|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of job does Nicolas have?
(c) House painter
2. Why does Luzhin say he wants to marry a poor woman?
(a) Because he was born poor
(b) Because she will be easier to control
(c) Because poor women are more affectionate
(d) She will benefit from his money
3. Why does Raskolnikov object to his sister's impending marriage?
(a) She will have to move to the UK
(b) She is too young
(c) She is marrying for financial reasons
(d) She is too beautiful to marry such an ugly man
4. What does Razumikhin have in the cafe?
(a) A vodka and sausage
(b) An omelette
(c) An orange juice
(d) A vodka and pastry
5. Who does Raskolnikov owe money to?
(a) His landlady
(b) The government
(c) His mother
(d) Loan sharks
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Raskolnikov leave his family home?
2. What does Svidrigaylov say he marriage was motivated by?
3. Where does Raskolnokov go at the end of the first chapter?
4. What does Raskolnikov ask the workers?
5. Why does Raskolnikov enter the bar?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)