|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people are in the group that go to the theater?
2. What style of suit does Joel wear to dinner at Stella's sister's house?
3. Where does Stella go after reading Miles' telegram?
4. The group that Joel hears shouting in Part Four turns out to be what?
5. What color is the coat Stella wears after the party at her sister's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the relationship between Stella and Joel. Why does she latch onto him? Do you think she has real feelings for him? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Explore Joel's immaturity. Cite three instances where his immaturity is prevalent in the story. What significance does each instance play in the story, and what is the overall significance of this character trait?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Joel's skit an important aspect of the story? What does the skit represent? What does the skit tell the reader about Joel? How does it drive the events of the story?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)