Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the issue finally resolved?
2. Of what is Eddie pretty certain about the robberies?
3. Where does Ava meet Eddie again after the night he told her about his jail time?
4. At the meeting, what does Gerry Anderson accuse Ava of doing?
5. What do Ava and Joyce hear while watching Mattie's house?
Essay Topic 1
Gerry Anderson, the minister's wife, is the epitome of self righteous, judgmental behavior.
1. Do you think this statement is true? Why or why not? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Tell about a situation you or someone you know was confronted with a judgmental person.
3. Do you think a person has the right to judge others and tell others how to behave? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
After all the lessons and social commentary throughout the book, the author finishes with the most hopeful one of all: the fact that there are possibilities for new beginnings.
1. What do you think is meant by this statement? Use examples from the text and your own life to support your answer.
2. Describe a new beginning you or someone you know has had. Show how it might relate to the characters in this book.
3. Why do you think beginning a new path in life takes courage? Use examples from the text and your own life to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The minister's wife symbolizes a large part of the nation's population, including a few religious fundamentalists, who think that people bring AIDS on themselves and probably deserve it as payment for immoral behavior.
1. What do you think is meant by this statement? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. If one said that anyone with AIDS deserve it would you think that would mean that people with colon cancer deserved it because they didn't eat enough fiber, or people with liver cancer deserved it from drinking, or people with diabetes deserved it from eating too many sweets, etc.? Explain your reasoning and use examples from the book to support your thinking.
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)