|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nat and Joel eat lunch next to a group from what kind of film?
(a) A circus film.
(b) A science fiction film.
(c) A western film.
(d) A war film.
2. How many children do Stella and Miles have?
3. What does Joel's mother do for a living?
4. According to the invitation from Miles, what time does the tea start?
5. What interrupts Joel and Nat's conversation at the tea?
(a) Stella pulls Joel away.
(b) A game of chrades breaks out.
(c) Miles pulls Nat away.
(d) Live music.
6. How does Joel feel after he finishes his skit?
7. How is Stella's face described in Part One?
8. Who sends Joel a telegram the morning after the tea?
(a) The Great Lover.
9. What does Joel have for breakfast the morning after the tea?
(c) Poached eggs.
(d) Cold cereal.
10. Who writes the skit Joel performs at the tea?
(c) Eugene O'Neill.
11. What is Joel's last name?
12. Two days after the tea, Joel receives an invitation to an event taking place on what day?
13. How many writers are invited to the first event at Miles' house?
14. Who says, "Thanks for your cooperation"?
15. What is Miles' last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nat's last name?
2. In the story Nat tells Joel, what time is it when a man calls the Great Lover on the telephone?
3. What does Nat tell Joel he hires?
4. Who is described as having "an eye as keen as the eye of a potato"?
5. What is the name of the skit Joel performs at the tea?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)