|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Angel not grateful when Willie comes to her rescue?
2. About what is Jack upset when he bursts into Andre's office?
3. Why does Lacey call Willie by the name "Chief"?
4. What has Willie learned from Lisa about dancing?
5. Where do the boys at OMLC High School get the tuxedos for their graduation ceremony?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A major theme of "The Crazy Horse Electric Game" is dealing with adversity. All of the characters, in one way or another, are faced with challenges. How do the different characters approach adversity, and which of these approaches seem most effective? Why?
Essay Topic 2
One theme of the novel is that growth and maturity are not always a reflection of chronological age. Some characters face their challenges responsibly, and others avoid responsibility altogether. Which characters in the novel reveal themselves to be mature adults in the end, and which characters continue to behave like children? Explain and support with evidence from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Willie's accident and disability actually help him to become a stronger person in the end. What strengths does he discover? How does his sense of self evolve? Be sure to provide textual evidence for support.
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)