Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Miles supposed to be while Joel and Stella are at the theater?
2. What item does Stella's outfit match at her sister's house?
3. What time does Joel wake up at the beginning of Part Three?
4. Where do Stella and Joel go instead of going to the nightclub?
5. How does Miles end his telegram to Stella in Part Four?
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of insecurity in the story? How does insecurity drive the plot? Which characters are the most insecure? What is the story saying about insecurity?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Joel and Miles. What traits do they have in common? How do they differ? How does the author use Miles to help the reader learn more about Joel?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the use of clothes in the story. Cite three instances where clothing is described and explain what you think each outfit symbolizes. Why does the author put so much detail into describing clothing?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)