|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Joyce on the eve of her wedding?
(a) her father disappeared
(b) her groom died
(c) her mother committed suicide
(d) her sister left the state
2. How many children has Joyce lost?
3. In what place did Ava dream she was walking?
(a) a graveyard
(b) in Eddie's garden
(c) on a beach
(d) her house in Atlanta
4. From whom did Joyce receive a letter in July?
(a) a wealthy uncle
(b) a friend from college
(c) Reverend Anderson
(d) an ex-boyfriend
5. How does Ava get her medicine for the HIV?
(a) she has a doctor in Idlewild
(b) her Atlanta physician phones it in
(c) she gets it from the health department
(d) it is mailed to her
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Joyce's group meet?
2. What was Ava doing with the person in her dream?
3. What does Ava think about the baby's life to come?
4. How did Gerry react to the content of the envelope?
5. Who does Ava talk to about a rash of break-ins that have occurred lately?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the success of the Sewing Circus move Joyce to do?
2. Why has Mattie come to Joyce's house and what happens?
3. Why has Gerry Anderson come over to Joyce's and what is Ava's reaction?
4. What is the goal of the Sewing Circus?
5. How did Joyce's decision to host the Sewing Circus turn out?
6. Who visits Joyce regularly and what do they do?
7. What does Ava do when she gets up and who does she encounter? How does she feel?
8. What do Eddie and Ava do in November?
9. What does Ava think and what does she see when they drop off the young girl and baby?
10. What do Eddie and Ava do after talking and how does Ava feel about it?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)