|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Stella's outfit match at her sister's house?
(a) A chair.
(b) A painting.
(c) A doll's dress.
(d) A blanket.
2. When Stella and Miles tell the other theater guests that they are not going to the theater, what sort of looks do they get?
(a) Looks of amusement.
(b) Looks of gratitude.
(c) Looks of confusion.
(d) Looks of disgust.
3. Who says, "I suppose he asked to be remembered to me"?
4. What does Stella ask the butler for after reading Miles' telegram?
(a) Drinks and sandwiches.
(b) A tissue.
(c) A cigar.
5. What is Miles diagnosed with?
(b) Split personality disorder.
(c) A mother complex.
6. What city does Miles travel to to watch a ballgame?
(a) South Bend.
(b) Fort Worth.
(c) St. Louis.
7. From where does Miles telephone Stella in Part Four?
(a) Kansas City.
8. How long does Miles say it takes to get his life cleared up?
(a) Almost 10 years.
(b) Over a year.
(c) Over three years.
(d) About six months.
9. What is Eva's last name?
10. Who is the first character mentioned in Part Four?
11. What sort of trees does Stella and Joel see after leaving the theater?
(a) Palm trees.
(b) Willow trees.
(c) Apple trees.
(d) Christmas trees.
12. What phobia does Miles have?
13. What is the name of the theater where Joel meets Stella?
(a) Grauman's Chinese Theater.
(b) Kodak Theater.
(c) Pantages Theater.
(d) Hollywood Theater.
14. The group that Joel hears shouting in Part Four turns out to be what?
(c) A fraternity.
15. How are Stella and Miles dressed when they arrive at Stella's sister's house?
(a) In their pajamas.
(b) For a black tie affair.
(c) In riding clothes.
(d) In matching suits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Help yourself to a drink"?
2. When does Miles' telegram to Stella say he comes home?
3. What style of suit does Joel wear to dinner at Stella's sister's house?
4. Who says, "I suppose we could go to our house--if I were only sure--"?
5. What kind of salad does Joel have with his lunch the day of the dinner at Stella's sister's house?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)