|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is the reward for catching the robbers?
2. Hector and Mando see two cute girls doing what at the mall?
3. What does Julio tell the boys to do after dinner?
4. Hector and Mando can best be described as ________________.
5. Why does Hector not order dessert at dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the group have dinner and why are the boys told to order light?
2. What qualities and experiences do Hector and Mando have that allow them to survive the encounter with the robbers?
3. Describe what the boys do when they walk around the mall for awhile after dinner.
4. Why does Vicky apologize to the boys again and what do she and the boys do at the apartment that takes all night?
5. What reward will Julio and the boys get for catching the robbers and how do they plan to spend it?
6. What does Hector do in Julio's apartment that makes the boys more vulnerable?
7. How are Freddie and Huey in conflict about what to do to the boys?
8. How does Hector react when he hears Freddie's creepy voice on the answering machine?
9. How are Hector and Mando finally able to capture and tie up the robbers?
10. How does Julio turn into the stereotype of the typical Latin male?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for the characters' lives. Where will they be living? Will Julio be married to Vicky? What other changes do your foresee? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the book's title. What does the author mean by calling it simply CRAZY WEEKEND? What is he trying to emphasize with this emphatic style? Suggest three alternate titles for this book with supporting rationale for each one.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of struggle. Identify at least two instances about struggle in the book and then cite examples to support your answers.
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)