|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the emotions that the author intends to evoke from a reader indirectly?
2. What is the term that means that any writing not relevant should be eliminated?
3. Which of the following is a question Knight suggests the writer must ask about 'who'?
(a) Who is the protagonist?
(b) Who is telling the story?
(c) Who is the story about?
(d) Who is the reader?
4. What is the purpose of reviewing work after it is complete?
(a) Making sure that the idea shines through.
(b) Making sure the story is good.
(c) Finding bits to change.
(d) Finding a way to make the story shorter.
5. How does a writer try to evoke emotions from a reader?
(a) Length of dialogue.
(c) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of resolution does Knight suggest a writer needs to create?
2. What does Knight suggest is straightforward and no-nonsense?
3. What is the storyteller's voice or attitude?
4. Which of the following does background not refer to?
5. After writing a book, how long does Knight suggest that the writer should step away from it?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)