1. In what month does the story begin?
2. What Russian city does the story take place?
3. Who does Raskolnikov owe money to?
4. What kind of job does the old lady have?
5. What does Raskolnikov pawn?
6. Where does Raskolnokov go at the end of the first chapter?
7. Where does Raskolnikov sleep?
8. Who wakes Raskolnikov in the morning?
9. Who is the letter from?
10. Why does Raskolnikov object to his sister's impending marriage?
This section contains 3,387 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)