|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the pawnbroker's half sister?
2. Who else does Raskolnikov kill?
(b) His sister
(c) His landlady
3. Who looks after Raskolnikov when he becomes feverish?
(b) His mother
4. What does Raskolnikov want to recover from the old woman's house?
(a) His shoes
(b) His money
(c) His axe
(d) His family heirlooms
5. How long is it since Raskolnikov last saw his mother and sister?
(a) Two months
(b) Ten years
(c) Three years
(d) One year
6. What does Svidrigaylov say he marriage was motivated by?
(a) A need to climb the social ladder
(b) A need to get out of debt
(d) The need to look after someone
7. Who accompanies Razumikhin and Raskolnikov to see Porfiry?
(d) Raskolnikov's mother
8. Why does Raskolnikov object to his sister's impending marriage?
(a) She is too beautiful to marry such an ugly man
(b) She is marrying for financial reasons
(c) She is too young
(d) She will have to move to the UK
9. Which of the following does Razumikhin say to describe Raskolnikov's present state?
(a) Funny, yet serious
(b) A mad, crazy nut job
(c) As mad as a hatter
(d) Morose, gloomy, proud and stuck up
10. Why does Porfiry not follow proper procedure?
(a) Because the suspect is usually too careful
(b) He does not know what the procedure is
(c) It bores him
(d) It does not work
11. Which of Dunya's traits would of helped Luzhin climb the social ladder?
(a) Her house keeping ability
(b) Her flirtatous nature
(c) Her long legs
(d) Her beauty, character and education
12. Who is Raskolnikov surprised to hear Sonia was friends with?
(a) Prince Myskin
(d) The old lady
13. Who does Raskolnikov set out to find at the beginning of chapter five?
(d) The old lady
14. What Raskolnikov do on his return from the police station?
(a) Destroys the evidence
(b) Buys a ticket to England
(c) Loads his gun
15. What does Raskolnikov's mother compare his room to?
(a) A pig sty
(b) A poppy field
(c) A church
(d) A tomb
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of job does Nicolas have?
2. Whose money is the 3,000 rubles?
3. What is Luzhin's profession?
4. What does Raskolnikov accuse Dunya of doing?
5. What crime does Luzhin link to Svidrigaylov?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)