|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who Stella says is trying to change Miles' picture?
2. Who says, "There's no use trying to explain something to Joel in half an hour that I don't understand myself"?
3. When Stella steps away after reading the telegram from Miles, Joel wanders over to what object?
(a) The telephone.
(b) The piano.
(c) The baby crib.
(d) The radio.
4. At the beginning of Part Four, Joel sees a pair from what nationality dressed in collegiate clothes?
5. How are Stella and Miles dressed when they arrive at Stella's sister's house?
(a) In riding clothes.
(b) In their pajamas.
(c) For a black tie affair.
(d) In matching suits.
6. The group that Joel hears shouting in Part Four turns out to be what?
(d) A fraternity.
7. Who says, "There's nothing the matter with your life"?
8. What color is the tie that Joel wears to dinner at Stella's sister's house?
9. What does Stella ask the butler for after reading Miles' telegram?
(b) A tissue.
(c) Drinks and sandwiches.
(d) A cigar.
10. What university's sports team is Miles going to watch instead of going to the dinner and theater party?
(b) Notre Dame.
(c) Penn State.
11. How many times does Stella say Miles phones her when he is jealous that she is out with another man?
12. Where does Miles' telegram come from in Part Four?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
13. Where is Miles supposed to be while Joel and Stella are at the theater?
(a) South Bend.
14. Who says, "A story of divorce, the younger generators and the Foreign Legion"?
15. At Stella's sister's house, where do Joel and Stella go to talk?
(a) The back porch.
(b) A bedroom.
(c) The basement.
(d) The kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joel begins to think that Stella sending him a telegram is really the idea of whom?
2. Who says, "Your eyes are like your own and not a bit like any other eyes"?
3. What time does Joel wake up at the beginning of Part Three?
4. Where has Miles been the afternoon prior to the dinner party at Stella's sister's house?
5. When Stella and Miles tell the other theater guests that they are not going to the theater, what sort of looks do they get?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)