|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nat tell Joel he hires?
2. Where does Miles live?
3. Where does Joel first meet Stella?
4. How old does Stella tell Joel he looks?
5. What is the name of the character Joel plays during the skit?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nat attempt to make Joel feel better the day after the tea at the Calman house?
2. Why do party goers look at Stella and Joel curiously when they are chatting at Stella's sister's home?
3. How does Joel feel when he thinks he does not get involved with Stella?
4. What is Joel pleased to see when he first arrives at Miles' home?
5. How does Joel come to realize that he fails to impress the crowd with his skit?
6. How does Stella make Joel feel important?
7. How does Stella come to realize Miles still loves her?
8. How does Joel come to realize he is in love with Stella?
9. Why does Joel believe people do not show Stella a lot of attention?
10. How does Stella react when she sees Joel calling her friends?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is it important that Joel feels a sense of obligation to Miles? What does it say about Joel? What does it say about Miles? How does Joel try to undermine that sense of obligation?
Essay Topic 2
Why is it significant that Stella refuses to believe Miles is dead? What does her refusal to believe say about her? If she truly loves Miles, why does she keep reaching out to Joel to comfort her?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Joel's skit an important aspect of the story? What does the skit represent? What does the skit tell the reader about Joel? How does it drive the events of the story?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)