|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willie like about Kato?
(a) Kato defends him against the kids' teasing.
(b) He seems genuinely interested in Willie as a person.
(c) His sense of humor reminds Willie of Johnny Rivers.
(d) Kato is serious about school and improving his life.
2. How long does Willie hide out before he finds the courage to leave his house?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One month.
(d) Six weeks.
3. How are Willie and Lacey able to see Lacey's son?
(a) They sign in at the visitor's desk and claim to be distant relatives.
(b) They sneak through the service entrance.
(c) They get special permission from the judge.
(d) They climb over the hospital fence and peek in the window.
4. Why does Willie feel sad when he is sitting with Jenny at the party?
(a) He is no longer interested in her, but does not know how to tell her.
(b) He knows that eventually she will lose interest in him and leave him.
(c) He is sad that she will spend the rest of her life with a "cripple."
(d) He is jealous of her because she still has all of her athletic ability.
5. Why does Willie run in the morning before sunrise?
(a) It is safer for him to run when there are fewer cars on the roads.
(b) He needs to run early so that he is not late for school.
(c) He does not want anyone to see how difficult and awkward running is for him.
(d) He hopes to run into Jenny while he is out since she runs early, too.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city is Willie's bus delayed?
2. Why do the Jo Boys attack Willie?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 6, how much time has passed since Willie's accident?
4. Why do the other kids at Johnny's party not drink the beer that Marty and his friends bring?
5. What causes Willie to experience the odd dream about Promontory Point and the Crazy Horse Electric game?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)