|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman Miles is having an affair with?
2. Where does Stella go after reading Miles' telegram?
(d) To the kitchen.
3. For how long does Miles say he's been seeing an analyst?
(c) A few days.
4. What is Miles diagnosed with?
(a) Split personality disorder.
(c) A mother complex.
5. What is the predominant color in Stella's hair?
6. How many times does Stella say Miles phones her when he is jealous that she is out with another man?
7. What is the name of the man Stella goes to the theater with in a story she tells Joel?
8. Where has Miles been the afternoon prior to the dinner party at Stella's sister's house?
(a) At the psychoanalyst's.
(b) Taking dance lessons.
(c) At the eye doctor.
(d) With a divorce lawyer.
9. What time does Joel wake up at the beginning of Part Three?
10. What does Stella remind Joel of when she is pacing around telling him about her relationship with Miles?
(a) An English lady.
(b) A Simese cat.
(c) A ballerina.
(d) A lumberjack.
11. Joel begins to think that Stella sending him a telegram is really the idea of whom?
(c) The butler.
12. How long does Miles say it takes to get his life cleared up?
(a) Over three years.
(b) About six months.
(c) Almost 10 years.
(d) Over a year.
13. Who says, "There's nothing the matter with your life"?
14. When Stella steps away after reading the telegram from Miles, Joel wanders over to what object?
(a) The piano.
(b) The radio.
(c) The baby crib.
(d) The telephone.
15. Stella tells Joel he shares what feature with his mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of trees does Stella and Joel see after leaving the theater?
2. Who is the first character mentioned in Part Four?
3. Who says, "That's nonsense"?
4. Who says, "I suppose he asked to be remembered to me"?
5. What university's sports team is Miles going to watch instead of going to the dinner and theater party?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)