Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes the skit Joel performs at the tea?
(a) Eugene O'Neill.
2. What day is the first event that Miles invites Joel to?
3. Who asks, "What do you mean you're in permanent retirement"?
4. What is Nat's occupation?
5. With whom does Joel discuss Miles' success?
(a) Miles' mother.
(b) Miles' son.
(c) Miles' brother.
(d) Miles' father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joel's mother do for a living?
2. Nat and Joel eat lunch next to a group from what kind of film?
3. Who says, "I am a flop"?
4. How many writers are invited to the first event at Miles' house?
5. How does Joel feel after he finishes his skit?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Miles tell Joel he can obtain more information about his problems?
2. How does Miles react when Joel points out his double standard?
3. What is Joel's skit about?
4. What does Joel say to Stella about people in Hollywood?
5. What does Stella tell Joel when he asks for the names of her friends?
6. What does Joel say to Stella about new mothers?
7. What does Joel watch to see if Stella does when their conversation is interrupted?
8. What does Miles' mother say that surprises Joel?
9. What is the double standard that Joel points out to Miles?
10. What story does Stella tell as an example of Miles' jealously?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)