|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Marmaladov forcing her children to do?
(a) Take off their clothes
(b) Beg and dance in the street
(c) To do press ups
(d) To build a boat
2. How does Mrs. Marmaladov attempt to show Sonia's innocence?
(a) By saying she has not left the room
(b) By asking her if she stole the money
(c) By calling the police
(d) By searching her
3. What does Svidrigaylov say is his main interest>
4. What happens to Raskolnikov when he finally tries to confess to Sonia?
(a) He starts to froth at the mouth
(b) He is overcome with hatred
(c) He feels feverish
(d) He starts to cry
5. Who does Luzhin ask to meet
(a) Mrs. Raskolnikov
6. What does Raskolnikov realize when Sonia disappears?
(a) He hates her
(b) He loves her
(c) He is a fool
(d) He needs security
7. What does Raskolnikov think makes him a failure and a criminal?
(a) His love for life
(b) His weakness
(d) His actions
8. Why does Raskolnikev not see his act as a crime?
(a) Because he was mad
(b) Because many men have killed in war
(c) Because the old lady was a bad person
(d) Because he was poor
9. Who does Raskolnikov think is the only person who has the courage to accept him?
(b) His mother
10. Who does Dunya marry in St Petersburg?
(d) Prince Myskin
11. Who visits Raskolnikov in this chapter?
12. What does Profiry say the murderer regards himself as?
(a) A legendary lover
(b) The devil incarnate
(d) An honest man
13. Who comes to visit Raskolnikov in his room?
(a) His mother
(c) His sister
(d) Mrs. Marmaladov
14. What does Raskolnikov ask his mother?
(a) If she will help him escape to America
(b) If she will confess for him
(c) If she kill him
(d) If she will always love him
15. Who is the only person Mrs. Marmaladov talks to at the funeral dinner?
(c) Mrs. Raskolnikov
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raskolnikev remember Sonia telling him?
2. Why has Sonia waited for Raskolnikev the whole day?
3. Who does Svidrigaylov think about in his hotel room?
4. How old is the girl Svidrigaylov is currently engaged to?
5. What happens when Raskolnikov looks into Sonia's eyes?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)