|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joel receive an invitation to two days after the tea?
(a) A movie premiere.
(b) A golf match.
(c) A dance.
(d) A buffet supper.
2. How does Joel feel after he finishes his skit?
3. What does Joel do with his breakfast the morning after the tea?
(a) Gives it to his dog.
(b) Eats is quickly.
(c) Leaves it on the table.
(d) Throws it out a window.
4. According to the invitation from Miles, what time does the tea end?
5. What day is the first event that Miles invites Joel to?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Stella tell Joel he looks?
2. What does Joel have for breakfast the morning after the tea?
3. Who asks, "What do you mean you're in permanent retirement"?
4. Where does Joel's mother want him to go?
5. Women sitting at a table next to Joel and Nat in Part Two are described as having faces stained with what color?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Joel begin to feel less obligated to Miles?
2. What does Stella tell Joel when he asks for the names of her friends?
3. How does Miles tell Joel he can obtain more information about his problems?
4. How does Joel react to the letter he receives from Stella?
5. Why does Joel believe people do not show Stella a lot of attention?
6. What reason does Miles give for why he no longer wants Stella and Joel to discuss the affair at June's house?
7. Why does Joel become uncomfortable when he sees a group of people the day after the tea at the Calman house?
8. What does Joel say to Stella about new mothers?
9. How does Stella react after Miles tells her he still loves her?
10. Why does Stella become dismayed when a telegram delivery boy comes to her door?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)