|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Raskolnikov find around the women's neck?
(a) A small photograph of himself
(b) A tattoo
(c) A gold chain
(d) A key
2. What does Raskolnikov accuse Dunya of doing?
(a) Not following her true feelings
(b) Selling herself
(c) Being greedy
(d) Laughing at him
3. How much money does Raskolnikov say Svidrigaylov has offered Dunya?
(a) 5,000 rubles
(b) 3000 rubles
(c) 10,000 rubles
(d) 100 rubles
4. Why does Porfiry not follow proper procedure?
(a) Because the suspect is usually too careful
(b) It does not work
(c) It bores him
(d) He does not know what the procedure is
5. Where does the man that follows Sonia wait for her?
(a) Outside her apartment
(b) Outside Raskolnikov's building
(c) At the old lady's house
(d) Outside the police station
6. What does Raskolnikov pawn?
(a) His gold chain
(b) His father's silver watch
(c) His clothes
(d) His university books
7. What do Sonia and Raskolnikov talk about?
(a) Sonia's family and friends
(b) Sonia's job
(c) The murder
8. What does Raskolnikov drink before he falls asleep?
9. How does Raskolnikov hide his fear?
(a) He talks rapidly
(b) He pretends to be angry
(c) He dances
(d) He pretends to be happy
10. What does Raskolnikov kill the old lady with?
(a) A gun
(b) A hatchet
(c) His bare hands
(d) A knife
11. Whose presence does Luzhin complain about?
12. Where does Raskolnikov fall asleep?
(a) By the side of the road
(b) On a park bench
(c) On the grass
(d) In his bed
13. What time does Lisaveta say she will return to the market?
(a) 8 am
(b) 7 pm
(c) 12 pm
(d) 7 am
14. What does Porfiry do when he suspects someone?
(a) He follows them
(b) He does not follow proper procedure
(c) He contacts their mother
(d) He does not leave them alone
15. Who is Raskolnikov surprised to hear Sonia was friends with?
(a) The old lady
(b) Prince Myskin
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has been charged with the murders?
2. What does Raskolnikov want to recover from the old woman's house?
3. What is the name of the doctor that visits Rashkolnikov?
4. Which family does Raskolnikov mention?
5. What does Porfiry question Raskolnikov about?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)