|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to visit Raskolnikov in his room?
(a) His sister
(c) Mrs. Marmaladov
(d) His mother
2. What does Dunya say Raskolnikev's willingness to face suffering is a sign of?
3. What does Svidrigaylov fear?
4. What does Raskolnikov see Svidrigaylov doing?
(a) Giving someone money
(b) Talking to a policeman
(c) Getting into a cab
(d) Entering Sonia's apartment
5. Why can Dunya not see Sonia?
(a) She is not home
(b) She is with a client
(c) Svidrigaylov has locked her in her oom
(d) He has killed her
6. Who does Raskolnikev see following him?
7. What does Profiry say will happen if Raskolnikov confesses?
(a) He will be executed
(b) He will be seen as the victim
(c) He will get a reduced sentence
(d) He will be asked to leave the country
8. Why does Raskolnikov send Dunya away?
(a) She is shouting at him
(b) He fears she will see the truth
(c) She is just moaning
(d) She wants money
9. Who does Profiry say he suspects?
10. How much longer does Raskolnikov have to serve of his prison sentence?
(a) Six years
(b) Five years
(c) Ten years
(d) Seven years
11. Who does Raskolnikov meet back at his old room?
12. What reason does Svidrigaylov give for observing Raskolnikov?
13. What does Raskolnikov dream about?
(a) A world affected by a virus
(b) Murdering his mother
(c) Himself as a child
(d) Marrying Sonia
14. What do Sonia and Raskolnikov think love can do to them?
(a) Make them respectable
(b) Give them children
(c) Redeem them
(d) Make them happy
15. How much money does Sonia return?
(a) 50 rubles
(b) 10 rubles
(c) 8 rubles
(d) 1 ruble
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sonia disappear for a while?
2. Where does Svidrigaylov go after his meeting with his fiance?
3. What does Luzhin skip the funeral to do?
4. What kind of guests turn up at the funeral?
5. What does Raskolnikov do after Mrs. Marmaladov's death?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)