|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has been charged with the murders?
2. Why does Raskolnikov leave?
(a) He feels ill
(b) He can see he has gained an advantage
(c) He needs to meet someone
(d) He needs a vodka
3. What does Raskolnikov want to tell Sonia?
(a) That he understands her
(b) That he is a murderer
(c) That he wants to die
(d) That he loves her
4. What does Svidrigaylov say he marriage was motivated by?
(a) A need to get out of debt
(c) A need to climb the social ladder
(d) The need to look after someone
5. Why does Luzhin say he wants to marry a poor woman?
(a) She will benefit from his money
(b) Because she will be easier to control
(c) Because poor women are more affectionate
(d) Because he was born poor
6. Who does Sonia think will take care of her and her family?
(a) The church
(c) The government
7. What does the craftsmen call Raskolnikov?
(a) A pig
(b) A thief
(c) A murderer
(d) A sheep
8. What is Zamyotov's position in the police force?
(a) Police inspector
(b) Chief police clerk
(c) Police constable
(d) Super intendent
9. Who else does Raskolnikov kill?
(a) His landlady
(d) His sister
10. Who is the letter from?
(a) His sister
(b) His mother
(c) His university
(d) His landlady
11. Why does Raskolnikov object to his sister's impending marriage?
(a) She is marrying for financial reasons
(b) She is too beautiful to marry such an ugly man
(c) She will have to move to the UK
(d) She is too young
12. What is the name of the doctor that visits Rashkolnikov?
13. What kind of job does Nicolas have?
(b) House painter
14. What do Sonia and Raskolnikov talk about?
(a) Sonia's job
(b) The murder
(d) Sonia's family and friends
15. What does Raskolnikov's mother compare his room to?
(a) A poppy field
(b) A pig sty
(c) A tomb
(d) A church
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Raskolniov see at the door?
2. Who does Raskolnikov visit at the beginning of chapter 4?
3. Why does Porfiry not follow proper procedure?
4. Who does the housekeeper say mended Rakolnikov's shirts?
5. What Raskolnikov do on his return from the police station?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)