|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Idea into Story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Knight, what does not work in stories?
(a) Introductions and conclusions.
2. What does Knight promise to share with the reader?
(b) The ability to create fantastic characters.
(d) The ability to write.
3. What does Knight describe as being a writer's job?
(a) Everything must make sense.
(b) Nothing can be abstract.
(c) Everything must fit and flow.
(d) Nothing can be clear.
4. What can a writer participate in, in order to learn about empathy?
(b) Watching television.
(c) Computer games.
5. What is the fourth stage of the developing writer?
(a) Writer learns from professionals.
(b) Writer corrects weaknesses.
(c) Writer becomes enthusiastic.
(d) Writer is discouraged.
Short Answer Questions
1. With which of the following does Knight claim to struggle ?
2. What are the materials in a story?
3. What does Knight want to let students know about writing?
4. What is the second stage of a developing writer?
5. What type of writing style does not require the conscious mind's work?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)