|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is it since Raskolnikov last saw his mother and sister?
(a) Ten years
(b) Three years
(c) Two months
(d) One year
2. Where does Raskolnikov fall asleep?
(a) In his bed
(b) By the side of the road
(c) On the grass
(d) On a park bench
3. What did Lisaveta and Sonia used to do together?
(a) Read the bible
(c) Go for long walks
4. How does Raskolnikov think the police want to trip him up?
(a) By following him
(b) By using pyschologiclly stressful questions
(c) By being overly nice
(d) By making him paranoid
5. Who does Raskolnikov visit at the beginning of chapter 4?
6. Who does Luzhin say gave him the information about Svidrigaylov?
(a) Svidrigaylov's family
(b) The police
(c) The Russian mafia
(d) A fellow lawyer
7. Who does Sonia think will take care of her and her family?
(b) The government
(d) The church
8. What does Raskolnikov ask the workers?
(a) If they saw the bodies
(b) If they have cleaned up the bloodstains
(c) If they are married with children
(d) If they have the time
9. What is Razumikhin's profession?
(a) A lawyer
(b) A student
(c) A teacher
(d) A policeman
10. What kind of business does Razumikhin propose to start?
(a) A money lending business
(b) Language school
(c) A pawn broker
(d) Book publishing
11. What does Raskolnikov drink before he falls asleep?
12. What does Raskolnikov accuse Dunya of doing?
(a) Not following her true feelings
(b) Laughing at him
(c) Being greedy
(d) Selling herself
13. Who does Raskolnikov go to see the next morning?
14. Why does Raskolnikov enter the bar?
(a) To find a woman
(b) To ask directions
(c) To read the newspapers
(d) To get drunk
15. Who is the letter from?
(a) His landlady
(b) His university
(c) His sister
(d) His mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Razumikhin say to describe Raskolnikov's present state?
2. What does Svidrigaylov say he marriage was motivated by?
3. What does Raskolnikov find around the women's neck?
4. Who is waiting for Raskolnikov when he wakes up?
5. Who is Raskolnikov surprised to hear Sonia was friends with?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)