|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If we want to love others, what should we do?
(a) Pursue God.
(b) Give up sin.
(c) Love ourselves.
(d) Force our feelings.
2. What type of life does God want us to have?
(a) No life.
(b) A short life.
(c) A full life.
(d) An empty life.
3. What does Chan say once kept him from obeying God's will entirely?
(a) Lack of direction.
4. What doesn't negatively affect a person's giving?
5. Where did Chan go to share his faith?
(c) Downtown Chicago.
(d) Downtown Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Paul's time, what organ was the seat of the emotions?
2. When should we rejoice in God?
3. Which character in the faith hall of fame had evil children?
4. What is not a characteristic of the American Dream?
5. What ought to be our business of every day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some characteristics of true love?
2. What can sometimes happen to humble people when they begin to receive praise for work they are doing for God?
3. What does Chan tell those reading his book that they must choose between?
4. What does Chan say that our actions on Earth show?
5. What point does Chan make about people's willingness to submit to God in this chapter?
6. What does Chan suggest individuals do to determine the way God wants them to live their lives?
7. What comparison does Chan use to illustrate a person trying to run toward God?
8. In what ways was Yun tortured while he was in jail?
9. What question was Chan asked in college that affected him deeply?
10. What do people who live by faith often do?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)