|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What style of suit does Joel wear to dinner at Stella's sister's house?
2. What city does Miles travel to to watch a ballgame?
3. What is the name of the man Stella goes to the theater with in a story she tells Joel?
4. Where is Miles supposed to be while Joel and Stella are at the theater?
5. What is the name of the family that is throwing a dinner and theater party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Joel's skit an important aspect of the story? What does the skit represent? What does the skit tell the reader about Joel? How does it drive the events of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Why is it significant that Stella refuses to believe Miles is dead? What does her refusal to believe say about her? If she truly loves Miles, why does she keep reaching out to Joel to comfort her?
Essay Topic 3
Explore the author's treatment of Stella. Why do you think the reader never learns much about her beyond her appearance?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)