|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nat's last name?
2. What is Stella's maiden name?
3. What is Stella's job when she meets Joel?
(d) Shop clerk.
4. What does Miles do for a living?
5. Who asks, "What do you mean you're in permanent retirement"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Joel first meet Stella?
2. What day is the first event that Miles invites Joel to?
3. What is Nat's occupation?
4. Who writes the skit Joel performs at the tea?
5. What interrupts Joel and Nat's conversation at the tea?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Joel pleased to see when he first arrives at Miles' home?
2. How does Joel come to realize that he fails to impress the crowd with his skit?
3. How does Stella react after Miles tells her he still loves her?
4. Why does Joel think Stella wants him to stay with her after hearing the news about Miles' death?
5. What does Joel say to Stella about new mothers?
6. What is the double standard that Joel points out to Miles?
7. Why does Joel start to think that putting on a skit is a bad idea?
8. How does Joel react to the letter he receives from Stella?
9. What does Joel start to feel about Stella when he has a moment alone, after Stella receives a telegram from Miles?
10. Why do not Joel and Stella go to the nightclub after the show?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)