|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Joel first decide he wants to have lunch the day after the tea?
(a) At his desk.
(b) In the studio restaurant.
(d) At home.
2. What is Nat's occupation?
3. Joel is working on a movie based on a play by what author?
(a) Eugene O'Neill.
(b) Tennessee Williams.
(c) Arthur Miller.
(d) Samuel Beckett.
4. After being cheered up by Nat's story, what does Joel see that makes him wince?
(a) An angry letter from his boss.
(b) Stella and Miles.
(c) His exgirlfriend with her new husband.
(d) A group of people from the tea.
5. Who does Joel ask to help him with the skit at the tea?
(a) Gretta Garbo.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Stella tell Joel he looks?
2. How many children do Stella and Miles have?
3. What is Stella's maiden name?
4. According to the invitation from Miles, what time does the tea end?
5. Who is the only person who thinks Joel's skit is a success?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miles' mother say that surprises Joel?
2. Why does Joel believe people do not show Stella a lot of attention?
3. Why do party goers look at Stella and Joel curiously when they are chatting at Stella's sister's home?
4. What does Joel do when he realizes he is in love with Stella?
5. At the beginning of the story, how does Joel feel about Sundays?
6. What reason does Stella give for why Miles is not attending the dinner and theater party?
7. What story does Stella tell as an example of Miles' jealously?
8. Why does Joel call Stella's doctor even though she asks him not to?
9. What is Joel's skit about?
10. Why does Stella become dismayed when a telegram delivery boy comes to her door?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)