|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "You know Miles does odd things sometimes"?
2. Who says, "I have a strange feeling that I'm a sort of pawn in a spite game you're playing against Miles"?
3. What does Stella remind Joel of when she is pacing around telling him about her relationship with Miles?
4. What is the name of the man who Stella says is trying to change Miles' picture?
5. What is the name of the apartment complex where Stella's sister lives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the use of clothes in the story. Cite three instances where clothing is described and explain what you think each outfit symbolizes. Why does the author put so much detail into describing clothing?
Essay Topic 2
Explore Joel's immaturity. Cite three instances where his immaturity is prevalent in the story. What significance does each instance play in the story, and what is the overall significance of this character trait?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of insecurity in the story? How does insecurity drive the plot? Which characters are the most insecure? What is the story saying about insecurity?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)