|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After being cheered up by Nat's story, what does Joel see that makes him wince?
(a) An angry letter from his boss.
(b) Stella and Miles.
(c) A group of people from the tea.
(d) His exgirlfriend with her new husband.
2. Who laughs during Joel's skit?
(b) No one.
3. How old does Stella tell Joel he looks?
4. What role does Joel need filled in the skit at the tea?
5. What does Joel have for breakfast the morning after the tea?
(b) Cold cereal.
(d) Poached eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nat tell Joel he hires?
2. Where does Joel's mother want him to go?
3. Where does Joel first decide he wants to have lunch the day after the tea?
4. What does Joel promise himself he does not do at Miles' house?
5. What does Joel do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the group of actors sitting next to Joel and Nat at lunch.
2. At the beginning of the story, how does Joel feel about Sundays?
3. Why does Joel decide to put on a skit at the Calman house?
4. How does Stella react after Miles tells her he still loves her?
5. Why does Stella think Miles might be watching her and Joel?
6. How does Miles react when Joel points out his double standard?
7. Why does Joel become overcome with bitterness at the end of the story?
8. What does Joel say to Stella about people in Hollywood?
9. Why does Joel want the names of Stella's doctor or friends?
10. Why does Joel call Stella's doctor even though she asks him not to?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)