|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What entree does Joel have for lunch the day of the dinner at Stella's sister's house?
2. The group that goes to the theater plans to attend the nightclub opening of what man?
3. Who says, "I suppose he asked to be remembered to me"?
4. What sort of trees does Stella and Joel see after leaving the theater?
5. Where is the sweater Stella wears after her sister's party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore Joel's immaturity. Cite three instances where his immaturity is prevalent in the story. What significance does each instance play in the story, and what is the overall significance of this character trait?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the use of clothes in the story. Cite three instances where clothing is described and explain what you think each outfit symbolizes. Why does the author put so much detail into describing clothing?
Essay Topic 3
Why is it significant that Stella refuses to believe Miles is dead? What does her refusal to believe say about her? If she truly loves Miles, why does she keep reaching out to Joel to comfort her?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)