|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the parking lot outside the hospital, Ballard says that his hostility towards Vaughan gave way to what?
(a) Fear, even panic.
(b) Admiration, even envy.
(c) Passion, even love.
(d) Deference, even subservience.
2. What kind of commercial did Ballard prepare that he hoped to use a well-known actress for?
(a) A cigarette commercial.
(b) An airline commercial.
(c) A car commerical.
(d) A beer commercial.
3. As Ballard is taken to the hospital after his crash, he recalls that "Vaughan collected the _____of ________nurses in his photographic albums."
(a) Grimaces; emergency.
(b) Smiles; emergency.
(c) Smiles; casualty.
(d) Grimaces; casualty.
4. Where do Vaughan, Gabrielle, and Ballard visit at Earls Court?
(a) A motor show.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A studio.
(d) A research lab.
5. What is the name of the famous writer that Vaughan has an agency picture of for his questionnaire?
(a) Kurt Vonnegut.
(b) Albert Camus.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Helen insist that she and Ballard follow Vaughan and Seagrave to Seagrave's home?
2. After the crash, Ballard states that an "uneasy _____ carried me towards the hospital."
3. According to Ballard, "It isn't sex that Vaughan is interested in, but _______."
4. According to Ballard, Catherine's driving becomes what after his release from the hospital?
5. Who is Francis Waring, according to Ballard?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)