|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Willie wearing a sweatshirt with the word LURCH printed on the front?
2. What position does Johnny Rivers play?
3. Why does Marty offer Willie the pill?
4. Why does Big Will want Willie to stop wearing his LURCH and QUASIMODO shirts?
5. What question does Willie ask his father when they are practicing in the back yard?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Willie decide to wait for the bus at the bench even though the gang is there, too.
2. Why do Willie, Petey, and Jenny go to see Mr. Samson?
3. How has Willie's attitude toward Jenny changed since the summer?
4. Why does Willie have such a difficult time cheering for Jenny in the basketball game or celebrating with her afterward?
5. Why does Willie ask the question about Missy while he and his father are practicing in the back yard?
6. Why is Willie disappointed when he realizes that Angel works for Lacey?
7. What suggestion does Cyril Wheat give Willie regarding his dreams?
8. What details make Willie's final play of the Crazy Horse Electric game legendary?
9. How has Willie's family changed since his accident?
10. How does Big Will actually harm Willie in trying to help him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A major theme of "The Crazy Horse Electric Game" is dealing with adversity. All of the characters, in one way or another, are faced with challenges. How do the different characters approach adversity, and which of these approaches seem most effective? Why?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways is Kam, Willie's nemesis, similar to the old Willie Weaver? Provide specific evidence to support your observations.
Essay Topic 3
How does Willie's perspective on taking risks develop throughout the novel? What experiences change the way he feels about taking risks?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)