|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Finishing A Story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After writing a book, how long does Knight suggest that the writer should step away from it?
(a) A few months.
(b) A couple weeks.
(c) A few days.
(d) A year.
2. What type of resolution does Knight suggest a writer needs to create?
3. What is the job of the conscious mind?
(a) Creates empathy.
(b) Delivers information.
(c) Steals ideas from the unconscious mind.
(d) Makes ideas from the unconscious mind sensible.
4. In the writer's mind, what is the hero usually like?
(a) Flawed intensely.
(b) Angry and hostile.
(d) Slow developing.
5. Which of the following is an example of learning to see?
(a) Using details.
(b) Accepting the past.
(c) Having knowledge.
(d) Remembering dates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Knight suggest the writer ask about 'what'?
2. Which of the following genres does Knight suggest is almost extinct?
3. A mass of over-description is referred to as which of the following?
4. What is the fourth stage of the developing writer?
5. What is the first stage of a developing writer?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)