|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Raskolnikov when he finally tries to confess to Sonia?
(a) He is overcome with hatred
(b) He feels feverish
(c) He starts to cry
(d) He starts to froth at the mouth
2. What does Svidrigaylov say is his main interest>
3. Whose funeral is taking place in chapter 1?
(a) Mrs. Marmaladov's
4. Who does Raskolnikev see following him?
5. What kind of guests turn up at the funeral?
(b) Slovenly neighbors
(d) Lonely people
6. Where does Svidrigaylov go after his meeting with his fiance?
(a) A hotel
(b) The port
(c) Raskolnikov's house
7. What does Raskolnikov think makes him a failure and a criminal?
(a) His actions
(c) His love for life
(d) His weakness
8. What does Svidrigaylov prove to Dunya?
(a) That he eavesdropped on her conversation with her brother
(b) That he will make a good husband
(c) That he has sorted out his life
(d) That he is in love with her
9. Who does Profiry say he suspects?
10. What has happened to Mrs. Marmaladov?
(a) She has jumped off a bridge
(b) She has dug up her husband
(c) She has gone mad and disppeared
(d) She has runaway to the Ukraine
11. What does Profiry say the murderer regards himself as?
(a) An honest man
(b) The devil incarnate
(d) A legendary lover
12. Who does Rasknikov visit at the beginning of the chapter?
(c) His mother
13. Where does Raskolnikev go when he sees Sonia?
(b) The park
(c) The police station
(d) His apartment
14. How does Mrs. Marmaladov attempt to show Sonia's innocence?
(a) By searching her
(b) By saying she has not left the room
(c) By calling the police
(d) By asking her if she stole the money
15. Why is Sonia disturbed by Raskolnikev's attitude?
(a) It is cheeky
(b) It is rude
(c) It is insincere
(d) It is morbid
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Raskolnikov's sentence?
2. Who never recovered from the shock of Raskolnikov's confession?
3. What has Svidrigaylov already sent Dunya?
4. What country does Svidrigaylov say he is going to?
5. What does Raskolnikov ask his mother?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)