|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Joel look to see if Miles is hiding?
2. The group that goes to the theater plans to attend the nightclub opening of what man?
3. At Stella's sister's house, where do Joel and Stella go to talk?
4. What phobia does Miles have?
5. What university's sports team is Miles going to watch instead of going to the dinner and theater party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the use of clothes in the story. Cite three instances where clothing is described and explain what you think each outfit symbolizes. Why does the author put so much detail into describing clothing?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the relationship between Miles and Stella. How do you characterize their relationship? What is the driving force in their relationship? Do they seem to love each other?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Joel's skit an important aspect of the story? What does the skit represent? What does the skit tell the reader about Joel? How does it drive the events of the story?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)