|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes the skit Joel performs at the tea?
(a) Eugene O'Neill.
2. Where does Joel live?
(c) New York City.
3. What is Stella's job when she meets Joel?
(a) Shop clerk.
4. What does Joel have for breakfast the morning after the tea?
(b) Poached eggs.
(d) Cold cereal.
5. What is Nat's last name?
6. What does Miles invite Joel to attend at the beginning of the story?
(a) A tea.
(b) A ball.
(c) A dinner party.
(d) A racketball match.
7. Joel is working on a movie based on a play by what author?
(a) Samuel Beckett.
(b) Tennessee Williams.
(c) Arthur Miller.
(d) Eugene O'Neill.
8. Who says, "I am a flop"?
9. Who does Joel write a letter to the morning after the tea?
(b) His mother.
10. Nat cheers Joel up with a story about a man by what name?
(a) Ralph Adams.
(b) Bill Kaughman.
(c) Joe Squires.
(d) Tom Miller.
11. How much money does Nat tell Joel he loses recently?
(a) Ten thousand dollars.
(b) Twenty-five thousand dollars.
(c) One hundred thousand dollars.
(d) Forty thousand dollars.
12. What does Nat tell Joel he hires?
(a) A personal chef.
(b) A manager.
(c) A babysitter.
(d) A bodyguard.
13. What is the name of the character Joel plays during the skit?
(a) Michael Arlen.
(b) Dave Silverstein.
(c) Alex Shephard.
(d) Brian Holcomb.
14. What is Stella's sister's name?
15. What role does Joel need filled in the skit at the tea?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Stella tell Joel he looks?
2. Who says, "Thanks for your cooperation"?
3. What is Joel's last name?
4. Who asks, "What do you mean you're in permanent retirement"?
5. In the story Nat tells Joel, what time is it when a man calls the Great Lover on the telephone?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)