|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nat's occupation?
2. In the story Nat tells Joel, why does the Great Lover become angry with the man?
3. How many writers are invited to the first event at Miles' house?
4. Who laughs during Joel's skit?
5. Who puts an alcoholic beverage in Joel's hand at Miles' house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Stella react after Miles tells her he still loves her?
2. What does Joel do when he realizes he is in love with Stella?
3. What does Joel start to feel about Stella when he has a moment alone, after Stella receives a telegram from Miles?
4. Why do not Joel and Stella go to the nightclub after the show?
5. Why does Joel believe people do not show Stella a lot of attention?
6. Why does Joel wish to refrain from drinking at Miles' house?
7. Why does Joel become overcome with bitterness at the end of the story?
8. At the beginning of the story, how does Joel feel about Sundays?
9. Why does Joel spend the rest of his afternoon at the tea talking to people he does not know?
10. Why does Joel call Stella's doctor even though she asks him not to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore Joel's love for Stella. Does it seem sincere? What does he love about her? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Explore the story's title. Why do you think the author calls it Crazy Sunday? Is this a fitting title? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Cite three instances where motherhood plays a role in the story and explain their significance. What do you think the story is saying about motherhood?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)