|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joel close the telegram he sends in Part Two?
(a) Love always.
(c) Yours truly.
(d) Yours ever.
2. What color are Joel's eyes?
3. What is Nat's occupation?
4. Who sends Joel a telegram the morning after the tea?
(b) The Great Lover.
5. Who is the only person who thinks Joel's skit is a success?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story Nat tells Joel, what time is it when a man calls the Great Lover on the telephone?
2. Two days after the tea, Joel receives an invitation to an event taking place on what day?
3. What is Joel's last name?
4. What does Joel say that new mothers need?
5. How much money does Nat tell Joel he makes in a year?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the double standard that Joel points out to Miles?
2. Why does Stella become dismayed when a telegram delivery boy comes to her door?
3. Why does Joel believe people do not show Stella a lot of attention?
4. Why does Joel want the names of Stella's doctor or friends?
5. How does Joel come to realize that he fails to impress the crowd with his skit?
6. How do Stella and Joel find out that Miles is dead?
7. What reason does Stella give for why Miles is not at the theater?
8. On the day after the tea at the Calman house, what does Joel swear he never does again?
9. How does Miles react when Joel points out his double standard?
10. Why is Joel mortified the morning after the first Sunday he spends at the Calman house?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)