|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Eva described in Part Three?
2. At the beginning of Part Four, Joel sees a pair from what nationality dressed in collegiate clothes?
3. What color is the tie that Joel wears to dinner at Stella's sister's house?
4. What is it clear that Stella and Miles are doing prior to arriving at Stella's sister's house?
(a) Playing racketball.
5. How many times does Stella say Miles phones her when he is jealous that she is out with another man?
6. What kind of hat does Joel wear to the theater to meet Stella?
7. Where is Miles supposed to be while Joel and Stella are at the theater?
(c) South Bend.
8. Who is described as "tall, nervous, with a desperate humor"?
9. Who says, "You know Miles does odd things sometimes"?
10. What color is Stella's outfit in Part Four?
11. When does Miles' telegram to Stella say he comes home?
(a) Tomorrow morning.
(b) Next Sunday.
(c) Tomorrow night.
(d) In two hours.
12. What entree does Joel have for lunch the day of the dinner at Stella's sister's house?
(a) A hamburger.
13. What time is it when Part Four ends?
(a) 2:00 a.m.
(b) 10:00 p.m.
(c) 9:00 p.m.
14. When Stella and Miles tell the other theater guests that they are not going to the theater, what sort of looks do they get?
(a) Looks of amusement.
(b) Looks of gratitude.
(c) Looks of disgust.
(d) Looks of confusion.
15. What does Stella ask the butler for after reading Miles' telegram?
(b) A cigar.
(c) A tissue.
(d) Drinks and sandwiches.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does Miles telephone Stella in Part Four?
2. What is the name of the woman Miles is having an affair with?
3. What is the name of the theater where Joel meets Stella?
4. What kind of car does Joel see parked at the curb at the beginning of Part Four?
5. Who says, "Your eyes are like your own and not a bit like any other eyes"?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)