|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phobia does Miles have?
2. Who says, "Finally when people begin to come to me, Miles has to admit it"?
3. Where do Stella and Joel go instead of going to the nightclub?
4. How long does Miles say it takes to get his life cleared up?
5. When does Miles' telegram to Stella say he comes home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of Miles' double standard that he uses for his wife? Why does he think he should be allowed to have an affair but divorces Stella if she is unfaithful? What does this say about gender stereotypes in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Explore the relationship between Stella and Joel. Why does she latch onto him? Do you think she has real feelings for him? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Cite three instances where motherhood plays a role in the story and explain their significance. What do you think the story is saying about motherhood?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)