|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first to find Willie's sister when she died?
(a) Mrs. Weaver.
(b) Mr. Weaver.
(d) The neighbor, Mrs. Burke.
2. Ever since his accident, how does Willie feel when people smile at him?
(a) It makes him laugh since he knows they are only smiling because they are uncomfortable.
(b) He appreciates their efforts to comfort and understand him.
(c) It makes him sad, but he tries to hold back the tears.
(d) It makes him angry because he feels like they are showing him pity.
3. How long has Mr. Samson's rose logo been on his shop's sign?
(a) Fourty-two years.
(b) Twenty-eight years.
(c) Thirty-four years.
(d) Over Fifty years.
4. What does Cyril Wheat's T-shirt say?
(a) You Look As If You Think I Care.
(b) If You Can Read This, Turn Me Over.
(c) I'm With Stupid.
(d) Gay Vegetarian Nazis for Jesus.
5. How has Willie changed over the twelve months before the novel begins?
(a) He has learned to appreciate the gifts he has been given.
(b) He has learned that there is more to life than baseball.
(c) His voice has become squeaky and his face is full of acne.
(d) He has gotten bigger, stronger, and better.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Willie ask his father when they are practicing in the back yard?
2. What does Willie think would improve his parents' relationship?
3. Why does Willie not want to take the sleep medication that his doctor has prescribed?
4. When do Wilie and his father take an evening motorcycle ride?
5. What kind of program brings Cyril Wheat to Coho, Montana?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)