|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why have the boys not told Uncle Julio about the newspaper column?
(a) They are afraid he will be mad.
(b) They think he will be jealous.
(c) He cannot read.
(d) They want to surprise him.
2. What do Julio and the boys see as they get in Julio's car at the farm?
(a) A hawk circling overhead.
(b) A cherry picker in action.
(c) A sinister-looking car.
(d) A police car.
3. What is the name of the newspaper column that Hector and Mando's story appears in?
(a) Local Happenings.
(b) Today's Youth.
(c) About Town.
(d) Fresno's Future.
4. What does Vicky tell Julio when she calls his apartment?
(a) The robbers have called to get Julio's address.
(b) The robbers have been caught.
(c) The story ran a week too early.
(d) The robbers have been spotted in Julio's neighborhood.
5. Which of the following cities is NOT a place Hector and Mando wanted to visit?
6. What does Huey do when Freddie says they will go to prison if they don't get rid of the car?
(a) He grins.
(b) He screams.
(c) He cries.
(d) He curses.
7. The event in #19 has taken place in the area of ________________.
(a) Fresno Boulevard.
(b) Ocean Shore Drive.
(c) Main Street.
(d) Central Avenue.
8. Who eventually steals the stolen car?
(a) A girl and boy.
(b) A man and woman.
(c) A couple of boys.
(d) An old man.
9. What is revealed about the truck robbery in Julio's photos?
(a) The time of day of the robbery.
(b) The identity of the robbers.
(c) The license plate number of the robbers' car.
(d) The identity of the bomber.
10. What is the meaning of "blood brother"?
(a) War buddy.
(c) Natural brother.
(d) Best friend.
11. What does Julio tell Hector and Mando to comfort them?
(a) He is going to let them go home early.
(b) He is going to take them to a baseball game.
(c) No one is coming after them.
(d) They can sleep somewhere else tonight.
12. Which of the following is NOT one of the assaults on Julio's car?
(a) Cracked window glass.
(b) Crushed driver's side.
(c) Smeared streaks of paint on the car.
(d) Dead battery.
13. What grade are Hector and Mando in at school?
14. One of the robbers is named ___________________.
(a) Freddie Bork.
(b) Flip Bronstein.
(c) Fritz Brown.
(d) Frank Borden.
15. What state are Julio and the boys in after their car is hit?
Short Answer Questions
1. What else does Uncle Julio take photos of while in the air?
2. Why does Freddie want to break into Julio's apartment?
3. What information does Stewart give to Freddie and Huey?
4. What type of car does Huey say he wants to steal?
5. What month is it when the story begins?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)