|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Petey Shropshire manage to get on base as often as he does?
(a) He irritates the pitchers until they hit him with a pitch.
(b) He is a powerful hitter with a high batting average.
(c) He is not very powerful, but he is able to hit the ball into the gaps between fielders.
(d) He is small and crouches down so that his strike zone is small, so pitchers walk him.
2. According to Willie, why does Jenny Blackburn always win when they race each other on bicycles?
(a) She moves the finish line so that she is always the first to cross.
(b) She has longer legs and can pedal faster.
(c) She always takes a head start.
(d) Her bicycle is newer and has more gears.
3. Why does Johnny laugh when Willie threatens to give him a nosebleed?
(a) He thinks that the thought of Willie hitting someone is funny.
(b) He does not belive that Willie is fast enough to catch him.
(c) He is pleased that he has upset Willie.
(d) Johnny has been slapped around by Sal Whitworth, so he is not scared of a nosebleed.
4. Who joins Willie's family on the trip to the lake?
(a) Johnny Rivers and Jenny Blackburn.
(b) Petey Shropshire and Jenny Blackburn.
(c) Johnny Rivers and Petey Shropshire.
(d) Max Craig and Jenny Blackburn.
5. Ever since his accident, how does Willie feel when people smile at him?
(a) He appreciates their efforts to comfort and understand him.
(b) It makes him laugh since he knows they are only smiling because they are uncomfortable.
(c) It makes him angry because he feels like they are showing him pity.
(d) It makes him sad, but he tries to hold back the tears.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the umpire respond after Sal Whitworth hits Johnny?
2. When do Wilie and his father take an evening motorcycle ride?
3. Why do the other kids at Johnny's party not drink the beer that Marty and his friends bring?
4. Where has Jenny Blackburn been for the two weeks before school begins?
5. How does Johnny react when he discovers that Marty has given drugs to Willie?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)