|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the skit Joel performs at the tea?
(a) Building It Up.
(b) Down and Out.
(c) Knocking It Down.
(d) Bringing Up Baby.
2. How many writers are invited to the first event at Miles' house?
3. Where does Miles live?
(a) Beverly Hills.
(b) Holmby Hills.
(c) Bel Air.
(d) Pacific Palisades.
4. How does Joel feel after he finishes his skit?
5. How many children do Stella and Miles have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nat's last name?
2. Where does Joel's mother want him to go?
3. How does Nat refer to the Great Lover while telling a story?
4. What is the name of the character Joel plays during the skit?
5. What does the Great Lover shout at Joel after his skit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Beverly Hills looks like as Joel and Stella walk to her house.
2. What does Joel promise Stella before he leaves her house at the end of the story?
3. Why does Stella become dismayed when a telegram delivery boy comes to her door?
4. Why does Joel believe people do not show Stella a lot of attention?
5. What does Joel start to feel about Stella when he has a moment alone, after Stella receives a telegram from Miles?
6. Why does Joel spend the rest of his afternoon at the tea talking to people he does not know?
7. Why does Joel decide to put on a skit at the Calman house?
8. How does Nat attempt to make Joel feel better the day after the tea at the Calman house?
9. Why does Joel start to think that putting on a skit is a bad idea?
10. How does Joel come to realize that he fails to impress the crowd with his skit?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)