|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Joel discuss Miles' success?
(a) Miles' father.
(b) Miles' brother.
(c) Miles' mother.
(d) Miles' son.
2. Who asks, "What do you mean you're in permanent retirement"?
3. Where does Joel first meet Stella?
(a) New York.
(c) San Fransisco.
(d) New Orleans.
4. Who does Joel ask to help him with the skit at the tea?
(d) Gretta Garbo.
5. Who sends Joel a telegram the morning after the tea?
(b) The Great Lover.
6. After being cheered up by Nat's story, what does Joel see that makes him wince?
(a) Stella and Miles.
(b) His exgirlfriend with her new husband.
(c) A group of people from the tea.
(d) An angry letter from his boss.
7. How old does Stella tell Joel he looks?
8. What color are Joel's eyes?
9. What does Joel promise himself he does not do at Miles' house?
10. What does Joel do for a living?
(a) Makeup artist.
11. What is Stella's job when she meets Joel?
(c) Shop clerk.
12. What does Joel's mother do for a living?
13. Where does Joel's mother want him to go?
(d) West Point.
14. Who is the man who performed a song at the tea?
(a) A famous radio entertainer.
(b) A friend of Joel's.
(c) A struggling songwriter.
(d) A comedian.
15. What does the Great Lover shout at Joel after his skit?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what point during the tea does Joel decide to perform his skit?
2. What interrupts Joel and Nat's conversation at the tea?
3. Who is the only person who thinks Joel's skit is a success?
4. Who says, "I am a flop"?
5. Who laughs during Joel's skit?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)