|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does God say that Christians should seek to befriend?
2. How does Chan suggest each person learn God's will for his/her life?
3. What characterized Clara's life?
4. What does Chan say that modern Christians like to do?
5. How long does the average American spend watching television daily?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can sometimes happen to humble people when they begin to receive praise for work they are doing for God?
2. What choice did Cornerstone Church make when they were building a new sanctuary?
3. Describe Clara.
4. Why does Chan find it embarrassing when he goes to buy for the needy?
5. What is mossy foot?
6. What does Chan say that our actions on Earth show?
7. What point does Chan make about people's willingness to submit to God in this chapter?
8. What comparison does Chan use to illustrate a person trying to run toward God?
9. What does Chan suggest individuals do to determine the way God wants them to live their lives?
10. In what ways was Yun tortured while he was in jail?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Chan's use of the example of the "movie of life" in his book. What impact is he hoping to make on the reader by his reference to this movie? Does his use of this imagery work?
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between loving one's enemies and loving one's friends? What impact can loving one's enemies make on the world?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the characteristics of God as defined by Chan in the first chapter of his book.
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)