|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time does Luzhin request a meeting?
(a) 12 pm
(b) 8 pm
(c) 10 pm
(d) 7 am
2. Who does Raskolnikov say gave him the pawnbrokers address?
(a) His mother
(b) A fellow student
(c) His sister
(d) His landlady
3. Why does Raskolnikov object to his sister's impending marriage?
(a) She is too young
(b) She is too beautiful to marry such an ugly man
(c) She is marrying for financial reasons
(d) She will have to move to the UK
4. What does Razumikhin have in the cafe?
(a) A vodka and sausage
(b) An omelette
(c) An orange juice
(d) A vodka and pastry
5. Who else does Raskolnikov kill?
(c) His landlady
(d) His sister
6. Who wakes Raskolnikov in the morning?
(a) His wife
(b) His house keeper
(c) His landlady
(d) His butler
7. What details does Porfiry mention about Raskolnikov's recent behavior?
(a) His visit to the crime scene and various private conversations
(b) The money Svidrigaylov has given him
(c) His dislike of Luzhin
(d) His arguments with Dunya
8. Which family does Raskolnikov mention?
(a) The Rasputin family
(b) The Partridge family
(c) The Svidrigaylov family
(d) The Myskin family
9. What did Lisaveta and Sonia used to do together?
(a) Read the bible
(c) Go for long walks
10. Who has been charged with the murders?
11. Where does Raskolnokov go at the end of the first chapter?
(a) A swimming pool
(b) A bar
12. What does Raskolnikov kill the old lady with?
(a) A knife
(b) A hatchet
(c) A gun
(d) His bare hands
13. What kind of animal does Raskolnikov dream about?
(a) A sheep
(b) A pig
(c) A horse
(d) A cow
14. Where does the man that follows Sonia wait for her?
(a) Outside the police station
(b) Outside Raskolnikov's building
(c) At the old lady's house
(d) Outside her apartment
15. Who does Sonia think will take care of her and her family?
(a) The church
(b) The government
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of job does the old lady have?
2. Who does Raskolnikov set out to find at the beginning of chapter five?
3. Where does Raskolnikov fall asleep?
4. What does Raskolnikov want to recover from the old woman's house?
5. Where does Raskolnikov visit after his meeting with Zamyotov?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)