|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action allows Christians not to have to worry about a burdensome load of commandments?
(a) Feeling guilty.
2. What sin did Abraham commit?
(a) He lied.
(b) He stole.
(c) He committed murder.
(d) He committed adultery.
3. What does Chan say that modern Christians like to do?
(a) Confuse unbelievers.
(b) Trust in God.
(c) Play it safe.
(d) Live by faith.
4. When is true joy formed?
(a) In our happiest times.
(b) When we get paid.
(c) In our most difficult situations.
(d) When we eat.
5. How does God command us to treat our enemies?
(a) With anger.
(b) An eye for an eye.
(c) With love.
(d) With retaliation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the members of the first church not do after they hear Paul's sermon on Pentecost?
2. What does God want us to expect in return when we give?
3. What type of life does God want us to have?
4. For how long were the three martyrs tortured?
5. How long was Jamie in the country in #148?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some characteristics of true love?
2. What choice did Cornerstone Church make when they were building a new sanctuary?
3. According to information in this chapter what should drive a Christian?
4. What is the definition of obsession?
5. What point does Chan make about people's willingness to submit to God in this chapter?
6. What comparison does Chan use to illustrate a person trying to run toward God?
7. What does Chan hope will come from sharing the stories of faith in his book?
8. What question was Chan asked in college that affected him deeply?
9. What does Chan suggest individuals do to determine the way God wants them to live their lives?
10. Why does Chan write that he was uneasy about writing Chapter 5?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)