|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much are lukewarm Christians willing to do?
2. Why does Chan say that his reader might not finish Chapter 2?
3. What can we not do to God's greatness?
4. What is the "first and greatest commandment"?
5. Who can we not fool about who we really are?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Chan say that the questions of many people who claim to be believers in Christ about what they can get away with and still be saved are tragic?
2. Why does Chan include the example of Stan and Brooke in this chapter?
3. Describe the type of love that lukewarm Christians have for others.
4. Describe Chan's relationship with his earthly father.
5. Do even good Christians show characteristics of lukewarm Christians?
6. What are some of the differences between John and Isaiah's descriptions of God?
7. What two different types of people does Chan believe there are in the world?
8. How does Chan learn that he does not have to fear failing God?
9. What does Chan say about the financial situation of many people in America?
10. What surprises some Christians, according to Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In his novel, Chan says that the biggest mistake a person can make in life is not being good at and spending time doing the things that matter the most. What types of things was Chan referring to? Do you agree with his opinion? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the things that people of the world think about Christians when they start to follow the principals of God? Explain your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast a lukewarm and an obsessed Christian. Do all Christians show some characteristics of both these types of believers at one time or another? Give reasons for your answer.
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)