|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Willie refuse to leave Lacey's house even after Andre offers to let him sleep at the school?
2. What is Willie's agreement with Andre regarding P.E. class?
3. Why is Willie disappointed when Lacey brings Angel home with him?
4. Who keeps calling Lacey's house and getting him upset?
5. How are Willie and Lacey able to see Lacey's son?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways is Kam, Willie's nemesis, similar to the old Willie Weaver? Provide specific evidence to support your observations.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the ways in which Big Will's interest in his son are narcissistic. In what ways does he rely on his son's accomplishments for his own self-worth? How does this perspective affect his relationship with his son? How does Willie's accident, and later disappearance, affect Big Will's sense of self?
Essay Topic 3
How does Willie's perspective on taking risks develop throughout the novel? What experiences change the way he feels about taking risks?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)