|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joel react when he receives a telegram two days after the tea?
(a) It makes him angry.
(b) He thinks it is sweet.
(c) He cries.
(d) He throws it away.
2. Who is the only person who thinks Joel's skit is a success?
3. What does Joel do with his breakfast the morning after the tea?
(a) Gives it to his dog.
(b) Throws it out a window.
(c) Eats is quickly.
(d) Leaves it on the table.
4. In the story Nat tells Joel, what time is it when a man calls the Great Lover on the telephone?
(a) Three o'clock.
(b) Eight o'clock.
(c) One o'clock.
(d) Eleven thirty.
5. Who sends Joel a telegram the morning after the tea?
(b) The Great Lover.
6. Joel is working on a movie based on a play by what author?
(a) Tennessee Williams.
(b) Samuel Beckett.
(c) Arthur Miller.
(d) Eugene O'Neill.
7. What is Miles' last name?
8. Where does Joel's mother want him to go?
(d) West Point.
9. Who writes the skit Joel performs at the tea?
(d) Eugene O'Neill.
10. What does Nat tell Joel he hires?
(a) A bodyguard.
(b) A personal chef.
(c) A manager.
(d) A babysitter.
11. What does Nat tell Joel he has a problem with?
12. How does Nat refer to the Great Lover while telling a story?
(a) Two Face.
(b) Four Eyes.
(c) Three Piece Suit.
(d) One Trick Pony.
13. Who does Joel write a letter to the morning after the tea?
(b) His mother.
14. With whom does Joel discuss Miles' success?
(a) Miles' mother.
(b) Miles' brother.
(c) Miles' son.
(d) Miles' father.
15. What interrupts Joel and Nat's conversation at the tea?
(a) Live music.
(b) Miles pulls Nat away.
(c) A game of chrades breaks out.
(d) Stella pulls Joel away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Joel live?
2. What does Joel's mother do for a living?
3. Women sitting at a table next to Joel and Nat in Part Two are described as having faces stained with what color?
4. How old is Joel?
5. Who does Joel wish he can just sit and talk to like a person?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)