|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what point during the tea does Joel decide to perform his skit?
(a) As people are leaving.
(b) During dinner.
(c) Before the singer performs.
(d) As guests arrive.
2. What does Joel do for a living?
(a) Makeup artist.
3. Who is the only person who thinks Joel's skit is a success?
4. Who says, "Thanks for your cooperation"?
5. What color are Joel's eyes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Joel into his coat after he performs his skit?
2. How does Joel feel after he finishes his skit?
3. What is Nat's occupation?
4. Who is described as having "an eye as keen as the eye of a potato"?
5. Nat tells Joel a story about a premiere at what theater?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stella tell Joel when he asks for the names of her friends?
2. Why does Joel become uncomfortable when he sees a group of people the day after the tea at the Calman house?
3. Why do not Joel and Stella go to the nightclub after the show?
4. What reason does Stella give for why Miles is not at the theater?
5. What does Joel say to Stella about new mothers?
6. According to Miles' analyst, what problem does Miles have?
7. Describe what Beverly Hills looks like as Joel and Stella walk to her house.
8. Why is Joel mortified the morning after the first Sunday he spends at the Calman house?
9. At the beginning of the story, how does Joel feel about Sundays?
10. Why does Stella kiss Joel?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)