* Joel Coles, a young screen writer, moves to Hollywood six months ago and is trying to impress studio executives with his work.
* Joel is invited to a party at the house of director Miles Calman.
* Joel makes a promise to himself that he does not drink alcohol because Miles frowns upon drunkenness.
* When Joel arrives at Miles' house, he is pleased to see only two other screenwriters in attendance.
* Miles' wife Stella gives Joel a martini, causing him to break his promise to himself.
* Joel and Stella, who know each other in New York, chat about how everyone in Hollywood is fake.
* Stella introduces Joel to people, making him feel important.
* Joel tells Stella that people do not pay attention to her because they are afraid of her husband.
* Stella begins talking to other guests, and Joel watches to see if she treats them with the same...
This section contains 1,589 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)