|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nat refer to the Great Lover while telling a story?
(a) Two Face.
(b) One Trick Pony.
(c) Four Eyes.
(d) Three Piece Suit.
2. Nat tells Joel a story about a premiere at what theater?
(a) Pantages Theater.
(b) Hollywood Bowl Theater.
(d) Kodak Theater.
3. Who asks, "What do you mean you're in permanent retirement"?
4. Who does Joel wish he can just sit and talk to like a person?
(c) Greta Garbo.
5. How does Joel feel when he hears the singing at Miles' tea?
Short Answer Questions
1. What interrupts Joel and Nat's conversation at the tea?
2. What does Joel's mother do for a living?
3. What is Joel's last name?
4. What is Miles' last name?
5. Who says, "I am a flop"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Miles die?
2. Why does Joel begin to feel less obligated to Miles?
3. Why does Stella become dismayed when a telegram delivery boy comes to her door?
4. What does Joel contemplate when he wakes after spending the night with Stella?
5. How does Joel come to realize he is in love with Stella?
6. What reason does Stella give for why Miles is not at the theater?
7. How does Stella react when she sees Joel calling her friends?
8. At the second Sunday event in the story, what dp Miles and Stella been arguing about?
9. Why does Joel start to think that putting on a skit is a bad idea?
10. Why does Joel decide to put on a skit at the Calman house?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)