|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cyril ask Willie to do if he has any suicidal thoughts?
(a) Cyril wants Willie to see his family doctor if he has suicidal thoughts.
(b) Cyril wants Willie to call him if his suicidal thoughts get serious.
(c) Cyril wants Willie to tell his parents if he has serious thoughts of suicide.
(d) Cyril wants Willie to call the suicide hotline if he seriously considers suicide.
2. According to Willie's dad, how does a pitcher show respect to a powerful hitter?
(a) By waiting to pitch until the batter is fully prepared.
(b) By walking the powerful batters in order to pitch to a weaker batter.
(c) By always giving the powerful batters his best stuff.
(d) By pushing the powerful batters back off the plate with tough pitches.
3. Why does Cyril tell Willie that he doesn't "do dreams"?
(a) Cyril is joking with Willie, trying to make him feel at ease.
(b) Cyril does not believe that the dreams are important.
(c) Cyril has not completed that part of his therapy training yet.
(d) Cyril admits that he does not understand dream analysis.
4. According to Willie, why does Jenny Blackburn always win when they race each other on bicycles?
(a) She has longer legs and can pedal faster.
(b) She always takes a head start.
(c) She moves the finish line so that she is always the first to cross.
(d) Her bicycle is newer and has more gears.
5. Why does Mr. Weaver want Willie to pay attention to every detail leading up to the game?
(a) He is worried that the Crazy Horse Electric team will be difficult to beat.
(b) He is worried that Willie is not really focused on the game.
(c) He wants Willie to have a strong memory to rely on, like his own memory of the Rose Bowl game.
(d) He has a feeling that something is going to go wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused the death of Willie's sister?
2. What promise does Cyril make to Willie at the end of Chapter 7?
3. Why does Willie have trouble on the racquetball court?
4. Why does Willie have trouble asking Jenny to be his girlfriend?
5. Why does Willie agree to try racquetball even though he feels like he might be setting himself up for another failure?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)