|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Stella steps away after reading the telegram from Miles, Joel wanders over to what object?
(a) The telephone.
(b) The piano.
(c) The baby crib.
(d) The radio.
2. What time is it when Part Four ends?
(a) 2:00 a.m.
(c) 10:00 p.m.
(d) 9:00 p.m.
3. Who says, "You know Miles does odd things sometimes"?
4. Miles hires an actor with what physical characteristic to spend the afternoon with?
(a) Red hair.
(c) Violet eyes.
(d) Long beard.
5. What sort of trees does Stella and Joel see after leaving the theater?
(a) Christmas trees.
(b) Willow trees.
(c) Apple trees.
(d) Palm trees.
6. What kind of hat does Joel wear to the theater to meet Stella?
7. Who says, "There's no use trying to explain something to Joel in half an hour that I don't understand myself"?
8. Who says, "Finally when people begin to come to me, Miles has to admit it"?
9. What is the name of the man who Stella says is trying to change Miles' picture?
10. What phobia does Miles have?
11. Who says, "I suppose we could go to our house--if I were only sure--"?
12. How many people are in the group that go to the theater?
13. How many times does Stella say Miles phones her when he is jealous that she is out with another man?
14. Where in her house does Stella find a telegram from Miles?
(a) On the front door.
(b) On the kitchen counter.
(c) On the hall table.
(d) On her nightstand.
15. How long does Miles say it takes to get his life cleared up?
(a) Almost 10 years.
(b) About six months.
(c) Over three years.
(d) Over a year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Miles travel to to watch a ballgame?
2. Who says, "That's nonsense"?
3. At the beginning of Part Four, Joel sees a pair from what nationality dressed in collegiate clothes?
4. Who is the first character mentioned in Part Four?
5. From where does Miles telephone Stella in Part Four?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)