|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the predominant color in Stella's hair?
2. What color is the dress Stella wears when she meets Joel at the theater?
3. At Stella's sister's house, where do Joel and Stella go to talk?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The basement.
(c) The back porch.
(d) A bedroom.
4. How are Stella and Miles dressed when they arrive at Stella's sister's house?
(a) In matching suits.
(b) In riding clothes.
(c) In their pajamas.
(d) For a black tie affair.
5. What does Stella remind Joel of when she is pacing around telling him about her relationship with Miles?
(a) A Simese cat.
(b) A lumberjack.
(c) A ballerina.
(d) An English lady.
6. What sort of trees does Stella and Joel see after leaving the theater?
(a) Christmas trees.
(b) Palm trees.
(c) Willow trees.
(d) Apple trees.
7. When does Miles' telegram to Stella say he comes home?
(a) Next Sunday.
(b) Tomorrow night.
(c) Tomorrow morning.
(d) In two hours.
8. Miles hires an actor with what physical characteristic to spend the afternoon with?
(a) Red hair.
(c) Violet eyes.
(d) Long beard.
9. Who says, "I suppose he asked to be remembered to me"?
10. What is the name of the woman Miles is having an affair with?
11. How is Eva described in Part Three?
12. Who says, "A story of divorce, the younger generators and the Foreign Legion"?
13. What is the name of the apartment complex where Stella's sister lives?
14. Who says, "You know Miles does odd things sometimes"?
15. Where does Stella go after reading Miles' telegram?
(c) To the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Stella's outfit match at her sister's house?
2. What city does Miles travel to to watch a ballgame?
3. What does Stella ask the butler for after reading Miles' telegram?
4. From where does Miles telephone Stella in Part Four?
5. What is the name of the theater where Joel meets Stella?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)