|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Willie doing as he is rushed to the hospital?
(a) He is mumbling incoherently and staring out of the window.
(b) He is holding his head and whimpering in pain.
(c) He is lying unconscious in the back seat with Jenny and his mother.
(d) He is protesting that he is not hurt and does not need to go.
2. How does Willie retaliate after Sal Whitworth hits Johnny?
(a) He aims a high fastball right at Sal's head.
(b) He charges off the mound and tackles Sal to the ground.
(c) He refuses to pitch to Sal.
(d) He drives a hard fastball into Sal's toe.
3. Why does Petey Shropshire stay close to the adults in the school?
(a) He struggles in school and needs extra help from all of his teachers.
(b) He has found that if he helps the teachers out, they give him better grades.
(c) He does not get along with others his own age and prefers the company of adults.
(d) He is a victim of bullies and stays close to adults for protection.
4. Why does Johnny laugh when Willie threatens to give him a nosebleed?
(a) Johnny has been slapped around by Sal Whitworth, so he is not scared of a nosebleed.
(b) He is pleased that he has upset Willie.
(c) He does not belive that Willie is fast enough to catch him.
(d) He thinks that the thought of Willie hitting someone is funny.
5. How does Big Will react to Willie's attempt to defend Johnny Rivers?
(a) He is disappointed and gives Willie a disgusted look.
(b) He is surprised and looks at the coach to see if someone told Willie to do it.
(c) He gives Willie a thums-up and motions for him to get back to pitching.
(d) He understands and gives Willie a knowing wink.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Willie not want Jenny Blackburn to call him a baseball hero?
2. What does Johnny Rivers do in the bottom of the fifth inning in order to highlight the strength of Willie's pitching?
3. What causes Willie's accident?
4. What evidence does Jenny give to her aunt to prove that the woman on the religious channel is not really crying?
5. What is wrong with Wilie's final pitch in the Crazy Horse Electric game?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)