|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rakolnikov hide the hidden items?
(a) Under a large stone
(b) In his wardrobe
(c) Under the floorboards
(d) In the back garden
2. Where does Raskolnokov go at the end of the first chapter?
(c) A bar
(d) A swimming pool
3. What did Lisaveta and Sonia used to do together?
(a) Read the bible
(b) Go for long walks
4. Who does Raskolnikov say gave him the pawnbrokers address?
(a) His sister
(b) A fellow student
(c) His mother
(d) His landlady
5. What does Dunya thinks her brother is doing when he leaves so suddenly?
(a) Being Crazy
(b) Being Idiotic
(c) Being Normal
(d) Being Selfish
6. How does Raskolnikov think the police want to trip him up?
(a) By making him paranoid
(b) By being overly nice
(c) By using pyschologiclly stressful questions
(d) By following him
7. What does the craftsmen call Raskolnikov?
(a) A murderer
(b) A sheep
(c) A thief
(d) A pig
8. What does Porfiry say Nicolas is repeating?
(a) What his accusers said to him
(b) A dream he had
(d) A passage in the bible
9. What is Zamyotov's position in the police force?
(a) Police constable
(b) Chief police clerk
(c) Super intendent
(d) Police inspector
10. How did Svidrigaylov's wife die?
(b) A stroke
(d) The measles
11. Who accompanies Razumikhin and Raskolnikov to see Porfiry?
(d) Raskolnikov's mother
12. Why does Raskolnikov object to his sister's impending marriage?
(a) She is too beautiful to marry such an ugly man
(b) She is too young
(c) She is marrying for financial reasons
(d) She will have to move to the UK
13. What time does Lisaveta say she will return to the market?
(a) 12 pm
(b) 8 am
(c) 7 pm
(d) 7 am
14. Who has been charged with the murders?
15. What does Svidrigaylov say he marriage was motivated by?
(a) The need to look after someone
(c) A need to get out of debt
(d) A need to climb the social ladder
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rashnikov dream about?
2. What kind of animal does Raskolnikov dream about?
3. Who looks after Raskolnikov when he becomes feverish?
4. What details does Porfiry mention about Raskolnikov's recent behavior?
5. Why does Luzhin say he wants to marry a poor woman?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)