|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joel say that new mothers need?
(a) To go shopping in Paris.
(b) Lots of girlfriends.
(c) Unqualified devotion.
(d) Time away from their familes.
2. At what point during the tea does Joel decide to perform his skit?
(a) Before the singer performs.
(b) During dinner.
(c) As people are leaving.
(d) As guests arrive.
3. How much money does Nat tell Joel he loses recently?
(a) One hundred thousand dollars.
(b) Ten thousand dollars.
(c) Forty thousand dollars.
(d) Twenty-five thousand dollars.
4. What does the Great Lover shout at Joel after his skit?
5. What does Joel have for breakfast the morning after the tea?
(a) Cold cereal.
(c) Poached eggs.
6. What day is the first event that Miles invites Joel to?
7. With whom does Joel discuss Miles' success?
(a) Miles' son.
(b) Miles' father.
(c) Miles' brother.
(d) Miles' mother.
8. What does Nat tell Joel he hires?
(a) A personal chef.
(b) A bodyguard.
(c) A babysitter.
(d) A manager.
9. What does Nat tell Joel he has a problem with?
10. In the story Nat tells Joel, why does the Great Lover become angry with the man?
(a) The man kicks his tail.
(b) The man flirts with his wife.
(c) The man calls him a bad name.
(d) The man trips him.
11. Who writes the skit Joel performs at the tea?
(b) Eugene O'Neill.
12. Two days after the tea, Joel receives an invitation to an event taking place on what day?
13. In the story Nat tells Joel, what time is it when a man calls the Great Lover on the telephone?
(a) One o'clock.
(b) Eight o'clock.
(c) Three o'clock.
(d) Eleven thirty.
14. What is the name of the character Joel plays during the skit?
(a) Alex Shephard.
(b) Dave Silverstein.
(c) Michael Arlen.
(d) Brian Holcomb.
15. Who says, "Everybody watches for everybody else's blunders, or tries to make sure they're with people that'll do them credit"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joel feel after he finishes his skit?
2. How does Joel react when he receives a telegram two days after the tea?
3. What role does Joel need filled in the skit at the tea?
4. Women sitting at a table next to Joel and Nat in Part Two are described as having faces stained with what color?
5. Who is the only person who thinks Joel's skit is a success?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)