|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of business has Catherine started up with one of her boyfriends?
(a) A bus-tourist charter firm.
(b) A cycle-tourist charter firm.
(c) A walking-tourist charter firm.
(d) An air-tourist charter firm.
2. In the hospital, what contained the "hundred histories of collision and bereavement" according to Ballard?
(a) The broken wheelchairs.
(b) The full IV bags.
(c) The covered gurneys.
(d) The empty beds.
3. Where is the film studio Ballard works for located?
4. The walls of Vaughan's apartment are covered with close-ups of whose body?
(a) James Ballard's.
(b) Marilyn Monroe's.
(c) Dr. Helen Remington's.
(d) Elizabeth Taylor's.
5. Why would Vaughan arrange women in stylized positions in cars?
(a) To paint them.
(b) To film them.
(c) To write about them.
(d) To photograph them.
Short Answer Questions
1. The firemen who cut Ballard's door from its hinges looked like what according to Ballard?
2. Who, according to Ballard, "read the answer to her unspoken questions in the scars on my legs and chest" in the hospital?
3. What does Ballard do for the week after being released from the hospital?
4. According to Ballard, the young wife of the man killed in the car crash stared at him with a look that resembled a ________in an Early Renaissance icon.
5. What is the name of Catherine's secretary whom she asks Ballard to visualize her having intercourse with?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)