|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people are in the group that go to the theater?
2. What is the name of the man Stella goes to the theater with in a story she tells Joel?
3. What is the name of Miles' analyst?
(a) Dr. Moore.
(b) Dr. Herrick.
(c) Dr. Knighton.
(d) Dr. Bridgebane.
4. At the beginning of Part Four, Joel sees a pair from what nationality dressed in collegiate clothes?
5. Where does Stella go after reading Miles' telegram?
(d) To the kitchen.
6. What time does Joel wake up at the beginning of Part Three?
7. What city does Miles travel to to watch a ballgame?
(a) St. Louis.
(c) South Bend.
(d) Fort Worth.
8. Who says, "A story of divorce, the younger generators and the Foreign Legion"?
9. Who is described as "tall, nervous, with a desperate humor"?
10. What university's sports team is Miles going to watch instead of going to the dinner and theater party?
(a) Penn State.
(d) Notre Dame.
11. Joel begins to think that Stella sending him a telegram is really the idea of whom?
(d) The butler.
12. What phobia does Miles have?
13. Who says, "I have a strange feeling that I'm a sort of pawn in a spite game you're playing against Miles"?
14. At Stella's sister's house, where do Joel and Stella go to talk?
(a) The basement.
(b) A bedroom.
(c) The back porch.
(d) The kitchen.
15. What is the name of the family that is throwing a dinner and theater party?
(a) The Perrys.
(b) The Hopes.
(c) The Girlings.
(d) The Connors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the sweater Stella wears after her sister's party?
2. Who says, "That's nonsense"?
3. What does Stella remind Joel of when she is pacing around telling him about her relationship with Miles?
4. Who says, "Your eyes are like your own and not a bit like any other eyes"?
5. Who says, "I suppose we could go to our house--if I were only sure--"?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)