|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Joel into his coat after he performs his skit?
2. Who laughs during Joel's skit?
3. Two days after the tea, Joel receives an invitation to an event taking place on what day?
4. Who does Joel write a letter to the morning after the tea?
5. Women sitting at a table next to Joel and Nat in Part Two are described as having faces stained with what color?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joel say to Stella about people in Hollywood?
2. Why do party goers look at Stella and Joel curiously when they are chatting at Stella's sister's home?
3. At the beginning of the story, how does Joel feel about Sundays?
4. Why is Joel mortified the morning after the first Sunday he spends at the Calman house?
5. How does Nat attempt to make Joel feel better the day after the tea at the Calman house?
6. How does Stella react after Miles tells her he still loves her?
7. Why does Joel become overcome with bitterness at the end of the story?
8. What is Joel pleased to see when he first arrives at Miles' home?
9. What three things happen at once at the end of Part Four?
10. What does Miles' mother say that surprises Joel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Explore the story's title. Why do you think the author calls it Crazy Sunday? Is this a fitting title? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2Why is Joel's skit an important aspect of the story? What does the skit represent? What does the skit tell the reader about Joel? How does it drive the events of the story?
Essay Topic 3What is the significance of insecurity in the story? How does insecurity drive the plot? Which characters are the most insecure? What is the story saying about insecurity?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)