|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sends Joel a telegram the morning after the tea?
(a) The Great Lover.
2. How does Nat refer to the Great Lover while telling a story?
(a) Three Piece Suit.
(b) One Trick Pony.
(c) Four Eyes.
(d) Two Face.
3. How old does Stella tell Joel he looks?
4. Nat and Joel eat lunch next to a group from what kind of film?
(a) A western film.
(b) A science fiction film.
(c) A circus film.
(d) A war film.
5. What does Joel have for breakfast the morning after the tea?
(b) Poached eggs.
(c) Cold cereal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Nat pay his new employee a year?
2. How many writers are invited to the first event at Miles' house?
3. Where does Joel live?
4. Where does Joel first decide he wants to have lunch the day after the tea?
5. What does Miles do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Joel think Stella wants him to stay with her after hearing the news about Miles' death?
2. What does Joel start to feel about Stella when he has a moment alone, after Stella receives a telegram from Miles?
3. How does Joel feel when he thinks he does not get involved with Stella?
4. What does Joel tell Stella when she comes downstairs, while alone at her home?
5. What is Joel pleased to see when he first arrives at Miles' home?
6. Why do not Joel and Stella go to the nightclub after the show?
7. Why does Stella become dismayed when a telegram delivery boy comes to her door?
8. Why does Joel believe people do not show Stella a lot of attention?
9. What does Nat say is ironic about his financial situation?
10. What does Joel contemplate when he wakes after spending the night with Stella?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)