Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the issue finally resolved?
2. Of what is Eddie pretty certain about the robberies?
3. Where does Ava meet Eddie again after the night he told her about his jail time?
4. At the meeting, what does Gerry Anderson accuse Ava of doing?
5. What do Ava and Joyce hear while watching Mattie's house?
Essay Topic 1
Two themes present themselves in these chapters: adversity and ignorance.
1. Explain what you think this statement means. Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. What do you think are the best ways to change people who are ignorant about social issues? Use examples from the text and your own life to support your answer.
3. Do you think Reverend Anderson's behavior in kicking Joyce from the church room reflects a harmful or helpful attitude on the part of a minister? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Time makes way for the next generation, as evidenced by Johnny Mack's move to the nursing home and the preparation for the Sewing Circus to move into his house.
1. Do you think this older people having to go to nursing homes says anything about how this society views the old? Why or why not?
2. What do you think might be a better alternative than nursing homes for older people?
3. If you had to see one of your parents live in a nursing home how would you feel?
Essay Topic 3
Cleage makes the case for an alternate view on the stereotypes assigned to black people by introducing people like Joyce, Ava and Eddie, whose goodness may be challenged at times but is always at the core of what they do.
1. What do you think is meant by this statement? Use examples from the text and your own life to support your answer.
2. What do you think people can do to not judge others by stereotypes? Use examples from the text and your own life to support your answer.
3. How do you think stereotypes get started and how can they be stopped? Use examples from the text and your own life to support your answer.
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)