Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Miles supposed to be while Joel and Stella are at the theater?
2. What item does Stella's outfit match at her sister's house?
3. What time does Joel wake up at the beginning of Part Three?
4. Where do Stella and Joel go instead of going to the nightclub?
5. How does Miles end his telegram to Stella in Part Four?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Joel and Miles. What traits do they have in common? How do they differ? How does the author use Miles to help the reader learn more about Joel?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the minor character Eva. What is her significance? Why is it important that she never speaks in the story? Given Eva's description--motherly, older, and wiser than Stella--why might Miles be attracted to her?
Essay Topic 3
Explore Joel's immaturity. Cite three instances where his immaturity is prevalent in the story. What significance does each instance play in the story, and what is the overall significance of this character trait?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)