|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does Miles telephone Stella in Part Four?
(d) Kansas City.
2. Where does Miles' telegram come from in Part Four?
(b) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
3. What is Eva's relationship to Stella?
(b) Best friend.
4. Who says, "There's nothing the matter with your life"?
5. Where is Miles supposed to be while Joel and Stella are at the theater?
(c) South Bend.
6. What is the name of the family that is throwing a dinner and theater party?
(a) The Perrys.
(b) The Hopes.
(c) The Connors.
(d) The Girlings.
7. Where has Miles been the afternoon prior to the dinner party at Stella's sister's house?
(a) At the psychoanalyst's.
(b) At the eye doctor.
(c) With a divorce lawyer.
(d) Taking dance lessons.
8. Joel begins to think that Stella sending him a telegram is really the idea of whom?
(a) The butler.
9. When does Miles' telegram to Stella say he comes home?
(a) Tomorrow morning.
(b) In two hours.
(c) Next Sunday.
(d) Tomorrow night.
10. What kind of salad does Joel have with his lunch the day of the dinner at Stella's sister's house?
11. Who is the first character mentioned in Part Four?
12. How many times does Stella say Miles phones her when he is jealous that she is out with another man?
13. How is Eva described in Part Three?
14. The group that goes to the theater plans to attend the nightclub opening of what man?
(a) Jim Harper.
(b) Andy Gentry.
(c) Jack Johnson.
(d) Chris Wood.
15. What does Stella remind Joel of when she is pacing around telling him about her relationship with Miles?
(a) A lumberjack.
(b) An English lady.
(c) A Simese cat.
(d) A ballerina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "There's no use trying to explain something to Joel in half an hour that I don't understand myself"?
2. What does Stella ask the butler for after reading Miles' telegram?
3. Who is described as "tall, nervous, with a desperate humor"?
4. What color is the coat Stella wears after the party at her sister's house?
5. Stella tells Joel he shares what feature with his mother?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)