|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Abraham offer as a sacrifice?
2. What must a Christian do after he/she is convicted?
3. Who was in the Nike commercial that Chan mentions?
4. What does God want His children to do?
5. To what does love lead?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one reason that God creates us all differently?
2. What does Chan suggest individuals do to determine the way God wants them to live their lives?
3. What does Chan tell those reading his book that they must choose between?
4. Why does Chan write that he was uneasy about writing Chapter 5?
5. What can sometimes happen to humble people when they begin to receive praise for work they are doing for God?
6. In what ways was Yun tortured while he was in jail?
7. What do people who live by faith often do?
8. What is the definition of obsession?
9. What does Rings do with his monthly paycheck?
10. Why type of giving is worth nothing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 2 Chan warns his readers that they might not finish that chapter because life can be ended quickly and without warning. How did this statement make you feel? Did it encourage you to live differently? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Consider Chan's instructions in his first chapter for his reader to stop praying. What were your thoughts about this statement when you first read it? What do you think about it now that you have finished the book? Do you understand more completely why he made this suggestion? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What is the difference between loving one's enemies and loving one's friends? What impact can loving one's enemies make on the world?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)