|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Stella's sister's name?
2. What does Joel say that new mothers need?
(a) Unqualified devotion.
(b) To go shopping in Paris.
(c) Lots of girlfriends.
(d) Time away from their familes.
3. Who sends Joel a telegram the morning after the tea?
(d) The Great Lover.
4. Nat and Joel eat lunch next to a group from what kind of film?
(a) A science fiction film.
(b) A western film.
(c) A war film.
(d) A circus film.
5. What is Stella's job when she meets Joel?
(a) Shop clerk.
6. Where does Joel live?
(b) New York City.
7. Nat cheers Joel up with a story about a man by what name?
(a) Tom Miller.
(b) Joe Squires.
(c) Bill Kaughman.
(d) Ralph Adams.
8. How much money does Nat tell Joel he makes in a year?
(a) One hundred thousand dollars.
(b) Fifty thousand dollars.
(c) Two hundred thousand dollars.
(d) Seventy thousand dollars.
9. What role does Joel need filled in the skit at the tea?
10. Two days after the tea, Joel receives an invitation to an event taking place on what day?
11. What does Joel do for a living?
(b) Makeup artist.
12. Joel is working on a movie based on a play by what author?
(a) Eugene O'Neill.
(b) Arthur Miller.
(c) Tennessee Williams.
(d) Samuel Beckett.
13. How old does Stella tell Joel he looks?
14. Where does Joel first meet Stella?
(a) New York.
(c) New Orleans.
(d) San Fransisco.
15. What is Miles' last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many writers are invited to the first event at Miles' house?
2. Nat tells Joel a story about a premiere at what theater?
3. What does Joel have for breakfast the morning after the tea?
4. Who does Joel write a letter to the morning after the tea?
5. According to the invitation from Miles, what time does the tea end?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)