|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Johnny Rivers convince the English teacher to let him tell his joke?
(a) He tells her that it is really funny.
(b) He tells her that he has been thinking of writing a book and wants help with his idea.
(c) He does not ask; he just begins to tell the story.
(d) The class is talking about verbal irony, so Johnny's story fits right in.
2. How does Willie retaliate after Sal Whitworth hits Johnny?
(a) He refuses to pitch to Sal.
(b) He drives a hard fastball into Sal's toe.
(c) He charges off the mound and tackles Sal to the ground.
(d) He aims a high fastball right at Sal's head.
3. Why does Jenny yell and Big Will to "stop it"?
(a) He is trying to grab for Willie while she is performing CPR.
(b) She wants him to catch the boat, which is slowly idling away from them.
(c) He is sobbing uncontrollably.
(d) He is banging his head against the side of the boat.
4. Why does Willie wish he had known how to perform CPR when he was twelve?
(a) Maybe he would not be afraid of the water.
(b) He could have saved his sister.
(c) He would be much more confident about performing the procedure if he had those years of practice.
(d) He could have been a lifeguard at the pool.
5. What evidence does Jenny give to her aunt to prove that the woman on the religious channel is not really crying?
(a) The woman goes from a sobbing to singing without pausing.
(b) She says that even though the woman is sobbing, she is not producing tears.
(c) She says, "when people cry for real, there's snot," but the woman does not produce snot when she cries.
(d) The woman's makeup remains perfect.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Johnny laugh when Willie threatens to give him a nosebleed?
2. According to Willie, why does Jenny Blackburn always win when they race each other on bicycles?
3. What causes Willie's accident?
4. What question does Willie ask his father when they are practicing in the back yard?
5. What is Willie's first mistake of the Crazy Horse Electric game?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)