|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Stella's face described in Part One?
2. According to the invitation from Miles, what time does the tea start?
3. What does Nat tell Joel he hires?
4. Who does Joel wish he can just sit and talk to like a person?
5. Two days after the tea, Joel receives an invitation to an event taking place on what day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reason Miles gives for why he does not see Joel at work?
2. Why does Joel think his career must be moving in the right direction?
3. Describe the letter Joel sends to Miles.
4. How does Miles react when Joel points out his double standard?
5. Why does Stella think Miles might be watching her and Joel?
6. What does Joel promise Stella before he leaves her house at the end of the story?
7. How does Joel feel when he thinks he does not get involved with Stella?
8. At the second Sunday event in the story, what dp Miles and Stella been arguing about?
9. What does Miles' mother say that surprises Joel?
10. How does Nat attempt to make Joel feel better the day after the tea at the Calman house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is it important that Joel feels a sense of obligation to Miles? What does it say about Joel? What does it say about Miles? How does Joel try to undermine that sense of obligation?
Essay Topic 2
Explore the story's treatment of friendship. Look at Stella's friendship with Eva and Joel's friendship with Nat. How are the friendships alike and how are they different? What is the author saying about friendship?
Essay Topic 3
Explore the story's title. Why do you think the author calls it Crazy Sunday? Is this a fitting title? Explain your answer.
This section contains 1,153 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)