|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children do Stella and Miles have?
2. How old is Joel?
3. How does Joel react when he receives a telegram two days after the tea?
(a) It makes him angry.
(b) He throws it away.
(c) He thinks it is sweet.
(d) He cries.
4. Joel is working on a movie based on a play by what author?
(a) Eugene O'Neill.
(b) Samuel Beckett.
(c) Arthur Miller.
(d) Tennessee Williams.
5. What day is the first event that Miles invites Joel to?
6. How much money does Nat tell Joel he makes in a year?
(a) Two hundred thousand dollars.
(b) One hundred thousand dollars.
(c) Seventy thousand dollars.
(d) Fifty thousand dollars.
7. What does Joel say that new mothers need?
(a) Unqualified devotion.
(b) Lots of girlfriends.
(c) Time away from their familes.
(d) To go shopping in Paris.
8. What role does Joel need filled in the skit at the tea?
9. Who says, "Absolutely my last social appearance in Hollywood"?
10. What is the name of the character Joel plays during the skit?
(a) Brian Holcomb.
(b) Alex Shephard.
(c) Michael Arlen.
(d) Dave Silverstein.
11. Nat cheers Joel up with a story about a man by what name?
(a) Tom Miller.
(b) Bill Kaughman.
(c) Joe Squires.
(d) Ralph Adams.
12. What does Joel's mother do for a living?
13. Who says, "Everybody watches for everybody else's blunders, or tries to make sure they're with people that'll do them credit"?
14. Where does Joel first meet Stella?
(a) San Fransisco.
(c) New Orleans.
(d) New York.
15. In the story Nat tells Joel, why does the Great Lover become angry with the man?
(a) The man trips him.
(b) The man flirts with his wife.
(c) The man kicks his tail.
(d) The man calls him a bad name.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person who thinks Joel's skit is a success?
2. How much does Nat pay his new employee a year?
3. Who does Joel wish he can just sit and talk to like a person?
4. According to the invitation from Miles, what time does the tea end?
5. Who says, "I am a flop"?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)