|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Big Will give to Willie regarding his poor pass in the last football game?
(a) "Always visualize the path the ball should take before you release your throw."
(b) "Any son of mine will not embarrass me with another poor play like that."
(c) "Never do less than your best just because you're playing an inferior team."
(d) "Life is too short to make bad passes."
2. How does Petey punish Johnny for telling jokes with bad puns?
(a) He dumps a bucket of baseballs on his head.
(b) He throws dirt at him from the infield.
(c) He has everyone sit and refuse to play until Johnny stops.
(d) He hoses him with cold water.
3. Who joins Willie's family on the trip to the lake?
(a) Johnny Rivers and Jenny Blackburn.
(b) Johnny Rivers and Petey Shropshire.
(c) Petey Shropshire and Jenny Blackburn.
(d) Max Craig and Jenny Blackburn.
4. What is Willie's first mistake of the Crazy Horse Electric game?
(a) He throws a pitch in the dirt.
(b) He walks Sal Whitworth.
(c) He hits a batter, which puts a runner on base.
(d) He throws a wild pitch, and a runner advances from first to second base.
5. What advice has the doctor given Willie about how he can get his body to work right again?
(a) He says to use it and see how much mobility he can regain.
(b) He says that nothing he does will help him return to normal.
(c) He tells him to try yoga and meditation as a therapy.
(d) He offers Willie a series of medications that can help him improve his balance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Petey Shropshire stay close to the adults in the school?
2. Why do Willie and his father NOT grab the fish that they see in the water hole?
3. Why does Willie take it easy in practice?
4. What causes Sal Whitworth to make mistakes?
5. What observation does Jenny make about Willie's parents?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)