|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what point during the tea does Joel decide to perform his skit?
(a) During dinner.
(b) As people are leaving.
(c) Before the singer performs.
(d) As guests arrive.
2. What does Nat tell Joel he has a problem with?
3. What is Stella's maiden name?
4. Who puts an alcoholic beverage in Joel's hand at Miles' house?
5. How does Joel close the telegram he sends in Part Two?
(b) Yours truly.
(c) Yours ever.
(d) Love always.
6. Who is described as having "an eye as keen as the eye of a potato"?
(d) The Great Lover.
7. Nat cheers Joel up with a story about a man by what name?
(a) Joe Squires.
(b) Ralph Adams.
(c) Tom Miller.
(d) Bill Kaughman.
8. According to the invitation from Miles, what time does the tea start?
9. Where does Joel first meet Stella?
(b) New Orleans.
(c) New York.
(d) San Fransisco.
10. What does Joel receive an invitation to two days after the tea?
(a) A buffet supper.
(b) A movie premiere.
(c) A golf match.
(d) A dance.
11. How much money does Nat tell Joel he loses recently?
(a) Twenty-five thousand dollars.
(b) One hundred thousand dollars.
(c) Forty thousand dollars.
(d) Ten thousand dollars.
12. What does Joel say that new mothers need?
(a) Time away from their familes.
(b) Lots of girlfriends.
(c) Unqualified devotion.
(d) To go shopping in Paris.
13. How old is Joel?
14. Who writes the skit Joel performs at the tea?
(b) Eugene O'Neill.
15. What does Nat tell Joel he hires?
(a) A manager.
(b) A babysitter.
(c) A personal chef.
(d) A bodyguard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person who thinks Joel's skit is a success?
2. Two days after the tea, Joel receives an invitation to an event taking place on what day?
3. After being cheered up by Nat's story, what does Joel see that makes him wince?
4. What role does Joel need filled in the skit at the tea?
5. How many writers are invited to the first event at Miles' house?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)