|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has been charged with the murders?
2. Whose presence does Luzhin complain about?
3. Who wakes Raskolnikov in the morning?
(a) His house keeper
(b) His landlady
(c) His wife
(d) His butler
4. Why does Raskolnikov leave?
(a) He can see he has gained an advantage
(b) He feels ill
(c) He needs to meet someone
(d) He needs a vodka
5. What is Razumikhin's profession?
(a) A policeman
(b) A lawyer
(c) A student
(d) A teacher
6. Who else does Raskolnikov kill?
(c) His sister
(d) His landlady
7. Where does the man that follows Sonia wait for her?
(a) At the old lady's house
(b) Outside the police station
(c) Outside her apartment
(d) Outside Raskolnikov's building
8. How does Raskolnikov think the police want to trip him up?
(a) By making him paranoid
(b) By using pyschologiclly stressful questions
(c) By being overly nice
(d) By following him
9. What does Svidrigaylov say he marriage was motivated by?
(a) A need to climb the social ladder
(b) The need to look after someone
(c) A need to get out of debt
10. Where did the craftsmen hear Nicolas's confession?
(a) At the police station
(b) In a cave
(c) At church
(d) In a bar
11. What kind of job does Nicolas have?
(a) House painter
12. Where does Raskolnikov visit after his meeting with Zamyotov?
(a) The police station
(b) A brothel
(c) The murder scene
(d) The church
13. Who is the letter from?
(a) His mother
(b) His landlady
(c) His university
(d) His sister
14. What does Raskolnikov drink before he falls asleep?
15. How long is it since Raskolnikov last saw his mother and sister?
(a) One year
(b) Ten years
(c) Two months
(d) Three years
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the craftsmen call Raskolnikov?
2. What does Raskolnikov want to tell Sonia?
3. What is the name of the pawnbroker's half sister?
4. Who does Sonia think will take care of her and her family?
5. Who does the housekeeper say mended Rakolnikov's shirts?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)