|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Raskolnikov set out to find at the beginning of chapter five?
(a) The old lady
2. Why does Raskolnikov enter the bar?
(a) To get drunk
(b) To ask directions
(c) To find a woman
(d) To read the newspapers
3. What does Raskolnikov accuse Dunya of doing?
(a) Selling herself
(b) Not following her true feelings
(c) Laughing at him
(d) Being greedy
4. Why does Raskolnikov object to his sister's impending marriage?
(a) She is marrying for financial reasons
(b) She is too beautiful to marry such an ugly man
(c) She will have to move to the UK
(d) She is too young
5. Whose presence does Luzhin complain about?
6. What time does Lisaveta say she will return to the market?
(a) 7 pm
(b) 7 am
(c) 8 am
(d) 12 pm
7. Who looks after Raskolnikov when he becomes feverish?
(a) His mother
8. What Raskolnikov do on his return from the police station?
(a) Buys a ticket to England
(c) Destroys the evidence
(d) Loads his gun
9. What does Raskolnikov tell Zamyotov?
(a) That he is a crazed madman
(b) That he is lonely
(c) How he committed the murder
(d) That he wants to kill himself
10. Who does the old lady want to leave her money to when she dies?
(a) A monastry
(b) The university
(c) Her half sister
(d) Her son
11. Who is waiting for Raskolnikov when he wakes up?
12. What does Raskolnikov ask his family to do before he leaves?
(a) Love him
(b) Forgive him
(c) Cremate him
(d) Forget him
13. Who does the housekeeper say mended Rakolnikov's shirts?
(c) His mother
(d) The pawnbroker
14. Who accompanies Razumikhin and Raskolnikov to see Porfiry?
(a) Raskolnikov's mother
15. Where did the craftsmen hear Nicolas's confession?
(a) In a bar
(b) At the police station
(c) In a cave
(d) At church
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Raskolnikov meet in the bar?
2. How long is it since Raskolnikov last saw his mother and sister?
3. Who does Raskolnikov go to see the next morning?
4. Who is the letter from?
5. What does Raskolnikov find around the women's neck?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)