|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Joel look to see if Miles is hiding?
2. Who says, "A story of divorce, the younger generators and the Foreign Legion"?
3. What phobia does Miles have?
4. Where in her house does Stella find a telegram from Miles?
5. How is Eva described in Part Three?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the relationship between Stella and Joel. Why does she latch onto him? Do you think she has real feelings for him? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Explore Joel's love for Stella. Does it seem sincere? What does he love about her? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Look at the relationship between Miles and Stella. How do you characterize their relationship? What is the driving force in their relationship? Do they seem to love each other?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)