|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the man that follows Sonia wait for her?
(a) Outside her apartment
(b) At the old lady's house
(c) Outside Raskolnikov's building
(d) Outside the police station
2. Who does Raskolnikov set out to find at the beginning of chapter five?
(d) The old lady
3. Who does Luzhin say gave him the information about Svidrigaylov?
(a) The Russian mafia
(b) A fellow lawyer
(c) The police
(d) Svidrigaylov's family
4. What kind of job does the old lady have?
(b) Money lending
(c) Palm reader
5. Why does Raskolnikov object to his sister's impending marriage?
(a) She will have to move to the UK
(b) She is too young
(c) She is marrying for financial reasons
(d) She is too beautiful to marry such an ugly man
6. Who is Raskolnikov surprised to hear Sonia was friends with?
(b) Prince Myskin
(d) The old lady
7. Why did Raskolnikov leave his family home?
(a) To escape loan sharks
(b) To get away from his father
(c) To find a job
(d) To go to university
8. Who accompanies Razumikhin and Raskolnikov to see Porfiry?
(c) Raskolnikov's mother
9. What does Raskolnikov drink before he falls asleep?
10. What is the name of the pawnbroker's half sister?
11. What Russian city does the story take place?
(d) St. Petersburg
12. Who has been charged with the murders?
13. What is Razumikhin's profession?
(a) A lawyer
(b) A policeman
(c) A student
(d) A teacher
14. Where does Rakolnikov hide the hidden items?
(a) In the back garden
(b) Under a large stone
(c) In his wardrobe
(d) Under the floorboards
15. What does Nicolas confess to?
(a) Stealing Raskolnikov's family heirlooms
(b) The distortion of facts
(c) The murder
(d) Falling in love with Dunya
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Lisaveta say she will return to the market?
2. Who does Raskolniov see at the door?
3. Who looks after Raskolnikov when he becomes feverish?
4. Why does Raskolnikov enter the bar?
5. What does Svidrigaylov say he marriage was motivated by?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)