|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does Miles telephone Stella in Part Four?
(d) Kansas City.
2. What kind of salad does Joel have with his lunch the day of the dinner at Stella's sister's house?
3. What item does Stella's outfit match at her sister's house?
(a) A doll's dress.
(b) A chair.
(c) A painting.
(d) A blanket.
4. What is the name of the apartment complex where Stella's sister lives?
5. When Stella steps away after reading the telegram from Miles, Joel wanders over to what object?
(a) The baby crib.
(b) The radio.
(c) The piano.
(d) The telephone.
6. At Stella's sister's house, where do Joel and Stella go to talk?
(a) A bedroom.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The back porch.
(d) The basement.
7. Who says, "There's no use trying to explain something to Joel in half an hour that I don't understand myself"?
8. Who is the first character mentioned in Part Four?
9. Who says, "I have a strange feeling that I'm a sort of pawn in a spite game you're playing against Miles"?
10. Joel begins to think that Stella sending him a telegram is really the idea of whom?
(b) The butler.
11. For how long does Miles say he's been seeing an analyst?
(d) A few days.
12. The group that Joel hears shouting in Part Four turns out to be what?
(a) A fraternity.
13. Where in her house does Stella find a telegram from Miles?
(a) On her nightstand.
(b) On the front door.
(c) On the hall table.
(d) On the kitchen counter.
14. How long does Miles say it takes to get his life cleared up?
(a) Almost 10 years.
(b) Over a year.
(c) Over three years.
(d) About six months.
15. Where does Stella go after reading Miles' telegram?
(b) To the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I suppose we could go to our house--if I were only sure--"?
2. What is the name of the woman Miles is having an affair with?
3. Who says, "Help yourself to a drink"?
4. What is Eva's relationship to Stella?
5. How many times does Stella say Miles phones her when he is jealous that she is out with another man?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)