|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe Vicky's house?
2. How long have Freddie and Huey been waiting out in front of Julio's apartment?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 90 minutes.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 40 minutes.
3. What do Hector and Mando position at the stairwell?
(a) Three jugs of fabric softener.
(b) An aquarium full of marbles and water.
(c) Open cans of motor oil.
(d) Pots of boiling spaghetti.
4. Why is Julio going to Vicky's house after he drops off the boys?
(a) To fix her leaky faucet.
(b) To be interviewed for an article.
(c) To listen to music.
(d) To have a glass of wine.
5. What is Julio's reaction when Julio hears that the robbers have located him and the boys?
(a) He calls the police.
(b) He remains calm.
(c) He freaks out.
(d) He faints.
6. Who is the third person who comes in and is unexpectedly punched out by Hector?
(b) Mr. Inouye.
(c) Dr. Femur.
(d) Uncle Julio.
7. Freddie says he had the right to rob the truck because _____________________.
(a) he used to work for that company.
(b) it is a free country.
(c) he likes to take risks.
(d) he is broke.
8. What is Vicky's last name?
9. What does Uncle Julio find in his closet?
(a) Bowling balls.
(b) Croquet set.
(c) An umbrella.
(d) A phone.
10. How many windows were broken in Julio's apartment?
11. What comes first in Julio's priorities?
(a) His sexual needs.
(b) His work.
(c) Hector and Mando.
(d) His home.
12. What does Julio tell Hector and Mando about Vicky?
(a) He is going to marry her.
(b) She is not as pretty as he remembered.
(c) She asked to borrow some money.
(d) She must have family money.
13. Why is Julio's landlord's nephew in prison?
(a) For forgery.
(b) For robbing a bank.
(c) For stealing a car.
(d) For mail fraud.
14. What is Julio's landlord doing when Julio and the boys return home?
(a) Painting the house.
(b) Tuning his car.
(c) Raking leaves.
(d) Taking out trash.
15. Hector says there are laws against _______________.
(a) kidnapping minors.
(b) carrying a concealed weapon.
(c) hurting minors.
(d) creating a disturbance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What store do Hector and Mando go to in the mall?
2. Why are Hector and Mando in big trouble if the robbers come after them?
3. What does Julio think this might be his last evening to do?
4. The author makes the point that stealing is okay in what circumstances?
5. What makes the police happy when they arrive at Julio's apartment?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)