|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sonia try not to do?
(a) Stare at the cash
(b) Slap Luzhin
(c) Take money from the desk
(d) Swear at Luzhin
2. How much money does Svidrigaylov give his teenage bride?
(a) 15,000 rubles
(b) 1,000 rubles
(c) 10,000 rubles
(d) 5,000 rubles
3. Who does Razumikin say he discusses the murder with?
4. Why can Dunya not see Sonia?
(a) Svidrigaylov has locked her in her oom
(b) He has killed her
(c) She is not home
(d) She is with a client
5. For what reason does Porfiry say he has come to see Raskolnikov?
(a) To tell him a joke
(b) To get him to confess
(c) To apologize
(d) To arrest him
6. What is Mrs. Marmaladov forcing her children to do?
(a) Beg and dance in the street
(b) To do press ups
(c) Take off their clothes
(d) To build a boat
7. What does Svidrigaylov say is the secret to seduction?
(a) A silver tongue
8. What information does Svidrigaylov share with Raskolnikov?
(a) Details about Dunya
(b) Details about his apartment
(c) Details about his marriage
(d) Details about how to cook goulash
9. Whose funeral is taking place in chapter 1?
(d) Mrs. Marmaladov's
10. What has Svidrigaylov already sent Dunya?
(a) A letter
(c) A banana
(d) A book
11. Who does Svidrigaylov say tried to save him?
(a) Mrs. Raskolnikov
12. Who does Luzhin ask to meet
(d) Mrs. Raskolnikov
13. Who did Mrs. Marmaladov expect to be at the funeral?
(a) Most of the important residents of her building
(b) The Russian president
(c) A prince
(d) Mr. Marmaladov's brother
14. What does Mrs Marmaladov find in her daughter's pockets?
(a) A 100 ruble note
(c) A banana skin
(d) A pocket watch
15. Who comes to visit Raskolnikov at the beginning of the chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Marmaladov give place of honor?
2. What does Raskolnikov ask his mother?
3. What does Luzhin tell Sonia he will help her to get?
4. Who does Profiry say he suspects?
5. Who has followed him to Siberia?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)