|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The group that Joel hears shouting in Part Four turns out to be what?
(a) A fraternity.
2. What city does Miles travel to to watch a ballgame?
(b) South Bend.
(c) St. Louis.
(d) Fort Worth.
3. Who says, "There's no use trying to explain something to Joel in half an hour that I don't understand myself"?
4. What time does Joel wake up at the beginning of Part Three?
5. Where has Miles been the afternoon prior to the dinner party at Stella's sister's house?
(a) Taking dance lessons.
(b) At the psychoanalyst's.
(c) With a divorce lawyer.
(d) At the eye doctor.
6. What is the name of Miles' analyst?
(a) Dr. Herrick.
(b) Dr. Moore.
(c) Dr. Knighton.
(d) Dr. Bridgebane.
7. What kind of hat does Joel wear to the theater to meet Stella?
8. The group that goes to the theater plans to attend the nightclub opening of what man?
(a) Jack Johnson.
(b) Chris Wood.
(c) Jim Harper.
(d) Andy Gentry.
9. Who is described as "tall, nervous, with a desperate humor"?
10. What color is Stella's outfit in Part Four?
11. What color is the coat Stella wears after the party at her sister's house?
12. What phobia does Miles have?
13. What does Stella ask the butler for after reading Miles' telegram?
(a) A tissue.
(b) A cigar.
(d) Drinks and sandwiches.
14. How long does Miles say it takes to get his life cleared up?
(a) Over three years.
(b) About six months.
(c) Over a year.
(d) Almost 10 years.
15. Who says, "You know Miles does odd things sometimes"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of trees does Stella and Joel see after leaving the theater?
2. Where in her house does Stella find a telegram from Miles?
3. For how long does Miles say he's been seeing an analyst?
4. What is the name of the man who Stella says is trying to change Miles' picture?
5. What is the name of the woman Miles is having an affair with?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)