|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 1 : Chapter 1, Chapters 5, 6 & 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1854, who led four Brules in seeking revenge for Conquering Bear's death?
(a) Spotted Tail.
(b) Old Man Afraid.
(c) Brave Bear.
(d) Crazy Horse.
2. Who reported buffalo "as far as the eye could reach the country seemed blackened by innumerable herds"?
(a) Captain Benjamin Bonneville.
(b) Francis Parkman.
(c) The father of Crazy Horse.
(d) George Armstrong Custer.
3. What was the last major tribe pushed onto the Plains by military defeats with other tribes?
4. What element of the weather do the Plains and the seashore share?
(a) Warm, muggy temperatures.
(b) High wind velocity.
(c) Lack of snow.
(d) Limited rainfall.
5. Whose life was more controlled by time, according to Chapter 7?
(b) Crazy Horse.
(c) Both men.
(d) Neither man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote to Custer, "...I had to weep for joy that the recollection was sweet in your memory"?
2. What was Custer's nickname as a boy?
3. According to Chapter 4, what was central to life for a Sioux male?
4. At what ages did Custer and Crazy Horse become recognized leaders?
5. What is Pennsylvania Dutch?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)