|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time does Luzhin request a meeting?
(a) 12 pm
(b) 10 pm
(c) 8 pm
(d) 7 am
2. What does Porfiry say a murderer cannot run away from?
(a) The police
(b) His mother
(c) His mind
(d) The media
3. What does Raskolnikov drink before he falls asleep?
4. Who does Raskolnikov visit at the beginning of chapter 4?
5. Who does Raskolnikov owe money to?
(a) His landlady
(b) The government
(c) His mother
(d) Loan sharks
6. What does Raskolnikov pawn?
(a) His gold chain
(b) His clothes
(c) His father's silver watch
(d) His university books
7. What is the name of Dunya's fiance?
8. Why does Raskolnikov enter the bar?
(a) To find a woman
(b) To read the newspapers
(c) To get drunk
(d) To ask directions
9. What does Nicolas confess to?
(a) The distortion of facts
(b) Falling in love with Dunya
(c) Stealing Raskolnikov's family heirlooms
(d) The murder
10. Whose presence does Luzhin complain about?
11. Who does Sonia think will take care of her and her family?
(a) The church
(b) The government
12. What Russian city does the story take place?
(b) St. Petersburg
13. What details does Porfiry mention about Raskolnikov's recent behavior?
(a) The money Svidrigaylov has given him
(b) His visit to the crime scene and various private conversations
(c) His dislike of Luzhin
(d) His arguments with Dunya
14. What is Zamyotov's position in the police force?
(a) Police constable
(b) Police inspector
(c) Chief police clerk
(d) Super intendent
15. How much money does Raskolnikov say Svidrigaylov has offered Dunya?
(a) 5,000 rubles
(b) 10,000 rubles
(c) 3000 rubles
(d) 100 rubles
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is waiting for Raskolnikov when he wakes up?
2. How did Svidrigaylov's wife die?
3. What did Lisaveta and Sonia used to do together?
4. Who has been charged with the murders?
5. Who does Raskolnikov set out to find at the beginning of chapter five?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)