|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Stella's outfit in Part Four?
2. Who says, "Finally when people begin to come to me, Miles has to admit it"?
3. Stella tells Joel he shares what feature with his mother?
4. What style of suit does Joel wear to dinner at Stella's sister's house?
5. Who says, "You know Miles does odd things sometimes"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the story's treatment of friendship. Look at Stella's friendship with Eva and Joel's friendship with Nat. How are the friendships alike and how are they different? What is the author saying about friendship?
Essay Topic 2
Why is Joel's skit an important aspect of the story? What does the skit represent? What does the skit tell the reader about Joel? How does it drive the events of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Explore the relationship between Stella and Joel. Why does she latch onto him? Do you think she has real feelings for him? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)