|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "I am a flop"?
2. What does the Great Lover shout at Joel after his skit?
3. Where does Miles live?
(a) Beverly Hills.
(b) Pacific Palisades.
(c) Bel Air.
(d) Holmby Hills.
4. What does Joel say that new mothers need?
(a) Lots of girlfriends.
(b) Time away from their familes.
(c) To go shopping in Paris.
(d) Unqualified devotion.
5. How much money does Nat tell Joel he makes in a year?
(a) Fifty thousand dollars.
(b) One hundred thousand dollars.
(c) Seventy thousand dollars.
(d) Two hundred thousand dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does Joel need filled in the skit at the tea?
2. What does Nat tell Joel he has a problem with?
3. How does Nat refer to the Great Lover while telling a story?
4. How many children do Stella and Miles have?
5. Who does Joel write a letter to the morning after the tea?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Miles give for why he no longer wants Stella and Joel to discuss the affair at June's house?
2. How does Stella react when she sees Joel calling her friends?
3. What does Joel contemplate when he wakes after spending the night with Stella?
4. Why does Stella think Miles might be watching her and Joel?
5. What three things happen at once at the end of Part Four?
6. Describe what Beverly Hills looks like as Joel and Stella walk to her house.
7. Why does Joel think his career must be moving in the right direction?
8. Why does Joel spend the rest of his afternoon at the tea talking to people he does not know?
9. How does Miles react when Joel points out his double standard?
10. On the day after the tea at the Calman house, what does Joel swear he never does again?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)