|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city is Willie's final destination?
(a) San Francisco.
2. What nickname does Johnny Rivers use to refer to Willie?
(a) Wicked Weaver.
(b) Wonderful Willie.
(c) Dream Weaver.
(d) Whistlin' Willie.
3. What advice does Big Will give to Willie regarding his poor pass in the last football game?
(a) "Life is too short to make bad passes."
(b) "Any son of mine will not embarrass me with another poor play like that."
(c) "Always visualize the path the ball should take before you release your throw."
(d) "Never do less than your best just because you're playing an inferior team."
4. At what point did Willie's mother stop fishing with them?
(a) After Willie was born.
(b) When Willie became a teenager.
(c) When Willie's sister was born.
(d) After the death of Willie's sister.
5. How does Willie feel about his meeting with Cyril Wheat?
(a) Willie is not sure how he feels because he is not sure whether he trusts Cyril.
(b) Willie feels completely empty inside and cannot describe his emotions.
(c) Willie resents the fact that Cyril is making him talk and is angry.
(d) Willie is glad that he came and feels relieved to have someone to talk to.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jenny yell and Big Will to "stop it"?
2. Why does Willie have trouble on the racquetball court?
3. What excuse does Big Will give to explain why he pushes Willie so hard?
4. How does Jenny make amends for upsetting her aunt?
5. Where does Willie take Jenny when he wants to try to change their relationship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the topic of the argument that Willie overhears between his parents?
2. Why does Willie have such a difficult time cheering for Jenny in the basketball game or celebrating with her afterward?
3. How does Johnny Rivers react to the news that Willie and Jenny are dating?
4. Why does Big Will suggest to Willie that he savor every moment leading up to the Crazy Horse Electric game?
5. Why does Lacey bring Willie to see his son?
6. How does Petey Shropshire cause Willie to lose control of his anger?
7. How does Willie feel about his job as the manager for the girls' basketball team.
8. Why does Willie complain that "they always tell you things when it's too late"?
9. How does Willie discover that Jenny has developed a romantic relationship with Jeff Rhodes?
10. Why is Willie reluctant to return to school after his accident?
This section contains 1,117 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)