|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Joel into his coat after he performs his skit?
(c) A stranger.
2. Where does Miles live?
(a) Bel Air.
(b) Pacific Palisades.
(c) Beverly Hills.
(d) Holmby Hills.
3. What does Joel have for breakfast the morning after the tea?
(b) Poached eggs.
(d) Cold cereal.
4. According to the invitation from Miles, what time does the tea end?
5. What does Miles invite Joel to attend at the beginning of the story?
(a) A ball.
(b) A dinner party.
(c) A tea.
(d) A racketball match.
6. Who asks, "What do you mean you're in permanent retirement"?
7. What is the name of the character Joel plays during the skit?
(a) Brian Holcomb.
(b) Dave Silverstein.
(c) Alex Shephard.
(d) Michael Arlen.
8. How does Joel close the telegram he sends in Part Two?
(b) Love always.
(c) Yours truly.
(d) Yours ever.
9. Who says, "Thanks for your cooperation"?
10. How many children do Stella and Miles have?
11. What does Joel's mother do for a living?
12. Where does Joel live?
(a) New York City.
13. How does Joel feel when he hears the singing at Miles' tea?
14. What is Stella's sister's name?
15. Nat and Joel eat lunch next to a group from what kind of film?
(a) A circus film.
(b) A science fiction film.
(c) A western film.
(d) A war film.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person who thinks Joel's skit is a success?
2. After being cheered up by Nat's story, what does Joel see that makes him wince?
3. At what point during the tea does Joel decide to perform his skit?
4. What does Joel do with his breakfast the morning after the tea?
5. What does Miles do for a living?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)