|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the invitation from Miles, what time does the tea end?
2. What role does Joel need filled in the skit at the tea?
3. How many writers are invited to the first event at Miles' house?
4. What does Joel receive an invitation to two days after the tea?
5. Who is the man who performed a song at the tea?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Joel call Stella's doctor even though she asks him not to?
2. Why does Stella refuse to believe that Miles is dead?
3. Why do party goers look at Stella and Joel curiously when they are chatting at Stella's sister's home?
4. Why does Joel think his career must be moving in the right direction?
5. What does Miles' mother say that surprises Joel?
6. Why does Joel begin to feel less obligated to Miles?
7. Why is Joel mortified the morning after the first Sunday he spends at the Calman house?
8. How does Joel feel when he thinks he does not get involved with Stella?
9. Why does Joel become overcome with bitterness at the end of the story?
10. What does Joel contemplate when he wakes after spending the night with Stella?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the story's title. Why do you think the author calls it Crazy Sunday? Is this a fitting title? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Explore Joel's immaturity. Cite three instances where his immaturity is prevalent in the story. What significance does each instance play in the story, and what is the overall significance of this character trait?
Essay Topic 3
Explore the story's use of addictions as a motif. What do Nat and Joel seem to be addicted to? How does each one treat their problem? What does the story seem to be saying about addictions.
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)