|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Willie's accident?
(a) His ski falls off and hits him on top of the head when it flies up out of the water.
(b) The toe of the ski is caught under a wave and then flips back up to hit him in the forehead.
(c) He loses his balance and the ski hits him in the back of the head when he falls forward.
(d) He hits debris in the water and it flips up into his face.
2. How long does Willie hide out before he finds the courage to leave his house?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) One month.
3. Who was the first to find Willie's sister when she died?
(a) Mr. Weaver.
(c) Mrs. Weaver.
(d) The neighbor, Mrs. Burke.
4. Why does Willie wish he had known how to perform CPR when he was twelve?
(a) He would be much more confident about performing the procedure if he had those years of practice.
(b) Maybe he would not be afraid of the water.
(c) He could have saved his sister.
(d) He could have been a lifeguard at the pool.
5. How does the crowd react to the end of the Crazy Horse Electric game?
(a) They immediately jump to their feet and cheer.
(b) They politely applaud both teams' efforts.
(c) Some fans cheer, but others groan.
(d) At first they are stunned into silence, but then they erupt into cheers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johnny Rivers do in the bottom of the fifth inning in order to highlight the strength of Willie's pitching?
2. What advice has the doctor given Willie about how he can get his body to work right again?
3. Why does Willie's mom warn him about "fast things"?
4. Why do Willie and his father NOT grab the fish that they see in the water hole?
5. What evidence does Jenny give to her aunt to prove that the woman on the religious channel is not really crying?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)