|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joel's mother do for a living?
2. How much does Nat pay his new employee a year?
(a) Twenty thousand dollars.
(b) Ten thousand dollars.
(c) One thousand dollars.
(d) Five thousand dollars.
3. How does Joel react when he receives a telegram two days after the tea?
(a) He cries.
(b) He thinks it is sweet.
(c) It makes him angry.
(d) He throws it away.
4. How many children do Stella and Miles have?
5. What is Nat's occupation?
6. What is Nat's last name?
7. Nat cheers Joel up with a story about a man by what name?
(a) Tom Miller.
(b) Ralph Adams.
(c) Bill Kaughman.
(d) Joe Squires.
8. What is the name of the character Joel plays during the skit?
(a) Dave Silverstein.
(b) Alex Shephard.
(c) Michael Arlen.
(d) Brian Holcomb.
9. According to the invitation from Miles, what time does the tea start?
10. Two days after the tea, Joel receives an invitation to an event taking place on what day?
11. How does Joel feel after he finishes his skit?
12. After being cheered up by Nat's story, what does Joel see that makes him wince?
(a) An angry letter from his boss.
(b) A group of people from the tea.
(c) Stella and Miles.
(d) His exgirlfriend with her new husband.
13. What is Stella's job when she meets Joel?
(c) Shop clerk.
14. What day is the first event that Miles invites Joel to?
15. What does Joel promise himself he does not do at Miles' house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as having "an eye as keen as the eye of a potato"?
2. What does the Great Lover shout at Joel after his skit?
3. Who is the man who performed a song at the tea?
4. What does Nat tell Joel he has a problem with?
5. According to the invitation from Miles, what time does the tea end?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)