|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ballard, all who knew Vaughan accepted what about a car-crash?
(a) Its "intellectual stimulation."
(b) Its "perverse eroticism."
(c) Its "logical torture."
(d) Its "tragic flaw."
2. What kind of car does Catherine drive?
(a) A truck.
(b) A sports car.
(c) A minivan.
(d) A large sedan.
3. What injuries does Ballard sustain after the crash?
(a) Broken elbows.
(b) Herniated disc.
(c) Fractured knee-caps.
(d) Punctured lungs.
4. What pictures is Ballard's passenger looking at when they arrive at the scene of his accident that killed Helen's husband?
(a) Pictures of car crashes.
(b) Pictures of naked women.
(c) Pictures of famine victims.
(d) Pictures of beauty products.
5. When Ballard is lifted onto the stretcher after the crash, how does he feel?
(a) Guilty about causing a man to die.
(b) Aroused at seeing the young wife.
(c) Isolated from the reality of the accident.
(d) Relieved that he wasn't seriously injured.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the place where Vaughan and Ballard watch vehicles crash into concrete blocks?
2. What is the name of Ballard's wife?
3. On their driving excursions to look for accident sites, what does Vaughan describe to Ballard?
4. What word does Ballard repeat several times in his description of the car crash at the beginning of the book?
5. Who witnessed Ballard inappropriately touch a flight attendant on an escalator and were on his flight to Orly?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)