|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which family does Raskolnikov mention?
(a) The Svidrigaylov family
(b) The Partridge family
(c) The Myskin family
(d) The Rasputin family
2. What does Raskolnikov find in the old women's chest?
(a) Clothes and jewelry
(c) Tins of food
(d) A dead body
3. What does Nicolas confess to?
(a) Stealing Raskolnikov's family heirlooms
(b) Falling in love with Dunya
(c) The distortion of facts
(d) The murder
4. What does Raskolnikov tell Zamyotov?
(a) That he wants to kill himself
(b) That he is lonely
(c) How he committed the murder
(d) That he is a crazed madman
5. What does Porfiry say Nicolas is repeating?
(b) A dream he had
(c) What his accusers said to him
(d) A passage in the bible
6. What Raskolnikov do on his return from the police station?
(b) Loads his gun
(c) Buys a ticket to England
(d) Destroys the evidence
7. What kind of animal does Raskolnikov dream about?
(a) A pig
(b) A cow
(c) A sheep
(d) A horse
8. What does Raskolnikov want to tell Sonia?
(a) That he wants to die
(b) That he understands her
(c) That he is a murderer
(d) That he loves her
9. Who else does Raskolnikov kill?
(b) His landlady
(c) His sister
10. Where does Rakolnikov hide the hidden items?
(a) In his wardrobe
(b) In the back garden
(c) Under the floorboards
(d) Under a large stone
11. Who does Sonia think will take care of her and her family?
(b) The church
(d) The government
12. What kind of job does Nicolas have?
(b) House painter
13. Who enters the room at the beginning of chapter 6?
14. What does the craftsmen call Raskolnikov?
(a) A sheep
(b) A murderer
(c) A pig
(d) A thief
15. What is Sonia's surname?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Raskolnikov sleep?
2. In what month does the story begin?
3. Who does Raskolnikov meet in the bar?
4. Who does Raskolnikov set out to find at the beginning of chapter five?
5. Who is the letter from?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)