|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joel do for a living?
(c) Makeup artist.
2. Who sends Joel a telegram the morning after the tea?
(a) The Great Lover.
3. How is Stella's face described in Part One?
4. Who writes the skit Joel performs at the tea?
(a) Eugene O'Neill.
5. Who helps Joel into his coat after he performs his skit?
(c) A stranger.
6. After being cheered up by Nat's story, what does Joel see that makes him wince?
(a) Stella and Miles.
(b) A group of people from the tea.
(c) His exgirlfriend with her new husband.
(d) An angry letter from his boss.
7. What does Joel receive an invitation to two days after the tea?
(a) A golf match.
(b) A buffet supper.
(c) A movie premiere.
(d) A dance.
8. In the story Nat tells Joel, what time is it when a man calls the Great Lover on the telephone?
(a) Eleven thirty.
(b) One o'clock.
(c) Three o'clock.
(d) Eight o'clock.
9. Who does Joel write a letter to the morning after the tea?
(a) His mother.
10. Women sitting at a table next to Joel and Nat in Part Two are described as having faces stained with what color?
11. Who puts an alcoholic beverage in Joel's hand at Miles' house?
12. How does Joel feel after he finishes his skit?
13. Who says, "Everybody watches for everybody else's blunders, or tries to make sure they're with people that'll do them credit"?
14. Who does Joel wish he can just sit and talk to like a person?
(b) Greta Garbo.
15. How much money does Nat tell Joel he makes in a year?
(a) One hundred thousand dollars.
(b) Fifty thousand dollars.
(c) Two hundred thousand dollars.
(d) Seventy thousand dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nat tells Joel a story about a premiere at what theater?
2. What color are Joel's eyes?
3. At what point during the tea does Joel decide to perform his skit?
4. How much does Nat pay his new employee a year?
5. What does Miles do for a living?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)