|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has been charged with the murders?
2. What does Raskolnikov want to tell Sonia?
(a) That he understands her
(b) That he loves her
(c) That he wants to die
(d) That he is a murderer
3. What does Raskolnikov ask the workers?
(a) If they have cleaned up the bloodstains
(b) If they have the time
(c) If they saw the bodies
(d) If they are married with children
4. What does Porfiry do when he suspects someone?
(a) He contacts their mother
(b) He follows them
(c) He does not follow proper procedure
(d) He does not leave them alone
5. What does Raskolnikov find around the women's neck?
(a) A key
(b) A gold chain
(c) A small photograph of himself
(d) A tattoo
6. How did Svidrigaylov's wife die?
(b) The measles
(c) A stroke
7. Whose presence does Luzhin complain about?
8. At what time does Luzhin request a meeting?
(a) 10 pm
(b) 12 pm
(c) 8 pm
(d) 7 am
9. What is Luzhin's profession?
(b) Debt collector
10. Who does the housekeeper say mended Rakolnikov's shirts?
(a) His mother
(d) The pawnbroker
11. What does Raskolnikov kill the old lady with?
(a) A gun
(b) A knife
(c) His bare hands
(d) A hatchet
12. Where did the craftsmen hear Nicolas's confession?
(a) At church
(b) In a bar
(c) At the police station
(d) In a cave
13. Who plans to interview all the pawnbrokers old clients?
14. What is Zamyotov's position in the police force?
(a) Police inspector
(b) Police constable
(c) Super intendent
(d) Chief police clerk
15. Who does Raskolnikov ask to look after his mother and sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose money is the 3,000 rubles?
2. Who is the letter from?
3. Who does Raskolnikov visit at the beginning of chapter 4?
4. Why does Luzhin say he wants to marry a poor woman?
5. Which of Dunya's traits would of helped Luzhin climb the social ladder?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)