|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "I suppose he asked to be remembered to me"?
2. The group that Joel hears shouting in Part Four turns out to be what?
(d) A fraternity.
3. What does Stella ask the butler for after reading Miles' telegram?
(a) A cigar.
(b) A tissue.
(d) Drinks and sandwiches.
4. Who says, "I suppose we could go to our house--if I were only sure--"?
5. How many times does Stella say Miles phones her when he is jealous that she is out with another man?
6. At the beginning of Part Four, Joel sees a pair from what nationality dressed in collegiate clothes?
7. What time is it when Part Four ends?
(a) 10:00 p.m.
(b) 2:00 a.m.
(c) 9:00 p.m.
8. What kind of hat does Joel wear to the theater to meet Stella?
9. When Stella steps away after reading the telegram from Miles, Joel wanders over to what object?
(a) The piano.
(b) The baby crib.
(c) The radio.
(d) The telephone.
10. Where does Joel look to see if Miles is hiding?
(a) Behind a curtain.
(c) Car trunk.
11. What is the name of the family that is throwing a dinner and theater party?
(a) The Girlings.
(b) The Hopes.
(c) The Connors.
(d) The Perrys.
12. What color is Stella's outfit in Part Four?
13. What is it clear that Stella and Miles are doing prior to arriving at Stella's sister's house?
(b) Playing racketball.
14. At Stella's sister's house, where do Joel and Stella go to talk?
(a) A bedroom.
(b) The back porch.
(c) The basement.
(d) The kitchen.
15. When Stella and Miles tell the other theater guests that they are not going to the theater, what sort of looks do they get?
(a) Looks of amusement.
(b) Looks of confusion.
(c) Looks of disgust.
(d) Looks of gratitude.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Help yourself to a drink"?
2. Who says, "That's nonsense"?
3. Who says, "There's nothing the matter with your life"?
4. What kind of car does Joel see parked at the curb at the beginning of Part Four?
5. What city does Miles travel to to watch a ballgame?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)