|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What finally ends the game between Willie and Jack?
2. What is the gang leader doing when Willie approaches?
3. Where does Willie stay his first night in Oakland?
4. When does Andre begin rebuilding the school?
5. Who knocks on the door to the downstairs room when Willie is waiting for Hawk and Kato?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Willie's relationship with Jack, aka Telephone Man. How does he feel about him, and in what ways does he become a friend to Jack? Be sure to include specific examples and evidence to support your points.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Willie's accident and disability actually help him to become a stronger person in the end. What strengths does he discover? How does his sense of self evolve? Be sure to provide textual evidence for support.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Oakland, California and Coho, Montana. What experiences is Willie unprepared for upon his arrival in Oakland, and how does he learn to adapt? Provide evidence from the text to support your observations.
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)