|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Nat pay his new employee a year?
(a) Five thousand dollars.
(b) Ten thousand dollars.
(c) Twenty thousand dollars.
(d) One thousand dollars.
2. In the story Nat tells Joel, why does the Great Lover become angry with the man?
(a) The man kicks his tail.
(b) The man calls him a bad name.
(c) The man flirts with his wife.
(d) The man trips him.
3. Who does Joel write a letter to the morning after the tea?
(c) His mother.
4. What does Joel do with his breakfast the morning after the tea?
(a) Gives it to his dog.
(b) Leaves it on the table.
(c) Eats is quickly.
(d) Throws it out a window.
5. What is the name of the skit Joel performs at the tea?
(a) Bringing Up Baby.
(b) Down and Out.
(c) Building It Up.
(d) Knocking It Down.
6. How does Joel feel after he finishes his skit?
7. How does Joel close the telegram he sends in Part Two?
(a) Yours ever.
(c) Yours truly.
(d) Love always.
8. What is Stella's job when she meets Joel?
(c) Shop clerk.
9. Where does Miles live?
(a) Beverly Hills.
(b) Holmby Hills.
(c) Pacific Palisades.
(d) Bel Air.
10. What does Joel promise himself he does not do at Miles' house?
11. Who does Joel ask to help him with the skit at the tea?
(d) Gretta Garbo.
12. Nat cheers Joel up with a story about a man by what name?
(a) Joe Squires.
(b) Bill Kaughman.
(c) Ralph Adams.
(d) Tom Miller.
13. What does Nat tell Joel he has a problem with?
14. How old is Joel?
15. Who writes the skit Joel performs at the tea?
(b) Eugene O'Neill.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joel react when he receives a telegram two days after the tea?
2. What role does Joel need filled in the skit at the tea?
3. What is the name of the character Joel plays during the skit?
4. Nat and Joel eat lunch next to a group from what kind of film?
5. With whom does Joel discuss Miles' success?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)