|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "You know Miles does odd things sometimes"?
2. Who says, "Finally when people begin to come to me, Miles has to admit it"?
3. What is the name of Miles' analyst?
4. What color is Stella's outfit in Part Four?
5. How is Eva described in Part Three?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Explore the relationship between Stella and Joel. Why does she latch onto him? Do you think she has real feelings for him? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2What role do telegrams play in the story? How are they significant? What purpose do the telegrams serve in the story? Of the three telegrams sent, what is the common bond?
Essay Topic 3Explore Joel's immaturity. Cite three instances where his immaturity is prevalent in the story. What significance does each instance play in the story, and what is the overall significance of this character trait?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)