|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the theater where Joel meets Stella?
2. How does Miles end his telegram to Stella in Part Four?
3. What is it clear that Stella and Miles are doing prior to arriving at Stella's sister's house?
4. Where do Stella and Joel go instead of going to the nightclub?
5. When Stella steps away after reading the telegram from Miles, Joel wanders over to what object?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore Joel's immaturity. Cite three instances where his immaturity is prevalent in the story. What significance does each instance play in the story, and what is the overall significance of this character trait?
Essay Topic 2
What role do telegrams play in the story? How are they significant? What purpose do the telegrams serve in the story? Of the three telegrams sent, what is the common bond?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Joel's skit an important aspect of the story? What does the skit represent? What does the skit tell the reader about Joel? How does it drive the events of the story?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)