|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ballard, why does the young wife who is removed from her car after the crash resemble a "mentally defective girl" he once saw perform in a play?
(a) Because the young wife's expression looks like the girl's face.
(b) Because the young wife's crying sounds like the girl's singing.
(c) Because the young wife's wounds look like the girl's scars.
(d) Because the young wife's legs look like the girl's pirouette.
2. According to Ballard, "Above all, the apartment was dominated by Vaughan's evident _____."
3. What did Vaughan steal from Ballard ten days before Vaughan's death?
(a) His wife.
(b) His wallet.
(c) His job.
(d) His car.
4. At Northolt station, why does Helen ask Ballard to take her to the airport?
(a) Because she is taking a vacation to Spain.
(b) Because she works in the immigration department.
(c) Because she likes to see the planes take off and land.
(d) Because she is picking up a friend from America.
5. What kind of car does Catherine drive?
(a) A minivan.
(b) A large sedan.
(c) A sports car.
(d) A truck.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many cars did Ballard miss before hitting the one that kills a man?
2. Who did the man killed in the car crash with Ballard work for?
3. Ballard sees that next to the photos of various wounds from Vaughan's questionnaire, there are details of what?
4. According to Vaughan, why is it important for him to have Elizabeth Taylor fill out his questionnaire?
5. What do the subjects who completed Vaughan's questionnaire all have in common?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)