|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Knight believe is created by interest and energy?
(d) Character development.
2. What is the fourth stage of the developing writer?
(a) Writer becomes enthusiastic.
(b) Writer is discouraged.
(c) Writer corrects weaknesses.
(d) Writer learns from professionals.
3. Which of the following can be used as inspiration?
(a) All of these.
(c) Dreams and journals.
(d) Television, books, and movies.
4. What was the first bad habit that Knight had as a teenager?
(a) He did not know how to create a character.
(b) He would start with one good sentence and not know what to do next.
(c) He would start with a weak sentence.
(d) He would create great stories but weak titles.
5. With which of the following does Knight claim to struggle ?
(a) If it's possible to teach the essence of creativity.
(b) If it's possible to teach the essence of good writing.
(c) If it's possible to teach good reading skills.
(d) If it's possible to teach somebody to write.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Knight say is not a story?
2. What does Knight describe as being the most successful type of writer?
3. What is the result of a story without conflict, according to Knight?
4. According to Knight, what does not work in stories?
5. What is the first stage of a developing writer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the work habits that a writer must have.
2. What types of awkward repetition should writers avoid?
3. What pleasurable elements does Knight insist a story must have?
4. Why is the second person perspective awkward?
5. What is Knight's final and most important tip?
6. What does Knight say that he cannot do for students?
7. What makes good dialogue?
8. What elements are crucial in creating an interesting character?
9. What does Knight say is not a story?
10. What are some of the resources that Knight suggests writers use?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)