Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 3 : Chapter 2, Custer & Crazy Horse both on the Plains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 9, what white man does Crazy Horse develop a friendship with?
(a) Caspar Collins.
(b) Jedidiah Smith.
(c) Joseph Smith.
(d) William O. Collins.
2. What nickname did Crazy Horse go by as a child?
(c) Little Warrior.
(d) Crazy Horse.
3. In 1854, who owned the trading house near Fort Laramie?
(a) Jim Bordeaux.
(b) Henry Hawk.
(c) Francis Parkman.
(d) John Grattan.
4. Who said to give the Indian "a love for exclusive property"?
(a) President Andrew Jackson.
(b) Founding father, Samuel Adams.
(c) Secretary of War, Henry Knox.
(d) Vermont lawyer, Thomas Farnham.
5. According to Chapter 4, what was central to life for a Sioux male?
(a) Being a warrior.
(b) Making the first kill.
(c) Vision quest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Custer meet on Thanksgiving evening in 1862?
2. Where did "Custer get a decent return on the investment of his men's lives"?
3. Who led the attack on Black Kettle's band of Cheyenne at Sand Creek in 1864?
4. How many times during their lives did Crazy Horse and Custer come in contact with each other?
5. When did Custer become a Major General?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)