|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Porfiry not follow proper procedure?
(a) Because the suspect is usually too careful
(b) It bores him
(c) It does not work
(d) He does not know what the procedure is
2. What details does Porfiry mention about Raskolnikov's recent behavior?
(a) His visit to the crime scene and various private conversations
(b) The money Svidrigaylov has given him
(c) His dislike of Luzhin
(d) His arguments with Dunya
3. Who is Raskolnikov surprised to hear Sonia was friends with?
(b) Prince Myskin
(d) The old lady
4. What did Lisaveta and Sonia used to do together?
(c) Go for long walks
(d) Read the bible
5. What does the craftsmen call Raskolnikov?
(a) A pig
(b) A murderer
(c) A thief
(d) A sheep
6. Where does Raskolnikov visit after his meeting with Zamyotov?
(a) The police station
(b) The church
(c) A brothel
(d) The murder scene
7. Who does Raskolnikov owe money to?
(a) The government
(b) Loan sharks
(c) His mother
(d) His landlady
8. What Russian city does the story take place?
(c) St. Petersburg
9. How did Svidrigaylov's wife die?
(a) The measles
(b) A stroke
10. Who does Raskolnikov say gave him the pawnbrokers address?
(a) His sister
(b) A fellow student
(c) His landlady
(d) His mother
11. What is Razumikhin's profession?
(a) A lawyer
(b) A teacher
(c) A student
(d) A policeman
12. What does Porfiry do when he suspects someone?
(a) He follows them
(b) He contacts their mother
(c) He does not leave them alone
(d) He does not follow proper procedure
13. What time does Lisaveta say she will return to the market?
(a) 7 am
(b) 8 am
(c) 7 pm
(d) 12 pm
14. What is Sonia's surname?
15. Who is the letter from?
(a) His mother
(b) His sister
(c) His landlady
(d) His university
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Raskolnikov hide his fear?
2. Why does Raskolnikov object to his sister's impending marriage?
3. Where did the craftsmen hear Nicolas's confession?
4. Who plans to interview all the pawnbrokers old clients?
5. Who does Raskolnikov ask to look after his mother and sister?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)