|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who laughs during Joel's skit?
(d) No one.
2. What does the Great Lover shout at Joel after his skit?
3. What day is the first event that Miles invites Joel to?
4. What does Joel receive an invitation to two days after the tea?
(a) A dance.
(b) A golf match.
(c) A movie premiere.
(d) A buffet supper.
5. What does Miles invite Joel to attend at the beginning of the story?
(a) A racketball match.
(b) A dinner party.
(c) A tea.
(d) A ball.
6. Where does Joel first meet Stella?
(a) San Fransisco.
(b) New York.
(d) New Orleans.
7. What is Nat's occupation?
8. At what point during the tea does Joel decide to perform his skit?
(a) As people are leaving.
(b) As guests arrive.
(c) Before the singer performs.
(d) During dinner.
9. Who asks, "What do you mean you're in permanent retirement"?
10. What is the name of the skit Joel performs at the tea?
(a) Down and Out.
(b) Bringing Up Baby.
(c) Building It Up.
(d) Knocking It Down.
11. Who writes the skit Joel performs at the tea?
(a) Eugene O'Neill.
12. Women sitting at a table next to Joel and Nat in Part Two are described as having faces stained with what color?
13. Who puts an alcoholic beverage in Joel's hand at Miles' house?
14. What interrupts Joel and Nat's conversation at the tea?
(a) Miles pulls Nat away.
(b) Stella pulls Joel away.
(c) A game of chrades breaks out.
(d) Live music.
15. Who does Joel ask to help him with the skit at the tea?
(c) Gretta Garbo.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Joel?
2. How much money does Nat tell Joel he makes in a year?
3. Who is described as having "an eye as keen as the eye of a potato"?
4. How much does Nat pay his new employee a year?
5. What is Stella's sister's name?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)