|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Joel discuss Miles' success?
(a) Miles' father.
(b) Miles' mother.
(c) Miles' son.
(d) Miles' brother.
2. Who says, "Thanks for your cooperation"?
3. Who sends Joel a telegram the morning after the tea?
(d) The Great Lover.
4. How does Joel react when he receives a telegram two days after the tea?
(a) It makes him angry.
(b) He throws it away.
(c) He thinks it is sweet.
(d) He cries.
5. What does Miles invite Joel to attend at the beginning of the story?
(a) A ball.
(b) A dinner party.
(c) A tea.
(d) A racketball match.
6. Who does Joel wish he can just sit and talk to like a person?
(c) Greta Garbo.
7. Who says, "Absolutely my last social appearance in Hollywood"?
8. In the story Nat tells Joel, what time is it when a man calls the Great Lover on the telephone?
(a) Three o'clock.
(b) One o'clock.
(c) Eleven thirty.
(d) Eight o'clock.
9. How does Joel close the telegram he sends in Part Two?
(a) Love always.
(c) Yours truly.
(d) Yours ever.
10. Nat tells Joel a story about a premiere at what theater?
(a) Hollywood Bowl Theater.
(b) Pantages Theater.
(d) Kodak Theater.
11. What is Stella's job when she meets Joel?
(d) Shop clerk.
12. What is Nat's last name?
13. What color are Joel's eyes?
14. Who asks, "What do you mean you're in permanent retirement"?
15. Who is the only person who thinks Joel's skit is a success?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Stella tell Joel he looks?
2. How old is Joel?
3. Joel is working on a movie based on a play by what author?
4. Where does Joel first decide he wants to have lunch the day after the tea?
5. After being cheered up by Nat's story, what does Joel see that makes him wince?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)