|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Stella say Miles phones her when he is jealous that she is out with another man?
2. Where do Stella and Joel go instead of going to the nightclub?
(a) Stella and Miles' home.
(b) A diner.
(c) To Joel's home.
(d) The park.
3. When Stella and Miles tell the other theater guests that they are not going to the theater, what sort of looks do they get?
(a) Looks of disgust.
(b) Looks of amusement.
(c) Looks of gratitude.
(d) Looks of confusion.
4. Where is Miles supposed to be while Joel and Stella are at the theater?
(b) South Bend.
5. Where is the sweater Stella wears after her sister's party?
6. From where does Miles telephone Stella in Part Four?
(b) Kansas City.
7. Where has Miles been the afternoon prior to the dinner party at Stella's sister's house?
(a) Taking dance lessons.
(b) With a divorce lawyer.
(c) At the eye doctor.
(d) At the psychoanalyst's.
8. What is the name of the theater where Joel meets Stella?
(a) Pantages Theater.
(b) Hollywood Theater.
(c) Grauman's Chinese Theater.
(d) Kodak Theater.
9. Who says, "I suppose we could go to our house--if I were only sure--"?
10. What item does Stella's outfit match at her sister's house?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A chair.
(c) A doll's dress.
(d) A painting.
11. Who says, "There's no use trying to explain something to Joel in half an hour that I don't understand myself"?
12. What style of suit does Joel wear to dinner at Stella's sister's house?
13. What is the predominant color in Stella's hair?
14. For how long does Miles say he's been seeing an analyst?
(c) A few days.
15. What city does Miles travel to to watch a ballgame?
(a) South Bend.
(c) Fort Worth.
(d) St. Louis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Miles' telegram come from in Part Four?
2. What kind of hat does Joel wear to the theater to meet Stella?
3. At the beginning of Part Four, Joel sees a pair from what nationality dressed in collegiate clothes?
4. What is the name of the apartment complex where Stella's sister lives?
5. Where in her house does Stella find a telegram from Miles?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)