|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What inspires Lacey to reveal the secret about his son to Willie?
2. What phrase does Willie say is written across the faces of the homeless people in the bus terminal?
3. What finally ends the game between Willie and Jack?
4. According to Willie, how has his loss affected his perspective on life?
5. What is the cause of Lacey's son's brain damage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways in OMLC High School different from a "regular" high school? How are these differences important to the students who attend the school? Provide examples for support.
Essay Topic 2
In what ways does the death of Willie's sister affect each of the members of the Weaver family? How do they each deal with the tragedy, and how does it affect their relationship with one another?
Essay Topic 3
Some of the adults in Willie's life are supportive and nurturing, while others are interfere with his development. Analyze the roles that different adults play in Willie's life, and explain how each of these adults plays a part in his development and his healing.
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)