|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Petey Shropshire manage to get on base as often as he does?
(a) He is small and crouches down so that his strike zone is small, so pitchers walk him.
(b) He is a powerful hitter with a high batting average.
(c) He irritates the pitchers until they hit him with a pitch.
(d) He is not very powerful, but he is able to hit the ball into the gaps between fielders.
2. What is special about this trip to Salmon Lake?
(a) They are celebrating Willie's birthday.
(b) It is the first trip out in Big Will's new boat.
(c) It is Mrs. Weaver's first trip to the lake since the death of Willie's sister.
(d) It is the last weekend of the summer that they will be able to get to the lake.
3. How does Cyril Wheat explain Willie's feelings toward Jenny?
(a) It is just a normal part of Willie adjusting to the changes in his life.
(b) Willie has no right to feel angry with her and he should learn to change.
(c) Deep down, Willie knows that she does not care for him the same way.
(d) Willie probably does not care for Jenny as much as he thinks he does.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 6, how much time has passed since Willie's accident?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Eight weeks.
(c) Four months.
(d) Three months.
5. Why does Mr. Weaver want Willie to pay attention to every detail leading up to the game?
(a) He is worried that Willie is not really focused on the game.
(b) He is worried that the Crazy Horse Electric team will be difficult to beat.
(c) He wants Willie to have a strong memory to rely on, like his own memory of the Rose Bowl game.
(d) He has a feeling that something is going to go wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jenny yell and Big Will to "stop it"?
2. According to Willie, why does Jenny Blackburn always win when they race each other on bicycles?
3. How does Johnny react when he discovers that Marty has given drugs to Willie?
4. How does Jenny make amends for upsetting her aunt?
5. What causes Willie to sink to the floor of the racquetball court and begin sobbing?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)