|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rakolnikov hide the hidden items?
(a) Under the floorboards
(b) Under a large stone
(c) In his wardrobe
(d) In the back garden
2. Why does Porfiry not follow proper procedure?
(a) Because the suspect is usually too careful
(b) It bores him
(c) He does not know what the procedure is
(d) It does not work
3. Why did Luzhin want to marry Dunya so much?
(a) To possess a impoverished girl
(b) To have beautiful children
(c) To annoy her brother
(d) Because he loved her
4. What does Porfiry say will give itself away in the end?
(a) Human blood
(b) Human nature
(c) Body language
(d) Finger prints
5. Who does Raskolnikov go to see the next morning?
6. What kind of business does Razumikhin propose to start?
(a) A pawn broker
(b) A money lending business
(c) Language school
(d) Book publishing
7. What Raskolnikov do on his return from the police station?
(a) Buys a ticket to England
(b) Loads his gun
(d) Destroys the evidence
8. Where does Raskolnikov sleep?
(a) In an armchair
(b) On his sofa
(c) On the floor
(d) In his bed
9. Who plans to interview all the pawnbrokers old clients?
10. What does Porfiry say a murderer cannot run away from?
(a) His mother
(b) The police
(c) His mind
(d) The media
11. Why does Luzhin say he wants to marry a poor woman?
(a) She will benefit from his money
(b) Because poor women are more affectionate
(c) Because he was born poor
(d) Because she will be easier to control
12. Where does the man that follows Sonia wait for her?
(a) At the old lady's house
(b) Outside her apartment
(c) Outside the police station
(d) Outside Raskolnikov's building
13. What kind of animal does Raskolnikov dream about?
(a) A sheep
(b) A pig
(c) A cow
(d) A horse
14. What does Raskolnikov ask the workers?
(a) If they are married with children
(b) If they have cleaned up the bloodstains
(c) If they have the time
(d) If they saw the bodies
15. What does Raskolnikov find around the women's neck?
(a) A key
(b) A tattoo
(c) A gold chain
(d) A small photograph of himself
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raskolnikov find in the old women's chest?
2. Where did the craftsmen hear Nicolas's confession?
3. What did Lisaveta and Sonia used to do together?
4. What time does Lisaveta say she will return to the market?
5. Who wakes Raskolnikov in the morning?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)