|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Raskolnikov want to recover from the old woman's house?
(a) His family heirlooms
(b) His shoes
(c) His axe
(d) His money
2. Whose presence does Luzhin complain about?
3. Who accompanies Razumikhin and Raskolnikov to see Porfiry?
(c) Raskolnikov's mother
4. What does Raskolnikov ask his family to do before he leaves?
(a) Love him
(b) Forgive him
(c) Forget him
(d) Cremate him
5. Who has been charged with the murders?
6. Who does Raskolnikov set out to find at the beginning of chapter five?
(c) The old lady
7. Who is Raskolnikov surprised to hear Sonia was friends with?
(a) The old lady
(c) Prince Myskin
8. Who does Raskolnikov meet in the bar?
9. What is the name of the pawnbroker's half sister?
10. Why does Raskolnikov enter the bar?
(a) To find a woman
(b) To read the newspapers
(c) To ask directions
(d) To get drunk
11. Who does Raskolnikov visit at the beginning of chapter 4?
12. What does Raskolnikov find around the women's neck?
(a) A small photograph of himself
(b) A gold chain
(c) A tattoo
(d) A key
13. Who wakes Raskolnikov in the morning?
(a) His butler
(b) His landlady
(c) His wife
(d) His house keeper
14. What time does Lisaveta say she will return to the market?
(a) 12 pm
(b) 8 am
(c) 7 am
(d) 7 pm
15. Where does Raskolnikov sleep?
(a) In his bed
(b) On the floor
(c) In an armchair
(d) On his sofa
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raskolnikov accuse Dunya of doing?
2. Who does the old lady want to leave her money to when she dies?
3. What Raskolnikov do on his return from the police station?
4. Where does Raskolnikov visit after his meeting with Zamyotov?
5. What kind of job does Nicolas have?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)