|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the coat Stella wears after the party at her sister's house?
2. Who says, "Finally when people begin to come to me, Miles has to admit it"?
3. What color is the shirt that Joel wears to dinner at Stella's sister's house?
4. Who says, "A story of divorce, the younger generators and the Foreign Legion"?
5. What color is the tie that Joel wears to dinner at Stella's sister's house?
6. What is the name of Miles' analyst?
(a) Dr. Knighton.
(b) Dr. Moore.
(c) Dr. Herrick.
(d) Dr. Bridgebane.
7. Who says, "I suppose he asked to be remembered to me"?
8. What is the name of the woman Miles is having an affair with?
9. What kind of hat does Joel wear to the theater to meet Stella?
10. What style of suit does Joel wear to dinner at Stella's sister's house?
11. Who says, "There's no use trying to explain something to Joel in half an hour that I don't understand myself"?
12. Where does Joel look to see if Miles is hiding?
(a) Car trunk.
(b) Behind a curtain.
13. What is Eva's relationship to Stella?
(c) Best friend.
14. How long does Miles say it takes to get his life cleared up?
(a) Almost 10 years.
(b) About six months.
(c) Over three years.
(d) Over a year.
15. What does Stella ask the butler for after reading Miles' telegram?
(a) Drinks and sandwiches.
(c) A cigar.
(d) A tissue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man Stella goes to the theater with in a story she tells Joel?
2. Where does Miles' telegram come from in Part Four?
3. Who is described as "tall, nervous, with a desperate humor"?
4. Who says, "I have a strange feeling that I'm a sort of pawn in a spite game you're playing against Miles"?
5. Who says, "I suppose we could go to our house--if I were only sure--"?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)