|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "There's nothing the matter with your life"?
2. Who says, "There's no use trying to explain something to Joel in half an hour that I don't understand myself"?
3. Who says, "I suppose we could go to our house--if I were only sure--"?
4. Where is the sweater Stella wears after her sister's party?
5. From where does Miles telephone Stella in Part Four?
(b) Kansas City.
6. What time is it when Part Four ends?
(a) 9:00 p.m.
(b) 2:00 a.m.
(d) 10:00 p.m.
7. Where is Miles supposed to be while Joel and Stella are at the theater?
(d) South Bend.
8. What color is the dress Stella wears when she meets Joel at the theater?
9. Where does Miles' telegram come from in Part Four?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
10. What is Eva's relationship to Stella?
(a) Best friend.
11. Who says, "Your eyes are like your own and not a bit like any other eyes"?
12. What item does Stella's outfit match at her sister's house?
(a) A painting.
(b) A chair.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A doll's dress.
13. What kind of car does Joel see parked at the curb at the beginning of Part Four?
14. What does Stella ask the butler for after reading Miles' telegram?
(a) A tissue.
(b) Drinks and sandwiches.
(c) A cigar.
15. How are Stella and Miles dressed when they arrive at Stella's sister's house?
(a) In their pajamas.
(b) In riding clothes.
(c) In matching suits.
(d) For a black tie affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Miles say it takes to get his life cleared up?
2. Who says, "Help yourself to a drink"?
3. What university's sports team is Miles going to watch instead of going to the dinner and theater party?
4. What does Stella remind Joel of when she is pacing around telling him about her relationship with Miles?
5. How long is Mile's affair going on?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)