|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Willie have trouble on the racquetball court?
(a) He feels like too many people are watching him.
(b) His father keeps hitting the ball too far away from him.
(c) He cannot see the ball as it comes toward him.
(d) He cannot control his body or his reaction time.
2. What causes Sal Whitworth to make mistakes?
(a) His poor eyesight.
(b) His inflated ego.
(c) His insecurity about his weight.
(d) His hot temper.
3. Why does Mr. Weaver want Willie to pay attention to every detail leading up to the game?
(a) He is worried that Willie is not really focused on the game.
(b) He is worried that the Crazy Horse Electric team will be difficult to beat.
(c) He wants Willie to have a strong memory to rely on, like his own memory of the Rose Bowl game.
(d) He has a feeling that something is going to go wrong.
4. What question does Willie ask his father when they are practicing in the back yard?
(a) Willie wants to know how to get past Sal Whitworth.
(b) Willie wants to know if he can drive the motorcycle sometime soon.
(c) Willie wants to know if his sister was a planned baby or an accident.
(d) Willie wants to know if his father will be proud of him even if they lose the game.
5. What evidence does Jenny give to her aunt to prove that the woman on the religious channel is not really crying?
(a) The woman's makeup remains perfect.
(b) She says, "when people cry for real, there's snot," but the woman does not produce snot when she cries.
(c) The woman goes from a sobbing to singing without pausing.
(d) She says that even though the woman is sobbing, she is not producing tears.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Willie changed over the twelve months before the novel begins?
2. Why does Willie feel sad when he is sitting with Jenny at the party?
3. Why is Willie wearing a sweatshirt with the word LURCH printed on the front?
4. How does Willie feel as he watches Jenny play basketball?
5. To what does Cyril compare Willie's accident?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)