|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sends Joel a telegram the morning after the tea?
(c) The Great Lover.
2. What is Joel's last name?
3. Where does Joel first decide he wants to have lunch the day after the tea?
(b) In the studio restaurant.
(c) At home.
(d) At his desk.
4. Who is the man who performed a song at the tea?
(a) A comedian.
(b) A friend of Joel's.
(c) A struggling songwriter.
(d) A famous radio entertainer.
5. What does Joel have for breakfast the morning after the tea?
(b) Cold cereal.
(d) Poached eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the character Joel plays during the skit?
2. What does Joel's mother do for a living?
3. What does Joel say that new mothers need?
4. What does Nat tell Joel he hires?
5. How much does Nat pay his new employee a year?
Short Essay Questions
1. On the day after the tea at the Calman house, what does Joel swear he never does again?
2. At the second Sunday event in the story, what dp Miles and Stella been arguing about?
3. What does Joel watch to see if Stella does when their conversation is interrupted?
4. Why does Joel begin to feel less obligated to Miles?
5. According to Miles' analyst, what problem does Miles have?
6. What does Joel start to feel about Stella when he has a moment alone, after Stella receives a telegram from Miles?
7. How do Stella and Joel find out that Miles is dead?
8. What is the double standard that Joel points out to Miles?
9. Why do party goers look at Stella and Joel curiously when they are chatting at Stella's sister's home?
10. What is Joel pleased to see when he first arrives at Miles' home?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)