|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "There's no use trying to explain something to Joel in half an hour that I don't understand myself"?
2. What time is it when Part Four ends?
3. How long is Mile's affair going on?
4. What is Eva's relationship to Stella?
5. When Stella and Miles tell the other theater guests that they are not going to the theater, what sort of looks do they get?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the story's treatment of friendship. Look at Stella's friendship with Eva and Joel's friendship with Nat. How are the friendships alike and how are they different? What is the author saying about friendship?
Essay Topic 2
Explore Joel's immaturity. Cite three instances where his immaturity is prevalent in the story. What significance does each instance play in the story, and what is the overall significance of this character trait?
Essay Topic 3
Cite three instances where motherhood plays a role in the story and explain their significance. What do you think the story is saying about motherhood?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)