|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "I can't imagine anybody as good-looking as you are, being so good-humored"?
2. How long does Miles say it takes to get his life cleared up?
(a) Over a year.
(b) Over three years.
(c) Almost 10 years.
(d) About six months.
3. The group that Joel hears shouting in Part Four turns out to be what?
(d) A fraternity.
4. Who says, "There's no use trying to explain something to Joel in half an hour that I don't understand myself"?
5. What does Stella remind Joel of when she is pacing around telling him about her relationship with Miles?
(a) A ballerina.
(b) A lumberjack.
(c) A Simese cat.
(d) An English lady.
6. Where does Miles' telegram come from in Part Four?
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles.
7. Where does Joel look to see if Miles is hiding?
(c) Car trunk.
(d) Behind a curtain.
8. What kind of car does Joel see parked at the curb at the beginning of Part Four?
9. At Stella's sister's house, where do Joel and Stella go to talk?
(a) A bedroom.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The basement.
(d) The back porch.
10. Joel begins to think that Stella sending him a telegram is really the idea of whom?
(c) The butler.
11. When does Miles' telegram to Stella say he comes home?
(a) In two hours.
(b) Tomorrow night.
(c) Tomorrow morning.
(d) Next Sunday.
12. What is Eva's last name?
13. Where do Stella and Joel go instead of going to the nightclub?
(a) Stella and Miles' home.
(b) To Joel's home.
(c) The park.
(d) A diner.
14. What does Stella ask the butler for after reading Miles' telegram?
(b) A cigar.
(c) A tissue.
(d) Drinks and sandwiches.
15. What is the name of Miles' analyst?
(a) Dr. Bridgebane.
(b) Dr. Herrick.
(c) Dr. Moore.
(d) Dr. Knighton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as "tall, nervous, with a desperate humor"?
2. Where is Miles supposed to be while Joel and Stella are at the theater?
3. Miles hires an actor with what physical characteristic to spend the afternoon with?
4. From where does Miles telephone Stella in Part Four?
5. The group that goes to the theater plans to attend the nightclub opening of what man?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)