|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sonia think will take care of her and her family?
(a) The church
(c) The government
2. What does Nicolas confess to?
(a) Stealing Raskolnikov's family heirlooms
(b) The distortion of facts
(c) Falling in love with Dunya
(d) The murder
3. Which of Dunya's traits would of helped Luzhin climb the social ladder?
(a) Her flirtatous nature
(b) Her beauty, character and education
(c) Her long legs
(d) Her house keeping ability
4. What does Raskolnikov kill the old lady with?
(a) A gun
(b) His bare hands
(c) A knife
(d) A hatchet
5. Who does Raskolnikov say gave him the pawnbrokers address?
(a) His sister
(b) A fellow student
(c) His mother
(d) His landlady
6. How did Svidrigaylov's wife die?
(b) A stroke
(d) The measles
7. What time does Lisaveta say she will return to the market?
(a) 7 am
(b) 7 pm
(c) 12 pm
(d) 8 am
8. Why does Luzhin say he wants to marry a poor woman?
(a) Because she will be easier to control
(b) She will benefit from his money
(c) Because poor women are more affectionate
(d) Because he was born poor
9. Which family does Raskolnikov mention?
(a) The Myskin family
(b) The Rasputin family
(c) The Svidrigaylov family
(d) The Partridge family
10. What does Raskolnikov pawn?
(a) His university books
(b) His clothes
(c) His gold chain
(d) His father's silver watch
11. What does Raskolnikov accuse Dunya of doing?
(a) Laughing at him
(b) Not following her true feelings
(c) Being greedy
(d) Selling herself
12. How does Raskolnikov hide his fear?
(a) He talks rapidly
(b) He dances
(c) He pretends to be angry
(d) He pretends to be happy
13. What does Dunya thinks her brother is doing when he leaves so suddenly?
(a) Being Idiotic
(b) Being Selfish
(c) Being Normal
(d) Being Crazy
14. What Russian city does the story take place?
(b) St. Petersburg
15. Who does Raskolniov see at the door?
(c) The craftsman
(d) His mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Raskolnikov fall asleep?
2. Who accompanies Razumikhin and Raskolnikov to see Porfiry?
3. Who does the old lady want to leave her money to when she dies?
4. What does Porfiry say will give itself away in the end?
5. What does Raskolnikov find around the women's neck?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)