|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joel's mother do for a living?
2. What is Stella's job when she meets Joel?
(c) Shop clerk.
3. What does Joel do for a living?
(a) Makeup artist.
4. Who is the only person who thinks Joel's skit is a success?
5. Nat and Joel eat lunch next to a group from what kind of film?
(a) A western film.
(b) A circus film.
(c) A war film.
(d) A science fiction film.
6. According to the invitation from Miles, what time does the tea end?
7. Who says, "I am a flop"?
8. Where does Joel first meet Stella?
(b) New Orleans.
(c) New York.
(d) San Fransisco.
9. Two days after the tea, Joel receives an invitation to an event taking place on what day?
10. Nat tells Joel a story about a premiere at what theater?
(a) Hollywood Bowl Theater.
(b) Pantages Theater.
(d) Kodak Theater.
11. Nat cheers Joel up with a story about a man by what name?
(a) Bill Kaughman.
(b) Ralph Adams.
(c) Tom Miller.
(d) Joe Squires.
12. Who does Joel write a letter to the morning after the tea?
(d) His mother.
13. How much money does Nat tell Joel he makes in a year?
(a) One hundred thousand dollars.
(b) Seventy thousand dollars.
(c) Fifty thousand dollars.
(d) Two hundred thousand dollars.
14. What is Nat's occupation?
15. How many writers are invited to the first event at Miles' house?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joel feel when he hears the singing at Miles' tea?
2. After being cheered up by Nat's story, what does Joel see that makes him wince?
3. According to the invitation from Miles, what time does the tea start?
4. What is Nat's last name?
5. What does Joel say that new mothers need?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)