Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Miles supposed to be while Joel and Stella are at the theater?
2. What item does Stella's outfit match at her sister's house?
3. What time does Joel wake up at the beginning of Part Three?
4. Where do Stella and Joel go instead of going to the nightclub?
5. How does Miles end his telegram to Stella in Part Four?
Explore the story's use of addictions as a motif. What do Nat and Joel seem to be addicted to? How does each one treat their problem? What does the story seem to be saying about addictions.
What is the significance of insecurity in the story? How does insecurity drive the plot? Which characters are the most insecure? What is the story saying about insecurity?
Why is it significant that Stella refuses to believe Miles is dead? What does her refusal to believe say about her? If she truly loves Miles, why does she keep reaching out to Joel to comfort her?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)