|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can people do to make an impact on others?
2. Where did Chan go to share his faith?
3. What does Chan challenge his readers to do for a whole day?
4. What must a Christian do after he/she is convicted?
5. What sin did Abraham commit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the role of the Holy Spirit?
2. What does Chan suggest individuals do to determine the way God wants them to live their lives?
3. What question was Chan asked in college that affected him deeply?
4. What comparison does Chan use to illustrate a person trying to run toward God?
5. Why does Chan write that he was uneasy about writing Chapter 5?
6. What does Chan say in this chapter is one of the reasons that he wrote this book?
7. What was extremely ironic about the idea that Junio's mother tried to abort him?
8. Describe Clara.
9. What does Chan hope will come from sharing the stories of faith in his book?
10. What is mossy foot?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the characteristics of a lukewarm Christian.
Essay Topic 2
In his novel, Chan says that the biggest mistake a person can make in life is not being good at and spending time doing the things that matter the most. What types of things was Chan referring to? Do you agree with his opinion? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What is the difference between loving one's enemies and loving one's friends? What impact can loving one's enemies make on the world?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)