|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is waiting for Raskolnikov when he wakes up?
2. What does Raskolnikov find around the women's neck?
(a) A key
(b) A small photograph of himself
(c) A gold chain
(d) A tattoo
3. Whose money is the 3,000 rubles?
(a) The bank's
(b) The government's
(c) Svidrigaylov's deceased wife
4. At what time does Luzhin request a meeting?
(a) 10 pm
(b) 8 pm
(c) 12 pm
(d) 7 am
5. What does Raskolnikov want to tell Sonia?
(a) That he is a murderer
(b) That he wants to die
(c) That he understands her
(d) That he loves her
6. Who does Sonia think will take care of her and her family?
(c) The government
(d) The church
7. What does Raskolnikov accuse Dunya of doing?
(a) Laughing at him
(b) Selling herself
(c) Being greedy
(d) Not following her true feelings
8. What does Raskolnikov pawn?
(a) His clothes
(b) His father's silver watch
(c) His university books
(d) His gold chain
9. Why does Porfiry not follow proper procedure?
(a) Because the suspect is usually too careful
(b) It bores him
(c) It does not work
(d) He does not know what the procedure is
10. What does Raskolnikov present to the old lady to pawn?
(a) His cigarette case
(b) His matress
(c) His bracelet
(d) His cigarette holder
11. What kind of job does Nicolas have?
(c) House painter
12. What does Raskolnikov kill the old lady with?
(a) A knife
(b) A gun
(c) His bare hands
(d) A hatchet
13. What is the name of the doctor that visits Rashkolnikov?
14. Who accompanies Razumikhin and Raskolnikov to see Porfiry?
(c) Raskolnikov's mother
15. What is Sonia's surname?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raskolnikov drink before he falls asleep?
2. Where does the man that follows Sonia wait for her?
3. Which of Dunya's traits would of helped Luzhin climb the social ladder?
4. What is Razumikhin's profession?
5. Why does Luzhin say he wants to marry a poor woman?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)