|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nat cheers Joel up with a story about a man by what name?
(a) Bill Kaughman.
(b) Joe Squires.
(c) Tom Miller.
(d) Ralph Adams.
2. How does Nat refer to the Great Lover while telling a story?
(a) Three Piece Suit.
(b) Four Eyes.
(c) Two Face.
(d) One Trick Pony.
3. What is Stella's sister's name?
4. Who says, "I am a flop"?
5. How much does Nat pay his new employee a year?
(a) Five thousand dollars.
(b) Ten thousand dollars.
(c) One thousand dollars.
(d) Twenty thousand dollars.
6. How much money does Nat tell Joel he makes in a year?
(a) Two hundred thousand dollars.
(b) Seventy thousand dollars.
(c) Fifty thousand dollars.
(d) One hundred thousand dollars.
7. Who is described as having "an eye as keen as the eye of a potato"?
(b) The Great Lover.
8. What does Nat tell Joel he hires?
(a) A manager.
(b) A bodyguard.
(c) A personal chef.
(d) A babysitter.
9. What is Nat's last name?
10. Where does Joel live?
(d) New York City.
11. What does Joel do with his breakfast the morning after the tea?
(a) Gives it to his dog.
(b) Leaves it on the table.
(c) Eats is quickly.
(d) Throws it out a window.
12. How does Joel close the telegram he sends in Part Two?
(a) Yours ever.
(b) Yours truly.
(d) Love always.
13. In the story Nat tells Joel, what time is it when a man calls the Great Lover on the telephone?
(a) One o'clock.
(b) Eight o'clock.
(c) Three o'clock.
(d) Eleven thirty.
14. What role does Joel need filled in the skit at the tea?
15. How does Joel feel after he finishes his skit?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what point during the tea does Joel decide to perform his skit?
2. How many writers are invited to the first event at Miles' house?
3. How is Stella's face described in Part One?
4. Who does Joel ask to help him with the skit at the tea?
5. What does the Great Lover shout at Joel after his skit?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)