|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Stella say Miles phones her when he is jealous that she is out with another man?
2. Stella tells Joel he shares what feature with his mother?
3. What is the name of the woman Miles is having an affair with?
4. Joel begins to think that Stella sending him a telegram is really the idea of whom?
5. What kind of hat does Joel wear to the theater to meet Stella?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Joel's skit an important aspect of the story? What does the skit represent? What does the skit tell the reader about Joel? How does it drive the events of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Joel and Miles. What traits do they have in common? How do they differ? How does the author use Miles to help the reader learn more about Joel?
Essay Topic 3
What role do telegrams play in the story? How are they significant? What purpose do the telegrams serve in the story? Of the three telegrams sent, what is the common bond?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)