|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Raskolnikov visit at the beginning of chapter 4?
2. How much money does Raskolnikov say Svidrigaylov has offered Dunya?
(a) 100 rubles
(b) 3000 rubles
(c) 10,000 rubles
(d) 5,000 rubles
3. What does Porfiry do when he suspects someone?
(a) He does not follow proper procedure
(b) He follows them
(c) He does not leave them alone
(d) He contacts their mother
4. Why did Raskolnikov leave his family home?
(a) To escape loan sharks
(b) To find a job
(c) To get away from his father
(d) To go to university
5. Where does Raskolnokov go at the end of the first chapter?
(a) A bar
(b) A swimming pool
6. How does Raskolnikov think the police want to trip him up?
(a) By following him
(b) By using pyschologiclly stressful questions
(c) By being overly nice
(d) By making him paranoid
7. What is Zamyotov's position in the police force?
(a) Police inspector
(b) Police constable
(c) Chief police clerk
(d) Super intendent
8. What is Razumikhin's profession?
(a) A policeman
(b) A student
(c) A lawyer
(d) A teacher
9. How did Svidrigaylov's wife die?
(a) The measles
(d) A stroke
10. What Raskolnikov do on his return from the police station?
(b) Buys a ticket to England
(c) Destroys the evidence
(d) Loads his gun
11. What does Raskolnikov drink before he falls asleep?
12. What does Dunya thinks her brother is doing when he leaves so suddenly?
(a) Being Crazy
(b) Being Normal
(c) Being Selfish
(d) Being Idiotic
13. Who does Sonia think will take care of her and her family?
(b) The church
(c) The government
14. Who looks after Raskolnikov when he becomes feverish?
(c) His mother
15. What kind of animal does Raskolnikov dream about?
(a) A cow
(b) A sheep
(c) A pig
(d) A horse
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Raskolnikov leave?
2. Why does Raskolnikov object to his sister's impending marriage?
3. What did Lisaveta and Sonia used to do together?
4. Why does Raskolnikov enter the bar?
5. Whose presence does Luzhin complain about?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)