|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Willie not want Jenny Blackburn to call him a baseball hero?
(a) He wants her to call him "boyfriend" instead.
(b) It is football season now, not baseball season.
(c) He is being modest and does not want to call attention to himself.
(d) He is embarrassed about the way that the last game turned out.
2. What detail about their baseball caps do Willie and his friends want Mr. Samson to change?
(a) They want him to change the color.
(b) They want him to buy a lighter-weight cap.
(c) They want him to buy a more comfortable style.
(d) They want him to change the rose logo.
3. What does Willie take with him when he leaves school?
(a) His books.
(b) His tape recorder.
(c) A towel from the locker room.
(d) His cane.
4. In what way has Willie's accident affected the way that he views Marty?
(a) Willie used to think that Marty was cool, but now he sees that he is a loser.
(b) He used to think that Marty was a loser, but now he admires his confidence.
(c) Willie has always been curious about Marty, but now he does not care.
(d) Willie never payed any attention to Marty before and did not know anything about him.
5. Why is Willie so devastated by his parents' fight?
(a) His parents often fight, but never about him.
(b) He realizes now that his mother was responsible for his sister's death.
(c) He is hurt by the things that they have said about him.
(d) He has never heard his parents fight, especially this fiercely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Willie and his father wear helmets when they ride the motorcycle?
2. How does Johnny react when he discovers that Marty has given drugs to Willie?
3. What does Willie give to Jenny as a sign of their newly romantic relationship?
4. Why does Mrs. Weaver blame Big Will for the family's problems?
5. Why does Big Will want Willie to stop wearing his LURCH and QUASIMODO shirts?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)