|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Raskolnikov leave his family home?
(a) To get away from his father
(b) To go to university
(c) To find a job
(d) To escape loan sharks
2. What does Porfiry do when he suspects someone?
(a) He follows them
(b) He does not leave them alone
(c) He contacts their mother
(d) He does not follow proper procedure
3. Why does Raskolnikov object to his sister's impending marriage?
(a) She is too beautiful to marry such an ugly man
(b) She is too young
(c) She is marrying for financial reasons
(d) She will have to move to the UK
4. What does Dunya thinks her brother is doing when he leaves so suddenly?
(a) Being Normal
(b) Being Selfish
(c) Being Idiotic
(d) Being Crazy
5. Whose presence does Luzhin complain about?
6. What is the name of the doctor that visits Rashkolnikov?
7. What Raskolnikov do on his return from the police station?
(a) Destroys the evidence
(c) Buys a ticket to England
(d) Loads his gun
8. What does the craftsmen call Raskolnikov?
(a) A thief
(b) A murderer
(c) A sheep
(d) A pig
9. What kind of job does Nicolas have?
(b) House painter
10. What kind of business does Razumikhin propose to start?
(a) Book publishing
(b) A money lending business
(c) Language school
(d) A pawn broker
11. Where did the craftsmen hear Nicolas's confession?
(a) In a bar
(b) At church
(c) At the police station
(d) In a cave
12. Who does Raskolnikov set out to find at the beginning of chapter five?
(c) The old lady
13. In what month does the story begin?
14. Who does Raskolniov see at the door?
(b) The craftsman
(c) His mother
15. What does Raskolnikov want to tell Sonia?
(a) That he wants to die
(b) That he understands her
(c) That he is a murderer
(d) That he loves her
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raskolnikov pawn?
2. Where does Raskolnikov sleep?
3. How much money does Raskolnikov say Svidrigaylov has offered Dunya?
4. Who does Sonia think will take care of her and her family?
5. What crime does Luzhin link to Svidrigaylov?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)