|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nat refer to the Great Lover while telling a story?
(a) Four Eyes.
(b) Two Face.
(c) Three Piece Suit.
(d) One Trick Pony.
2. Where does Joel's mother want him to go?
(d) West Point.
3. How much money does Nat tell Joel he makes in a year?
(a) Seventy thousand dollars.
(b) Two hundred thousand dollars.
(c) One hundred thousand dollars.
(d) Fifty thousand dollars.
4. Joel is working on a movie based on a play by what author?
(a) Tennessee Williams.
(b) Samuel Beckett.
(c) Arthur Miller.
(d) Eugene O'Neill.
5. According to the invitation from Miles, what time does the tea end?
Short Answer Questions
1. Women sitting at a table next to Joel and Nat in Part Two are described as having faces stained with what color?
2. What does Joel's mother do for a living?
3. In the story Nat tells Joel, what time is it when a man calls the Great Lover on the telephone?
4. What is Miles' last name?
5. What color are Joel's eyes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Miles tell Joel he can obtain more information about his problems?
2. What does Miles' mother say that surprises Joel?
3. What does Joel tell Stella when she comes downstairs, while alone at her home?
4. On the day after the tea at the Calman house, what does Joel swear he never does again?
5. Why does Joel want the names of Stella's doctor or friends?
6. Describe the group of actors sitting next to Joel and Nat at lunch.
7. At the second Sunday event in the story, what dp Miles and Stella been arguing about?
8. What does Joel watch to see if Stella does when their conversation is interrupted?
9. What is the reason Miles gives for why he does not see Joel at work?
10. How does Miles die?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)