|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nat tell Joel he has a problem with?
2. Who says, "I am a flop"?
3. Where does Miles live?
4. How much money does Nat tell Joel he loses recently?
5. How is Stella's face described in Part One?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of the story, how does Joel feel about Sundays?
2. Why do party goers look at Stella and Joel curiously when they are chatting at Stella's sister's home?
3. How does Miles react when Joel points out his double standard?
4. How does Joel come to realize he is in love with Stella?
5. Why does Joel start to think that putting on a skit is a bad idea?
6. Describe what Beverly Hills looks like as Joel and Stella walk to her house.
7. What reason does Miles give for why he no longer wants Stella and Joel to discuss the affair at June's house?
8. How does Joel come to realize that he fails to impress the crowd with his skit?
9. On the day after the tea at the Calman house, what does Joel swear he never does again?
10. According to Miles' analyst, what problem does Miles have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the author's treatment of Stella. Why do you think the reader never learns much about her beyond her appearance?
Essay Topic 2
What role do telegrams play in the story? How are they significant? What purpose do the telegrams serve in the story? Of the three telegrams sent, what is the common bond?
Essay Topic 3
Explore the story's title. Why do you think the author calls it Crazy Sunday? Is this a fitting title? Explain your answer.
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)