|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After stage four, what does the developing writer become?
2. What type of writing style does not require the conscious mind's work?
(c) Short story writing.
3. What does the unconscious mind spawn?
4. What was Tolstoy known for having?
5. What should emerge once a story evolves, according to Knight?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Knight describe as being the most successful type of writer?
2. What would most help a writer develop their writing?
3. When the hero is perfect, what does the story lack?
4. Which of the following does Knight not say a writer must learn to do when writing a story?
5. What are the materials in a story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe writer's block as Knight describes it.
2. What is Knight's final and most important tip?
3. What is mood?
4. What are some of the resources that Knight suggests writers use?
5. What is a story comprised of?
6. What are the advantages of the omniscient viewpoint?
7. What tips does Knight give for naming characters?
8. What does Knight mean when he says that writers need to learn to see?
9. What are the advantages of having a surprise ending?
10. What are some ways for a writer to get inspiration?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)