|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the family that is throwing a dinner and theater party?
2. What phobia does Miles have?
3. Who says, "That's nonsense"?
4. Where has Miles been the afternoon prior to the dinner party at Stella's sister's house?
5. The group that goes to the theater plans to attend the nightclub opening of what man?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore Joel's immaturity. Cite three instances where his immaturity is prevalent in the story. What significance does each instance play in the story, and what is the overall significance of this character trait?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Joel and Miles. What traits do they have in common? How do they differ? How does the author use Miles to help the reader learn more about Joel?
Essay Topic 3
Explore the role of Nat in the story. What is his purpose? How does he help the reader to learn more about Joel? How is the story different without him?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)