|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nat tell Joel he hires?
(a) A bodyguard.
(b) A manager.
(c) A babysitter.
(d) A personal chef.
2. What is Stella's job when she meets Joel?
(c) Shop clerk.
3. How does Joel close the telegram he sends in Part Two?
(a) Love always.
(c) Yours truly.
(d) Yours ever.
4. Who laughs during Joel's skit?
(d) No one.
5. Where does Joel's mother want him to go?
(a) West Point.
6. Who asks, "What do you mean you're in permanent retirement"?
7. How much does Nat pay his new employee a year?
(a) Twenty thousand dollars.
(b) Five thousand dollars.
(c) One thousand dollars.
(d) Ten thousand dollars.
8. Where does Joel first decide he wants to have lunch the day after the tea?
(a) At his desk.
(b) At home.
(d) In the studio restaurant.
9. How does Joel feel when he hears the singing at Miles' tea?
10. What does Joel's mother do for a living?
11. Where does Joel live?
(a) New York City.
12. What does the Great Lover shout at Joel after his skit?
13. What is Nat's occupation?
14. What role does Joel need filled in the skit at the tea?
15. With whom does Joel discuss Miles' success?
(a) Miles' son.
(b) Miles' mother.
(c) Miles' brother.
(d) Miles' father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nat cheers Joel up with a story about a man by what name?
2. Who says, "Absolutely my last social appearance in Hollywood"?
3. Who writes the skit Joel performs at the tea?
4. Who says, "Everybody watches for everybody else's blunders, or tries to make sure they're with people that'll do them credit"?
5. What does Miles invite Joel to attend at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)