|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "You know Miles does odd things sometimes"?
2. What does Stella remind Joel of when she is pacing around telling him about her relationship with Miles?
3. Where do Stella and Joel go instead of going to the nightclub?
4. How many times does Stella say Miles phones her when he is jealous that she is out with another man?
5. What is Eva's relationship to Stella?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cite three instances where motherhood plays a role in the story and explain their significance. What do you think the story is saying about motherhood?
Essay Topic 2
Why is it important that Joel feels a sense of obligation to Miles? What does it say about Joel? What does it say about Miles? How does Joel try to undermine that sense of obligation?
Essay Topic 3
Explore the role of Nat in the story. What is his purpose? How does he help the reader to learn more about Joel? How is the story different without him?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)