|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Sonia return?
(a) 1 ruble
(b) 10 rubles
(c) 50 rubles
(d) 8 rubles
2. What does Svidrigaylov say is his main interest>
3. Why does Sonia disappear for a while?
(a) She falls sick
(b) She meets a new man
(c) She has to go back home
(d) She wants time on her own
4. How much longer does Raskolnikov have to serve of his prison sentence?
(a) Six years
(b) Seven years
(c) Five years
(d) Ten years
5. How old is the girl Svidrigaylov is currently engaged to?
(a) Twenty five
6. Where does Svidrigaylov go after his meeting with Sonia?
(a) To a brothel
(b) To a restaurant
(c) To his teenage bride's house
(d) To a bar
7. What does Raskolnikov think makes him a failure and a criminal?
(b) His love for life
(c) His actions
(d) His weakness
8. How does Mrs. Marmaladov treat her guests?
(a) With love and respect
(b) Like she does not know them
(c) Like they are not there
(d) With vicious criticisms
9. Who does Mrs. Marmaladov give place of honor?
10. What does Svidrigaylov give Sonia enough to do?
(a) To look after her family
(b) To buy a house
(c) To retire
(d) Follow Raskolnikov to Siberia
11. Where does Svidrigaylov go after his meeting with his fiance?
(b) Raskolnikov's house
(c) A hotel
(d) The port
12. What does Luzhin tell Sonia he will help her to get?
(a) A government pension
(b) A dog
(c) A shop
(d) A husband
13. Where does Raskolnikov go to when Sonia leaves?
(a) Svidrigaylov's apartment
(b) His old room
(c) Luzhin's apartment
(d) A bar
14. What information does Svidrigaylov share with Raskolnikov?
(a) Details about his apartment
(b) Details about Dunya
(c) Details about his marriage
(d) Details about how to cook goulash
15. Why has Sonia waited for Raskolnikev the whole day?
(a) She wants to runaway with him
(b) She knows he will confess
(c) She loves him
(d) She thinks he is in danger of killing himself
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to visit Raskolnikov in his room?
2. Whose heart does Razumikhin say Raskolnikov has broken?
3. What does Profiry say the murderer regards himself as?
4. Who does Svidrigaylov think about in his hotel room?
5. Who interrupts the funeral dinner?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)