Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the issue finally resolved?
2. Of what is Eddie pretty certain about the robberies?
3. Where does Ava meet Eddie again after the night he told her about his jail time?
4. At the meeting, what does Gerry Anderson accuse Ava of doing?
5. What do Ava and Joyce hear while watching Mattie's house?
Essay Topic 1
The minister's wife symbolizes a large part of the nation's population, including a few religious fundamentalists, who think that people bring AIDS on themselves and probably deserve it as payment for immoral behavior.
1. What do you think is meant by this statement? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. If one said that anyone with AIDS deserve it would you think that would mean that people with colon cancer deserved it because they didn't eat enough fiber, or people with liver cancer deserved it from drinking, or people with diabetes deserved it from eating too many sweets, etc.? Explain your reasoning and use examples from the book to support your thinking.
Essay Topic 2
Joyce asks for the opportunity to address the boys herself. Joyce symbolizes the compassion and understanding that is so lacking in the lives of these kids, whose futures seem dim if they don't receive some sort of positive intervention.
1. What do you think is meant by this statement? Use examples from the text and your own life to support your answer.
2. Do you think compassion is more powerful than punishment in changing a person? Why or why not?
3. If your house was vandalized by kids what would you want to do about it?
Essay Topic 3
Gerry Anderson has told Mattie that taking back the child will also guarantee the young girl the monthly income provided by the foster care system.
1. Do you think mothers who cannot support their children should be supported by the government? Why or why not?
2. If you were a judge who had to decide where Imani should live what would you decide? Why?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)