|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day is the first event that Miles invites Joel to?
2. What does Nat tell Joel he has a problem with?
3. What does Joel say that new mothers need?
(a) Unqualified devotion.
(b) Lots of girlfriends.
(c) To go shopping in Paris.
(d) Time away from their familes.
4. Who does Joel wish he can just sit and talk to like a person?
(b) Greta Garbo.
5. What role does Joel need filled in the skit at the tea?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the skit Joel performs at the tea?
2. How much does Nat pay his new employee a year?
3. What is Stella's job when she meets Joel?
4. What is Joel's last name?
5. What does Joel promise himself he does not do at Miles' house?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of the story, how does Joel feel about Sundays?
2. How does Stella react when she sees Joel calling her friends?
3. How does Miles tell Joel he can obtain more information about his problems?
4. Why does Stella think Miles might be watching her and Joel?
5. Why does Stella refuse to believe that Miles is dead?
6. Why does Stella kiss Joel?
7. Why does Joel wish to refrain from drinking at Miles' house?
8. How does Joel come to realize he is in love with Stella?
9. Why does Joel believe people do not show Stella a lot of attention?
10. How does Miles die?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)