|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "A story of divorce, the younger generators and the Foreign Legion"?
2. Who says, "That's nonsense"?
3. Who says, "I suppose he asked to be remembered to me"?
4. What is the predominant color in Stella's hair?
5. What is Eva's relationship to Stella?
(a) Best friend.
6. What kind of hat does Joel wear to the theater to meet Stella?
7. What city does Miles travel to to watch a ballgame?
(a) South Bend.
(b) St. Louis.
(d) Fort Worth.
8. Who is described as "tall, nervous, with a desperate humor"?
9. When does Miles' telegram to Stella say he comes home?
(a) In two hours.
(b) Tomorrow morning.
(c) Next Sunday.
(d) Tomorrow night.
10. What time does Joel wake up at the beginning of Part Three?
11. Where in her house does Stella find a telegram from Miles?
(a) On the front door.
(b) On the kitchen counter.
(c) On her nightstand.
(d) On the hall table.
12. Miles hires an actor with what physical characteristic to spend the afternoon with?
(a) Long beard.
(b) Violet eyes.
(c) Red hair.
13. Where does Joel look to see if Miles is hiding?
(b) Car trunk.
(d) Behind a curtain.
14. Who says, "Your eyes are like your own and not a bit like any other eyes"?
15. At Stella's sister's house, where do Joel and Stella go to talk?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) A bedroom.
(c) The back porch.
(d) The basement.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Stella say Miles phones her when he is jealous that she is out with another man?
2. What phobia does Miles have?
3. What is the name of the apartment complex where Stella's sister lives?
4. Where is the sweater Stella wears after her sister's party?
5. How long does Miles say it takes to get his life cleared up?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)