|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Stella's outfit match at her sister's house?
2. Where is Miles supposed to be while Joel and Stella are at the theater?
3. Where do Stella and Joel go instead of going to the nightclub?
4. Stella tells Joel he shares what feature with his mother?
5. Who says, "I suppose he asked to be remembered to me"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the story's use of addictions as a motif. What do Nat and Joel seem to be addicted to? How does each one treat their problem? What does the story seem to be saying about addictions.
Essay Topic 2
Explore Joel's immaturity. Cite three instances where his immaturity is prevalent in the story. What significance does each instance play in the story, and what is the overall significance of this character trait?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Joel and Miles. What traits do they have in common? How do they differ? How does the author use Miles to help the reader learn more about Joel?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)