Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 3 : Chapter 1, Chapters 13 & 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Oglalas call the road that the settlers knew as "The Oregon Trail"?
(a) Laramie Trail.
(b) The Solder's Trail.
(c) The White Man's Road.
(d) The Holy Road.
2. What more than tripled in Ohio from 1828 to 1850?
(d) Newspapers and periodicals.
3. At what age did most Sioux boys participate in their first tribal hunt?
(a) Ten or eleven.
(b) Fourteen to fifteen.
(c) Sixteen to seventeen.
(d) Twelve or thirteen.
4. In Chapter 2, the author writes that Americans worked so much that work became ____________.
(a) A religion.
(b) A psychic need.
(c) A hobby.
(d) The reason for living.
5. What are the Lance Owners?
(a) A tribal nickname.
(b) A Sioux society.
(c) Cheyenne warriors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is George Bent?
2. According to the author, who has written the definitive biography of George Custer?
3. What political party did Custer officially endorse in 1866?
4. At what ages did Custer and Crazy Horse become recognized leaders?
5. On the expedition against the whites on the Plains in June 1865, who led the Cheyenne?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)