|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is not one of the reasons that lukewarm people feel secure?
(a) They come from a family of non-believers.
(b) They have been baptized.
(c) They vote Republican.
(d) They live in America.
2. Why doesn't Chan see a doctor?
(a) He believes God will heal him.
(b) He's stubborn.
(c) He doesn't have insurance.
(d) It's too expensive.
3. What does Chan learn about his existence in respect to God?
(a) It is intentional.
(b) It is unnecessary.
(c) It is random.
(d) It is accidental.
4. What does God command us to do in life?
(a) Stress over our ministry.
(b) Pretend our lives will never end.
(c) Rejoice always.
(d) Worry about bills.
5. What is the ultimate reality for all people?
(a) Old age.
(b) Lack of Control.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chan's analogy, what is God the size of?
2. With what medical condition does Chan say he suffers?
3. How much are lukewarm Christians willing to do?
4. What sorrows lukewarm people the most?
5. What does John say God looks like on His throne?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Chan believe that many people have trouble understanding the love of God?
2. What does Chan say about the financial situation of many people in America?
3. What question does Chan ask his readers at the end of Chapter 3?
4. How does Chan back up his assertion that lukewarm people do not live by faith?
5. Why does Chan believe God created such diversity in the world?
6. What are the five characteristics of God that Chan lists in chapter one?
7. Describe the type of love that lukewarm Christians have for others.
8. Why does Chan say that the questions of many people who claim to be believers in Christ about what they can get away with and still be saved are tragic?
9. Why does Chan say he felt all right about giving God leftovers for several years?
10. What are the four creatures at the throne repeating?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)