|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miles do for a living?
2. Who does Joel wish he can just sit and talk to like a person?
(c) Greta Garbo.
3. What does the Great Lover shout at Joel after his skit?
4. Joel is working on a movie based on a play by what author?
(a) Arthur Miller.
(b) Eugene O'Neill.
(c) Samuel Beckett.
(d) Tennessee Williams.
5. What role does Joel need filled in the skit at the tea?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Stella tell Joel he looks?
2. What is Nat's occupation?
3. What does Joel receive an invitation to two days after the tea?
4. Who does Joel ask to help him with the skit at the tea?
5. Who laughs during Joel's skit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Joel think his career must be moving in the right direction?
2. How does Nat attempt to make Joel feel better the day after the tea at the Calman house?
3. Why does Stella refuse to believe that Miles is dead?
4. How does Joel come to realize that he fails to impress the crowd with his skit?
5. What does Joel watch to see if Stella does when their conversation is interrupted?
6. What does Joel start to feel about Stella when he has a moment alone, after Stella receives a telegram from Miles?
7. At the beginning of the story, how does Joel feel about Sundays?
8. What is the double standard that Joel points out to Miles?
9. Why does Joel decide to put on a skit at the Calman house?
10. What reason does Miles give for why he no longer wants Stella and Joel to discuss the affair at June's house?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)