|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what field does Knight specialize ?
(a) Short story writing.
(c) Literary devices.
(d) Non-fiction writing.
2. After stage four, what does the developing writer become?
3. What does Knight believe is created by interest and energy?
(c) Character development.
4. What does Knight know he cannot pump into people?
5. What was Knight unable to do as a teenager?
(a) Create settings.
(b) Create conflict.
(c) Finish stories.
(d) Create titles.
6. In what type of courses does the author take part ?
(a) Distance learning.
(b) Grammar and spelling.
(c) Fiction writing.
(d) Article writing.
7. If Knight were able to teach writing effectively, what might it destroy?
(c) Cognitive ability.
8. What is a story comprised of?
9. According to Knight, what does not work in stories?
(d) Introductions and conclusions.
10. Which of the following characteristics does Knight associate with learning to feel?
11. What was the first bad habit that Knight had as a teenager?
(a) He did not know how to create a character.
(b) He would start with one good sentence and not know what to do next.
(c) He would create great stories but weak titles.
(d) He would start with a weak sentence.
12. What does Knight describe as being the force that compels the writer to write a story?
13. Which of the following is an example of learning to see?
(a) Accepting the past.
(b) Remembering dates.
(c) Having knowledge.
(d) Using details.
14. What journey does Knight expect writers to take?
(a) Uncreative to dramatically creative.
(b) Amateur to professonal.
(c) Mediocre to grand.
(d) Fixated to free.
15. What does the unconscious mind require?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the writer's mind, what is the hero usually like?
2. For Knight, which of the following is most useful in developing characters?
3. What was Tolstoy known for having?
4. The writer refers to the unconscious mind as ____________.
5. Which of the following is Kafka known for?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)