up at the funeral?
(b) Lonely people
(c) Slovenly neighbors
9. What does Raskolnikov realize when Sonia disappears?
(a) He is a fool
(b) He loves her
(c) He hates her
(d) He needs security
10. When does Raskolnikev come to visit Sonia?
(a) At teatime
(b) At sunset
11. What does Sonia try not to do?
(a) Swear at Luzhin
(b) Take money from the desk
(c) Stare at the cash
(d) Slap Luzhin
12. Where does Raskolnikov go to when Sonia leaves?
(a) Svidrigaylov's apartment
(b) A bar
(c) His old room
(d) Luzhin's apartment
13. Who did Mrs. Marmaladov expect to be at the funeral?
(a) Most of the important residents of her building
(b) A prince
(c) Mr. Marmaladov's brother
(d) The Russian president
14. What information does Svidrigaylov share with Raskolnikov?
(a) Details about his marriage
(b) Details about how to cook goulash
(c) Details about Dunya
(d) Details about his apartment
15. Who does Profiry say he suspects?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much longer does Raskolnikov have to serve of his prison sentence?
2. For what reason does Porfiry say he has come to see Raskolnikov?
3. Who does Dunya marry in St Petersburg?
4. What does Luzhin tell Sonia he will help her to get?
5. Why has Sonia waited for Raskolnikev the whole day?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)