|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who witnessed Ballard inappropriately touch a flight attendant on an escalator and were on his flight to Orly?
(a) An American businessman and his wife.
(b) A Dutch businessman and his wife.
(c) A British businessman and his wife.
(d) A French businessman and his wife.
2. In the hospital, what contained the "hundred histories of collision and bereavement" according to Ballard?
(a) The full IV bags.
(b) The broken wheelchairs.
(c) The empty beds.
(d) The covered gurneys.
3. What kind of equipment does Vaughan have in his apartment?
4. At the Road Research Laboratory, when does Ballard feel his sense of disembodiment and unreality increase?
(a) When the cars crash.
(b) When the film plays.
(c) When Vaughan appears.
(d) When the visitors arrive.
5. What does Vaughan ask Ballard to do when they got to Earls Court?
(a) To take pictures of Gabrielle.
(b) To wait for Gabrielle.
(c) To walk with Gabrielle.
(d) To undress Gabrielle.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ballard, each of Gabrielle's body was a "ripening anthology of ______possibilities."
2. What is the person parked behind Ballard at the scene of the accident that killed Helen's husband doing?
3. Ballard and Vaughan listen to police and _______ broadcasts as they search for Seagrave, who has gone missing.
4. According to Vaughan, who has never been in a major crash so "everything lies in the future for her?"
5. According to Ballard, as he recuperates in the hospital, what does he state as the "only real experience" he had been through in years?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)