June, Chapters 1 and 2
• Ava Johnson is a single black woman whose successful business and social life have been devastated by her diagnosis of being HIV positive.
• Ava has lived in Atlanta for ten years and enjoyed the benefits of being a successful black woman in a city known for its opportunities.
• As a hair salon owner, Ava has moved in the circle of people who appreciate style and will pay to possess it.
• Unfortunately, promiscuity is one of the facets of that lifestyle; Ava dislikes this part of her life, not only for the ultimate risk of her health, but also for the less-than-satisfying string of intimate encounters that she is forced to recall.
• Ava sells her salon and plans to move to San Francisco, with a stop on the way to spend time with her sister, Joyce, in Michigan.
• Joyce's mental and emotional state has been precarious...
This section contains 2,913 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)