Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book4, Part 4 : Chapter 2, Chapters 21 & 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Custer become a Major General?
(a) May, 1864.
(b) September, 1864.
(c) January, 1865.
(d) July, 1863.
2. What are the Lance Owners?
(a) Cheyenne warriors.
(b) A Sioux society.
(d) A tribal nickname.
3. What is Pennsylvania Dutch?
(a) Dutch immigrants who first settled in Pennsylvania.
(b) Dutch immigrants from the Rhineland.
(c) Dutch immigrants from Germany.
(d) German immigrants from the Rhineland.
4. In Chapter 3, what aspect of Sioux life would Claude Levi-Strauss, a French anthropologist, have called the "science of the concrete"?
(a) Animals as teachers.
5. Who wrote to Custer, "...I had to weep for joy that the recollection was sweet in your memory"?
(a) His mother.
(b) His first girlfriend, Mary.
(c) His sister, Lydia.
(d) His wife, Libbie.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter12, how many times a year might Crazy Horse go on a buffalo hunt?
2. In the last five months of 1866, how many times did the Sioux attack Fort Phil Kearny?
3. What weapon was Crazy Horse carrying at Little Bighorn?
4. How many times during their lives did Crazy Horse and Custer come in contact with each other?
5. Carrington read the Bible every morning in what languages?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)