|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hector and Mando see two cute girls doing what at the mall?
2. What happens to Julio's car on the way to dinner?
3. Where is Uncle Julio going to take the boys when they finish at the mall?
4. Who does Freddie blame for his predicament?
5. What does Julio ask the boys when he learns that the robbers have located them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Dr. Femur and how do Hector and Mando meet him?
2. What does Dr. Femur represent in the story and what is the author saying about his work on the robbers and then the minimal work on the boys?
3. Where does the group have dinner and why are the boys told to order light?
4. What reward will Julio and the boys get for catching the robbers and how do they plan to spend it?
5. Describe what the boys do when they walk around the mall for awhile after dinner.
6. How does Hector react when he hears Freddie's creepy voice on the answering machine?
7. What qualities and experiences do Hector and Mando have that allow them to survive the encounter with the robbers?
8. What do Hector and Mando do to prevent Freddie and Huey from coming up the stairs to the apartment?
9. How are Freddie and Huey in conflict about what to do to the boys?
10. Why does Vicky apologize to the boys again and what do she and the boys do at the apartment that takes all night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the author say about Japanese-American culture in the book? What qualities do Mr. Inouye and Mr. Kanzaki exhibit that are typical of Japanese people? Does the author do a good job of presenting the Japanese-Americans in a positive light?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the book's title. What does the author mean by calling it simply CRAZY WEEKEND? What is he trying to emphasize with this emphatic style? Suggest three alternate titles for this book with supporting rationale for each one.
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for the characters' lives. Where will they be living? Will Julio be married to Vicky? What other changes do your foresee? Explain.
This section contains 1,141 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)