|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joel feel after he finishes his skit?
2. How many children do Stella and Miles have?
3. What is the name of the character Joel plays during the skit?
(a) Dave Silverstein.
(b) Michael Arlen.
(c) Brian Holcomb.
(d) Alex Shephard.
4. What is Nat's occupation?
5. Who writes the skit Joel performs at the tea?
(a) Eugene O'Neill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends Joel a telegram the morning after the tea?
2. Who says, "I am a flop"?
3. Where does Miles live?
4. What is Stella's job when she meets Joel?
5. How does Joel close the telegram he sends in Part Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Miles give for why he no longer wants Stella and Joel to discuss the affair at June's house?
2. What does Nat say is ironic about his financial situation?
3. What does Joel promise Stella before he leaves her house at the end of the story?
4. What does Joel do when he realizes he is in love with Stella?
5. How does Nat attempt to make Joel feel better the day after the tea at the Calman house?
6. What does Joel say to Stella about new mothers?
7. Describe the letter Joel sends to Miles.
8. Why do party goers look at Stella and Joel curiously when they are chatting at Stella's sister's home?
9. At the beginning of the story, how does Joel feel about Sundays?
10. What does Stella tell Joel when he asks for the names of her friends?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)