|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does Stella tell Joel he looks?
2. What does Joel's mother do for a living?
3. How does Nat refer to the Great Lover while telling a story?
(a) Three Piece Suit.
(b) Four Eyes.
(c) One Trick Pony.
(d) Two Face.
4. What does Miles do for a living?
5. Who does Joel wish he can just sit and talk to like a person?
(c) Greta Garbo.
6. How much does Nat pay his new employee a year?
(a) One thousand dollars.
(b) Five thousand dollars.
(c) Twenty thousand dollars.
(d) Ten thousand dollars.
7. What does Nat tell Joel he hires?
(a) A babysitter.
(b) A personal chef.
(c) A manager.
(d) A bodyguard.
8. What does Miles invite Joel to attend at the beginning of the story?
(a) A tea.
(b) A ball.
(c) A dinner party.
(d) A racketball match.
9. After being cheered up by Nat's story, what does Joel see that makes him wince?
(a) Stella and Miles.
(b) His exgirlfriend with her new husband.
(c) A group of people from the tea.
(d) An angry letter from his boss.
10. What is Stella's job when she meets Joel?
(a) Shop clerk.
11. How many writers are invited to the first event at Miles' house?
12. Who says, "Absolutely my last social appearance in Hollywood"?
13. How much money does Nat tell Joel he makes in a year?
(a) Two hundred thousand dollars.
(b) Fifty thousand dollars.
(c) One hundred thousand dollars.
(d) Seventy thousand dollars.
14. Two days after the tea, Joel receives an invitation to an event taking place on what day?
15. Where does Joel live?
(c) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Miles live?
2. Who does Joel ask to help him with the skit at the tea?
3. What does Nat tell Joel he has a problem with?
4. In the story Nat tells Joel, what time is it when a man calls the Great Lover on the telephone?
5. How does Joel close the telegram he sends in Part Two?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)