|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Raskolnikov visit at the beginning of chapter 4?
2. At what time does Luzhin request a meeting?
(a) 8 pm
(b) 7 am
(c) 10 pm
(d) 12 pm
3. Who does Sonia think will take care of her and her family?
(a) The government
(d) The church
4. What Russian city does the story take place?
(d) St. Petersburg
5. Who else does Raskolnikov kill?
(c) His landlady
(d) His sister
6. What is the name of Dunya's fiance?
7. What kind of animal does Raskolnikov dream about?
(a) A sheep
(b) A cow
(c) A horse
(d) A pig
8. Who does Raskolnikov go to see the next morning?
9. What kind of business does Razumikhin propose to start?
(a) A money lending business
(b) Book publishing
(c) A pawn broker
(d) Language school
10. Who looks after Raskolnikov when he becomes feverish?
(a) His mother
11. What did Lisaveta and Sonia used to do together?
(c) Go for long walks
(d) Read the bible
12. What does Raskolnikov's mother compare his room to?
(a) A church
(b) A tomb
(c) A pig sty
(d) A poppy field
13. What does Raskolnikov accuse Dunya of doing?
(a) Not following her true feelings
(b) Being greedy
(c) Laughing at him
(d) Selling herself
14. What do Sonia and Raskolnikov talk about?
(a) Sonia's job
(b) The murder
(c) Sonia's family and friends
15. What does Razumikhin have in the cafe?
(a) An orange juice
(b) An omelette
(c) A vodka and pastry
(d) A vodka and sausage
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Raskolnikov leave his family home?
2. Whose presence does Luzhin complain about?
3. What does Raskolnikov pawn?
4. What does Raskolnikov ask the workers?
5. How long is it since Raskolnikov last saw his mother and sister?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)