|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nat and Joel eat lunch next to a group from what kind of film?
(a) A science fiction film.
(b) A western film.
(c) A war film.
(d) A circus film.
2. How much does Nat pay his new employee a year?
(a) Five thousand dollars.
(b) Twenty thousand dollars.
(c) One thousand dollars.
(d) Ten thousand dollars.
3. Who says, "Thanks for your cooperation"?
4. What does Nat tell Joel he has a problem with?
5. What interrupts Joel and Nat's conversation at the tea?
(a) A game of chrades breaks out.
(b) Miles pulls Nat away.
(c) Stella pulls Joel away.
(d) Live music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends Joel a telegram the morning after the tea?
2. Joel is working on a movie based on a play by what author?
3. Who is the man who performed a song at the tea?
4. Who does Joel write a letter to the morning after the tea?
5. What does Joel's mother do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joel watch to see if Stella does when their conversation is interrupted?
2. What reason does Miles give for why he no longer wants Stella and Joel to discuss the affair at June's house?
3. Why does Joel begin to feel less obligated to Miles?
4. Why does Joel decide to put on a skit at the Calman house?
5. What does Miles' mother say that surprises Joel?
6. What does Stella tell Joel when he asks for the names of her friends?
7. Why does Joel spend the rest of his afternoon at the tea talking to people he does not know?
8. How does Stella make Joel feel important?
9. What does Nat say is ironic about his financial situation?
10. Why does Joel want the names of Stella's doctor or friends?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)