Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Miles supposed to be while Joel and Stella are at the theater?
2. What item does Stella's outfit match at her sister's house?
3. What time does Joel wake up at the beginning of Part Three?
4. Where do Stella and Joel go instead of going to the nightclub?
5. How does Miles end his telegram to Stella in Part Four?
Essay Topic 1
Why is it significant that Stella refuses to believe Miles is dead? What does her refusal to believe say about her? If she truly loves Miles, why does she keep reaching out to Joel to comfort her?
Essay Topic 2
What role do telegrams play in the story? How are they significant? What purpose do the telegrams serve in the story? Of the three telegrams sent, what is the common bond?
Essay Topic 3
Explore the story's use of addictions as a motif. What do Nat and Joel seem to be addicted to? How does each one treat their problem? What does the story seem to be saying about addictions.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)