|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joel feel after he finishes his skit?
2. In the story Nat tells Joel, what time is it when a man calls the Great Lover on the telephone?
(a) Three o'clock.
(b) Eleven thirty.
(c) Eight o'clock.
(d) One o'clock.
3. How old does Stella tell Joel he looks?
4. Who says, "I am a flop"?
5. How many children do Stella and Miles have?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joel close the telegram he sends in Part Two?
2. Who writes the skit Joel performs at the tea?
3. How much does Nat pay his new employee a year?
4. Who says, "Thanks for your cooperation"?
5. Who laughs during Joel's skit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Joel spend the rest of his afternoon at the tea talking to people he does not know?
2. What is Joel pleased to see when he first arrives at Miles' home?
3. Describe what Beverly Hills looks like as Joel and Stella walk to her house.
4. At the second Sunday event in the story, what dp Miles and Stella been arguing about?
5. How does Nat attempt to make Joel feel better the day after the tea at the Calman house?
6. Why does Joel believe people do not show Stella a lot of attention?
7. What does Joel do when he realizes he is in love with Stella?
8. What is Joel's skit about?
9. What is the reason Miles gives for why he does not see Joel at work?
10. What does Joel start to feel about Stella when he has a moment alone, after Stella receives a telegram from Miles?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)