|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dunya thinks her brother is doing when he leaves so suddenly?
(a) Being Selfish
(b) Being Normal
(c) Being Idiotic
(d) Being Crazy
2. What does Porfiry question Raskolnikov about?
(a) His recent actions
(b) The axe they found in the old woman's apartment
(c) The blood on his shoes
(d) His upbringing
3. Where does Raskolnokov go at the end of the first chapter?
(c) A swimming pool
(d) A bar
4. Who does Raskolnikov ask to look after his mother and sister?
5. What does Raskolnikov drink before he falls asleep?
6. Which of the following does Razumikhin say to describe Raskolnikov's present state?
(a) As mad as a hatter
(b) Morose, gloomy, proud and stuck up
(c) Funny, yet serious
(d) A mad, crazy nut job
7. Where does Raskolnikov fall asleep?
(a) By the side of the road
(b) In his bed
(c) On the grass
(d) On a park bench
8. What does Raskolnikov present to the old lady to pawn?
(a) His cigarette case
(b) His matress
(c) His cigarette holder
(d) His bracelet
9. Who does Raskolnikov owe money to?
(a) Loan sharks
(b) His landlady
(c) His mother
(d) The government
10. What does Raskolnikov want to tell Sonia?
(a) That he is a murderer
(b) That he loves her
(c) That he wants to die
(d) That he understands her
11. What Raskolnikov do on his return from the police station?
(a) Buys a ticket to England
(b) Loads his gun
(c) Destroys the evidence
12. What time does Lisaveta say she will return to the market?
(a) 7 am
(b) 8 am
(c) 7 pm
(d) 12 pm
13. At what time does Luzhin request a meeting?
(a) 7 am
(b) 10 pm
(c) 8 pm
(d) 12 pm
14. In what month does the story begin?
15. What does Raskolnikov pawn?
(a) His clothes
(b) His father's silver watch
(c) His gold chain
(d) His university books
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Zamyotov's position in the police force?
2. What does Raskolnikov find in the old women's chest?
3. Why does Raskolnikov leave?
4. Who is waiting for Raskolnikov when he wakes up?
5. Who does Luzhin say gave him the information about Svidrigaylov?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)