|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joel's last name?
2. What does Nat tell Joel he has a problem with?
3. Joel is working on a movie based on a play by what author?
4. After being cheered up by Nat's story, what does Joel see that makes him wince?
5. What is Stella's maiden name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Joel feel when he thinks he does not get involved with Stella?
2. Why does Stella refuse to believe that Miles is dead?
3. Why does Stella think Miles might be watching her and Joel?
4. What does Stella tell Joel when he asks for the names of her friends?
5. Why does Joel spend the rest of his afternoon at the tea talking to people he does not know?
6. According to Miles' analyst, what problem does Miles have?
7. How does Miles tell Joel he can obtain more information about his problems?
8. How does Joel come to realize that he fails to impress the crowd with his skit?
9. What story does Stella tell as an example of Miles' jealously?
10. Why does Joel want the names of Stella's doctor or friends?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the relationship between Stella and Joel. Why does she latch onto him? Do you think she has real feelings for him? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Explore the story's title. Why do you think the author calls it Crazy Sunday? Is this a fitting title? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Explore Joel's immaturity. Cite three instances where his immaturity is prevalent in the story. What significance does each instance play in the story, and what is the overall significance of this character trait?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)