|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What observation does Jenny make about Willie's parents?
(a) She has noticed that they walk more slowly than they used to.
(b) She notices that they do not look directly at one another anymore.
(c) She says that they seem sad even when they are laughing.
(d) She says that they really love each other, and she wants her marriage to be like that.
2. How long does Willie hide out before he finds the courage to leave his house?
(a) One month.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two weeks.
3. Who was the first to find Willie's sister when she died?
(a) The neighbor, Mrs. Burke.
(b) Mr. Weaver.
(d) Mrs. Weaver.
4. Why does Willie feel sad when he is sitting with Jenny at the party?
(a) He is jealous of her because she still has all of her athletic ability.
(b) He is sad that she will spend the rest of her life with a "cripple."
(c) He is no longer interested in her, but does not know how to tell her.
(d) He knows that eventually she will lose interest in him and leave him.
5. What is special about this trip to Salmon Lake?
(a) It is the first trip out in Big Will's new boat.
(b) They are celebrating Willie's birthday.
(c) It is Mrs. Weaver's first trip to the lake since the death of Willie's sister.
(d) It is the last weekend of the summer that they will be able to get to the lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what point did Willie's mother stop fishing with them?
2. Why does Willie run in the morning before sunrise?
3. How does the relationship between Jenny and Willie change from a friendship to a romantic relationship?
4. Why does Willie's mom warn him about "fast things"?
5. Why does Mr. Walker ask Willie to be the team-manager for girls' basketball?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)