|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the man who performed a song at the tea?
(a) A friend of Joel's.
(b) A comedian.
(c) A famous radio entertainer.
(d) A struggling songwriter.
2. Women sitting at a table next to Joel and Nat in Part Two are described as having faces stained with what color?
3. What does Joel promise himself he does not do at Miles' house?
4. Who does Joel write a letter to the morning after the tea?
(d) His mother.
5. In the story Nat tells Joel, what time is it when a man calls the Great Lover on the telephone?
(a) Three o'clock.
(b) Eight o'clock.
(c) One o'clock.
(d) Eleven thirty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the skit Joel performs at the tea?
2. Who does Joel wish he can just sit and talk to like a person?
3. With whom does Joel discuss Miles' success?
4. Who says, "Thanks for your cooperation"?
5. Nat cheers Joel up with a story about a man by what name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Stella react when she sees Joel calling her friends?
2. What does Joel say to Stella about new mothers?
3. Describe the letter Stella sends to Joel.
4. What reason does Miles give for why he no longer wants Stella and Joel to discuss the affair at June's house?
5. How does Stella make Joel feel important?
6. Why does Stella become dismayed when a telegram delivery boy comes to her door?
7. How does Miles tell Joel he can obtain more information about his problems?
8. What does Joel do when he realizes he is in love with Stella?
9. Why does Joel want the names of Stella's doctor or friends?
10. What does Joel contemplate when he wakes after spending the night with Stella?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)