|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman Miles is having an affair with?
2. What is Miles diagnosed with?
3. How long does Miles say it takes to get his life cleared up?
4. Who says, "That's nonsense"?
5. What color is Stella's outfit in Part Four?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the story's treatment of friendship. Look at Stella's friendship with Eva and Joel's friendship with Nat. How are the friendships alike and how are they different? What is the author saying about friendship?
Essay Topic 2
Why is Joel's skit an important aspect of the story? What does the skit represent? What does the skit tell the reader about Joel? How does it drive the events of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the relationship between Miles and Stella. How do you characterize their relationship? What is the driving force in their relationship? Do they seem to love each other?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)