|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Finishing A Story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the term used to describe the opposite of a satisfying resolution by Knight?
2. If the writer is creating a fictional town or building, how does Knight suggest creating integrity?
(a) Surround it with obscure details.
(b) Surround it with fictional places.
(c) Surround it with complex characters.
(d) Surround it with real places.
3. According to Knight, what is the most important element that the ending offers a reader?
(b) Rising action.
4. What genre was once the preeminent genre?
(b) Historical non-fiction.
(d) Literary fiction.
5. What is the second stage of a developing writer?
(a) Story becomes a plot.
(b) Story becomes famous.
(c) Story becomes trivial.
(d) Story becomes insignificant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characteristics does Knight associate with learning to feel?
2. What does the unconscious mind spawn?
3. Through which viewpoint can the writer enter only one character's mind?
4. What point in the book is the easiest for a writer to become "stuck"?
5. Which of the following pronouns refers to the narrator when a story is written in the first person point of view?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)