|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who Stella says is trying to change Miles' picture?
2. How many times does Stella say Miles phones her when he is jealous that she is out with another man?
3. Where does Joel look to see if Miles is hiding?
4. Who says, "I suppose he asked to be remembered to me"?
5. Who is described as "tall, nervous, with a desperate humor"?
Essay Topic 1
Explore the story's title. Why do you think the author calls it Crazy Sunday? Is this a fitting title? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Cite three instances where motherhood plays a role in the story and explain their significance. What do you think the story is saying about motherhood?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of Miles' double standard that he uses for his wife? Why does he think he should be allowed to have an affair but divorces Stella if she is unfaithful? What does this say about gender stereotypes in the story?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)