|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sonia think will take care of her and her family?
(c) The church
(d) The government
2. Who does Luzhin say gave him the information about Svidrigaylov?
(a) The police
(b) A fellow lawyer
(c) The Russian mafia
(d) Svidrigaylov's family
3. What does Raskolnikov find around the women's neck?
(a) A gold chain
(b) A small photograph of himself
(c) A key
(d) A tattoo
4. Why did Raskolnikov leave his family home?
(a) To find a job
(b) To go to university
(c) To get away from his father
(d) To escape loan sharks
5. What Raskolnikov do on his return from the police station?
(a) Loads his gun
(c) Destroys the evidence
(d) Buys a ticket to England
6. What Russian city does the story take place?
(c) St. Petersburg
7. What time does Lisaveta say she will return to the market?
(a) 7 pm
(b) 7 am
(c) 12 pm
(d) 8 am
8. What does Raskolnikov want to recover from the old woman's house?
(a) His axe
(b) His money
(c) His shoes
(d) His family heirlooms
9. What does Nicolas confess to?
(a) The distortion of facts
(b) The murder
(c) Stealing Raskolnikov's family heirlooms
(d) Falling in love with Dunya
10. Who does Raskolnikov ask to look after his mother and sister?
11. Who does Raskolniov see at the door?
(b) The craftsman
(c) His mother
12. How long is it since Raskolnikov last saw his mother and sister?
(a) One year
(b) Three years
(c) Ten years
(d) Two months
13. Who does the old lady want to leave her money to when she dies?
(a) A monastry
(b) Her half sister
(c) The university
(d) Her son
14. What kind of job does Nicolas have?
(d) House painter
15. What details does Porfiry mention about Raskolnikov's recent behavior?
(a) The money Svidrigaylov has given him
(b) His arguments with Dunya
(c) His visit to the crime scene and various private conversations
(d) His dislike of Luzhin
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Svidrigaylov's wife die?
2. Who is waiting for Raskolnikov when he wakes up?
3. What is the name of Dunya's fiance?
4. Who does Raskolnikov go to see the next morning?
5. Who wakes Raskolnikov in the morning?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)