|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Vaughan tell Ballard that Seagrave may follow after disappearing in a wig and leopard-skin coat?
2. Ballard notes that most of the celebrities listed for imaginary crashes in Vaughan's questionnaire are what?
3. What is the effect on Ballard of Vaughan following him in his car?
(a) Ballard thinks he will turn Vaughan in.
(b) Ballard thinks he will be involved in a second accident.
(c) Ballard thinks he will have a nervous breakdown.
(d) Ballard thinks he will kill Vaughan.
4. According to Ballard, each of Gabrielle's body was a "ripening anthology of ______possibilities."
5. What does Vaughan ask Ballard to do when they got to Earls Court?
(a) To take pictures of Gabrielle.
(b) To walk with Gabrielle.
(c) To undress Gabrielle.
(d) To wait for Gabrielle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Helen insist that she and Ballard follow Vaughan and Seagrave to Seagrave's home?
2. How many passengers get trapped in the limousine after the crash at the junction of the eastern descent ramp of the flyover?
3. What kind of alcohol does Ballard buy from the bar?
4. After leaving the hospital, what does Vaughan show Ballard at Seagrave's house?
5. What other famous personalities does Vaughan NOT obsess over?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of Vaughan's questionnaire?
2. What does Ballard think of when he introduces Catherine to Vaughan and why is it relevant?
3. Describe Catherine's fantasies about Vaughan, how they pertain to Ballard, and their impact on her and Ballard's marriage.
4. What kinds of pictures does Ballard find in the questionnaire and what do they signify?
5. What does Ballard fantasize about as he has sex with Gabrielle and what does it mean?
6. How do the prostitutes Vaughan picks up begin to change in appearance and why is it significant?
7. Why doesn't Ballard intervene on Elizabeth Taylor's behalf when he knew what Vaughan was capable of attempting to hurt her?
8. Where do Catherine and Vaughan have sex and why is it significant?
9. Why does Ballard begin to drive through the city in search of Vaughan?
10. What do Ballard and Vaughan do after they pick up two prostitutes and why is it relevant to the larger story?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)