|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an example of a revision to a manuscript?
2. What genre was once the preeminent genre?
3. Which of the following is not a pleasurable element that Knight describes?
4. What is a consequence of not following an editor's advice?
5. If the writer feels the story is becoming boring, what does Knight believe is necessary?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
According to Knight, how can a writer get ideas? What are some common sources of inspiration for writers, including Knight?
Essay Topic 2
How does Knight describe a short story? What is the difference between a short story and a novel? Why is such a distinction significant?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the work habits that a writer should have, according to Knight. What should a writer do to be successful? What should a writer avoid to be successful?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)