|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chan believe is causing his heart palpitations?
2. What does God command us to do in life?
3. How long does God suggest our lives are in comparison to God's?
4. How does God measure our lives?
5. In John's description of God's throne room, how many wings do the four unusual beings have?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways does Chan indicate that people who join the Marines are different from those who become Christians?
2. Why does Chan believe God created such diversity in the world?
3. Do even good Christians show characteristics of lukewarm Christians?
4. How does Chan learn that he does not have to fear failing God?
5. Why does Chan believe that many people have trouble understanding the love of God?
6. What does Chan say about the financial situation of many people in America?
7. What are two ways that humans can respond to their own lack of control over their lives?
8. Why does Chan believe his father disliked him?
9. Why does Chan suggest that Jesus taught his followers in parables?
10. How does Chan back up his assertion that lukewarm people do not live by faith?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the characteristics of a lukewarm Christian.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the characteristics of God as defined by Chan in the first chapter of his book.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay based on one of the stories Chan included in Chapter 9 of his book. Why did you like this particular story? What did it stand out from the other stories?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)