|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Helen insist that she and Ballard follow Vaughan and Seagrave to Seagrave's home?
(a) Because Ballard doesn't trust Vaughan's motives.
(b) Because she doesn't trust Ballard's motives.
(c) Because Ballard doesn't trust Helen's motives.
(d) Because she doesn't trust Vaughan's motives.
2. What do the junior pathologist, trainee radiologist, and service manager of a garage all have in common?
(a) They are Catherine's lovers.
(b) They are Ballard's lovers.
(c) They are Vaughan's lovers.
(d) They are Helen's lovers.
3. What kind of equipment does Vaughan have in his apartment?
4. How old are the "sharp-faced airport whores" Vaughan is arguing with when Ballard comes out of the bar?
(a) "Barely older than School marms."
(b) "As old as Queen Mum."
(c) "As old as Queen and country."
(d) "Barely older than schoolchildren."
5. Who are the five film actresses Seagrave devised an "abattoir of sexual mutiliation" for Vaughan's questionnaire?
(a) Garbo, Jayne Mansfield, Elizabeth Taylor, Bardot, and Raquel Welch.
(b) Garbo, Jayne Mansfield, Marilyn Monroe, Bardot, and Raquel Welch.
(c) Bette Davis, Jayne Mansfield, Elizabeth Taylor, Bardot, and Raquel Welch.
(d) Bette Davis, Jayne Mansfield, Marilyn Monroe, Bardot, and Raquel Welch.
6. What other famous personalities does Vaughan NOT obsess over?
7. How does Seagrave preempt the "real death" that Vaughan reserved for himself?
(a) By wearing Vaughan's jacket and trousers in Elizabeth Taylor's death.
(b) By wearing Elizabeth Taylor's wig and costume in his own death.
(c) By driving Vaughan's Lincoln in Elizabeth Taylor's death.
(d) By driving Elizabeth Taylor's limo in his own death.
8. According to Ballard, each of Gabrielle's body was a "ripening anthology of ______possibilities."
9. Who does Vaughan tell Ballard that Seagrave may follow after disappearing in a wig and leopard-skin coat?
10. Ballard notes that most of the celebrities listed for imaginary crashes in Vaughan's questionnaire are what?
11. According to Ballard, what left an "archipelago of pockmarks" across Vaughan's neck?
12. What kind of injuries from car crashes is Vaughan most preoccupied, according to Ballard?
(a) Facial wounds.
(b) Genital wounds.
(c) Spinal wounds.
(d) Abdominal wounds.
13. According to Ballard, Helen was about to enter a period of what after her bereavement?
14. When Renata meets Ballard in the parking lot of the studio, what does she ask him about the crushed Citroen Pallas saloon car?
(a) If Paul Newman will drive it.
(b) If Sean Connery will drive it.
(c) If Julie Andrews will drive it.
(d) If Elizabeth Taylor will drive it.
15. In Ballard's last days with Vaughan, they no longer drive the motorway searching for accidents, but do what instead?
(a) Walk in a park near the airport.
(b) Sit in a parking lot behind Ballard' apartment.
(c) Drink in a bar near Vaughan's apartment.
(d) Sleep in a motel behind the airport.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who give Vaughan a set of passkeys so that he could take cars from the airport parking lots?
2. What lay in the dashboard locker below the instrument panel of the Citroen Pallas saloon car?
3. Who does Vaughan want Ballard to introduce him to?
4. When Ballard drives home with Catherine and Vaughan in the backseat, what does he notice for the first time since his release from the hospital?
5. Who does Ballard see on his balcony when he is caught in a traffic jam?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)