|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Knight, which point of view is the most difficult for a writer to cope with?
2. How does a writer try to evoke emotions from a reader?
(a) Length of dialogue.
(b) All of these.
3. What type of market is subject to cycles and fads?
(a) Commercial fiction.
(b) Commercial non-fiction.
(c) Contemporary fiction.
(d) Western short stories.
4. Which of the following is not a pleasurable element that Knight describes?
(b) Monotonous dialogue.
(c) Vivid images.
(d) Exciting incidents.
5. What question does Knight suggest the writer ask about 'why'?
(a) Why are they doing what they're doing?
(b) Why is the plot significant?
(c) Why is the main character important?
(d) Why is the villain significant?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which point of view does Knight believe to provide the most flexibility?
2. What types of names should characters have?
3. In terms of writing, to what does economy refer?
4. What is the voice a writer uses to tell parts of a story or differences in characters?
5. If a reader already knows information that the writer is repeating, what does it become?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)