|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stella's sister's name?
2. According to the invitation from Miles, what time does the tea end?
3. Who does Joel wish he can just sit and talk to like a person?
4. How much money does Nat tell Joel he loses recently?
5. Who does Joel write a letter to the morning after the tea?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joel do when he realizes he is in love with Stella?
2. How does Stella make Joel feel important?
3. Why does Joel spend the rest of his afternoon at the tea talking to people he does not know?
4. On the day after the tea at the Calman house, what does Joel swear he never does again?
5. What does Stella tell Joel when he asks for the names of her friends?
6. What reason does Stella give for why Miles is not attending the dinner and theater party?
7. At the second Sunday event in the story, what dp Miles and Stella been arguing about?
8. What does Miles' mother say that surprises Joel?
9. How does Nat attempt to make Joel feel better the day after the tea at the Calman house?
10. Describe the letter Stella sends to Joel.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the story's title. Why do you think the author calls it Crazy Sunday? Is this a fitting title? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Explore the author's treatment of Stella. Why do you think the reader never learns much about her beyond her appearance?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Joel's skit an important aspect of the story? What does the skit represent? What does the skit tell the reader about Joel? How does it drive the events of the story?
This section contains 1,145 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)