|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phobia does Miles have?
2. The group that Joel hears shouting in Part Four turns out to be what?
3. How is Eva described in Part Three?
4. Who says, "Finally when people begin to come to me, Miles has to admit it"?
5. What kind of hat does Joel wear to the theater to meet Stella?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Hollywood treated in the story? What does working and living in Hollywood seem to do to people? How is the story different if it is set somewhere else.
Essay Topic 2
Look at the use of clothes in the story. Cite three instances where clothing is described and explain what you think each outfit symbolizes. Why does the author put so much detail into describing clothing?
Essay Topic 3
Explore the story's use of addictions as a motif. What do Nat and Joel seem to be addicted to? How does each one treat their problem? What does the story seem to be saying about addictions.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)